Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I have a new delivery date on Monday but I have doubts. Wednesday they told me the new bumper would be in on Friday and I could probably take delivery Saturday (today). After not hearing a peep from them I finally decided to call myself. They are about to close for today but said my car was in their detail shop getting hand washed/inspected. They created a new delivery appointment for Monday but the person I spoke with couldn't answer if all my concerns were addressed because the delivery people had already gone. They told me to call before I come on Monday. I guess I should prepare for even more disappointment.

Your wife was asking why you have been spending all that time in the bathroom...
1629588353773.gif

I had a similar experience. I stopped by the showroom yesterday, I mentioned my dashboard is showing Sept 17-30. The SA offered to check his internal system and it apparently indicates October.
I heard the same thing from an SA yesterday at my local store. He said my late September delivery was unlikely and mid-October was the highest probability for me. Ugh!

Oh I’m right there with ya.

In fact, where I grew up (non-English speaking country), “to Hoover” was equivalent of the English verb “to vaccuum” 🤷‍♂️

Not until much later in life did I realize Hoover was actually a brand, not a verb!

Did you think it was intetesting people selling Hoovers door to door?

@Spiegels But seriously, they don’t know shite! Bookmark your post and update us all when you take delivery next month!
While I totally agree, he did look into whatever their planning system was and it took a while to load. The SA was the most informed and technical of all the 7 or so SAs I’ve spoken with over the past 4 months so I’m not totally ignoring his comments but since I’m 5 weeks away, I know nothing is for sure. Even though I’m a Seattle guy I’m picking mine up in Costa Mesa, CA where I spend the winter months. It is several thousand $$ less to buy the car in CA (lower tax and a $1,500 EV state rebate) and the insurance is the the same as WA (I was quite surprised to find this out.)

@AnselmDante - have you seen @MrExitStrategy video of issues on YouTube? Actually genuinely curious if you have/notice any plasticy-sounding noises from the door handles when you pull on them (or if you try to pull them or up down when extended) or if your dash makes a squeaky plasticy noise if you push on it when the silver/wood/vegan leather all meet.

Really wondering if he just got a really bad batch (sorry bud)
Why the hell would I do any of those things? The dash is decorative. I haven't even thought of just randomly flexing or pushing on it. And the door handles move in and out, Why would anyone try to pull them up and down? I did inspect to see if any of the handles were rubbing the paint from misalignment, and mine are all centered properly.

"Hi Alice, what's wrong?"

"My boyfriends penis has issues."

"How so"

"Well, I got bored of pulling up and down, so I started pulling left and right, but he said that hurts."

"Yeah, that's weird. I'll see if my boyfriends has that problem too."

Why the hell would I do any of those things? The dash is decorative. I haven't even thought of just randomly flexing or pushing on it. And the door handles move in and out, Why would anyone try to pull them up and down? I did inspect to see if any of the handles were rubbing the paint from misalignment, and mine are all centered properly.

"How so"

"Well, I got bored of pulling up and down, so I started pulling left and right, but he said that hurts."

Tbf, his door handles and side mirrors make the noise with regular operation.

"How so"

I have absolute respect for that answer.

The USPS is conspiring against me getting the Plaid…

One of the remaining steps prior to moving onward in the Tesla (sequential) website purchase task list, was to upload the title of my trade. Because Texas/Tesla, I had to payoff the wife’s Mustang, and have them mail the paper title to me. I begged them to FedEx it at my expense, but they refused, so regular USPS is was. They mailed it on the 18th, and it was delivered today, just to the wrong house! Our USPS service in this area is so bad, that I estimate 20%+ of our mail goes missing.

The one damn piece of mail I NEEDED them to deliver properly, and they botched it! I mean, they could have burned all my other mail for months as long as they got just this one piece delivered correctly, but nope! Luckily, the person that actually got it was kind enough take it to our house today, and was was just blown away how screwed I almost was (I later purchased a $100 Amazon fight card and brought it to them. They tried to refuse it, but I begged them to please take it, so they did.). This Mustang was originally purchased new where we used to live in Hawaii, and it was a paper title on file at FMC, so no electronic lien release in Texas because of this. If that title was lost in the mail, it could have been bad enough where we would have delayed for weeks or likely months because Hawaii DMV no longer answers their phones, no messages could be left, and no way to hanle something like this through their website.

This certainly would have borked this purchase, and the VIN/allocation would have been lost. Well, all is good as I still have my VIN, my delivery appointment is set for Sep 2, my trade title is now uploaded, and that ”unlocked” the next step in this RPG we call call a Tesla purchase. I can now upload my proof of insurance, provide payment, etc. Can’t wait to unlock the last level and fight the boss-monster to receive my Plaid.