Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want to scare anyone, but I must share what happened today: I picked up my LR and within 6.3 miles of driving the car started shaking and shuddering really bad from the rear, followed by stalling out and a host of error messages: "vehicle shutting down, rear motor power reduced, pull over safely, exiting the car, and re-entering may restore power". The car was towed to the service center. I will update what they find in a few days. As a side note, a little icon of a turtle shows up with the "power reduced".
Update: the rear drive unit inverter failed, the service manager advised it is not common, and he was confident it would be fixed soon, he was waiting on the part.

Wait, do you have the same config as @DukeofURL and myself? Where've you been, brotha!! 😄

Looks like you have a similar EDD to my 2 identical orders (Sep 9-29 for one, Sep 10-30 for the other)

What's your reservation number's first few digits, and order date?
I’m in the two order club also, ha.

RN115425 ordered August 2nd 2021

second is: RN115406 MSP/blue/white/wood/19/FSD ordered August 1st 2021

Ordered 5/8/2021, MSLR black on black 21 inch wheels. Kansas city, Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. 7/26 I started showing 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 showed 8/17-8/31
8/4 showed 8/18-8/31
8/5 showed 8/20-9/3
8/6 showed 8/22-9/5
8/7 showed 8/23-9/6
8/8 showed 8/25-9/8
8/9 showed 8/27-9/10
8/10 showed 8/27-9/10
8/11 showed 8/25-9/1
8/12 showed 10/16-11/5
8/13 showed 8/27-9/7
8/14 showed 8/28-9/7
8/15 showed 8/29-9/7
8/16 showed 8/30-9/7
8/17 showed 8/31-9/7

8/18 at 7am showed 8/31-9/3 with VIN
8/18 at 9am showed 8/28-9/4 with VIN
8/18 at 11am shows 8/27-9/3 with VIN

VIN is 5YJSA1E50MF440XXX

Noonish today I decided to call in and ask "since I have the VIN should I go ahead and figure out my financing with the bank" the rep at the Tesla dealership said that "it looks like we will receive the car 8/31 or 9/1 and we will get ahold of you to schedule a pick up 9/2 or 9/3.
I’m outside of Boston. Ordered same day with LR Blue/Black/19 and had been tracking exactly with you until today when i got pushed back to 10/23 to 11/12.

I have not seen any evidence that supports this theory.

I am testing it myself with two orders for identical configurations that were placed nearly a year apart (search under my username for the history there).

But so far, there is no evidence that newer orders that are priced higher for *identical configs* are being prioritized over older orders.

FWIW, It just occurred to me that being on the same account might skew your results. Same config on a separate email address would be clearer. You can always merge accounts later.

My config was different but I got my VIN within hours of placing my order. Initial EDD was 4 days after order date.

FWIW, It just occurred to me that being on the same account might skew your results. Same config on a separate email address would be clearer. You can always merge accounts later.
As a matter of fact, I do have the two identical orders on different Tesla accounts that have different email addresses ;)

Question: do you know how to merge accounts later?

As a matter of fact, I do have the two identical orders on different accounts ;)

Question: do you know how to merge accounts later?
Call and ask to merge. They will send request to your email on file with instructions for which account remains. I just did it with this order and it was quick and easy.

Call and ask to merge. They will send request to your email on file with instructions for which account remains. I just did it with this order and it was quick and easy.
Got it, thanks.

I have some free SC miles on the different accounts so I’ll have to see if they can be additive upon merging (not holding my breath though..)

What number did you call?

Got it, thanks.

I have some free SC miles on the different accounts so I’ll have to see if they can be additive upon merging (not holding my breath though..)

What number did you call?
I called our local number but it seems that all calls get routed to phone banks around the country now. I think I hit 1 for vehicles and then 2 for pre-delivery issues.

Update: the rear drive unit inverter failed, the service manager advised it is not common, and he was confident it would be fixed soon, he was waiting on the part.

That is great they found it. Personally, I have faith in my SC Tech's. Hopefully yours is as good. Trust yours unless he said parts would be in within "two weeks".

DAMN, I go to work for a day and y'all are 10 pages up!! You folks have got a LOT of time on your hands!! I'm jealous.

So, to the individual, if you're a member on this page, who had their MSLR at the SFO New England Lobster Market and Eatery this afternoon. I apologize for staring at your car, and if I got any drool on it, I sincerely apologize. I had rushed over from the airport and had a very limited time to pickup my to-go order and I may have had an uncontrollable urge to drool, I mean checkout your car. Please forgive me and I am very jealous.

ABSOLUTE PROOF @2021plaid is in fact a bot. It is virtually impossible for a human to reply within "a moment."
Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 9.34.49 PM.png