Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be interesting to watch how the weight drops improve performance as the model progresses. Would certainly think 8's are in the cars. Who knows, maybe some year in the 7's for the roadster model. Now that would be an eye popping performance number that's for sure!! I personally would love to see a 200 MPH trap speed. 😱 🤣
Oh it will be AWESOME! TESLA FTW!😁 😁

Another perk of owning a Tesla:

I dropped mine off Tuesday for detailing. I asked if I would be able to have it back by Friday night and he said probably, definitely by Saturday morning. Yesterday evening I called and was told they can not get to it till at least Saturday morning. I threw a mild fit and reminded them I needed the car by Saturday morning.

With any other car I have owned, I would be calling periodically, to inquire and nag about the time frame. With my Tesla app, I can see the vehicle temperature is at 83, while the outside temp is 86. I can also see that the doors are now unlocked, and the locater shows it has moved from the parking lot to inside their facility. No need to call. I can relax, knowing work has clearly started on my detailing.
Or, just maybe, they just brought it in for lunch and to play some games.

Another perk of owning a Tesla:

I dropped mine off Tuesday for detailing. I asked if I would be able to have it back by Friday night and he said probably, definitely by Saturday morning. Yesterday evening I called and was told they can not get to it till at least Saturday morning. I threw a mild fit and reminded them I needed the car by Saturday morning.

With any other car I have owned, I would be calling periodically, to inquire and nag about the time frame. With my Tesla app, I can see the vehicle temperature is at 83, while the outside temp is 86. I can also see that the doors are now unlocked, and the locater shows it has moved from the parking lot to inside their facility. No need to call. I can relax, knowing work has clearly started on my detailing.

OR you can tell when someone goes and takes your car for a joy ride!

Yes, but this car has been in development for 4 years already. And they won't be modifying a line most likely; they'll likely start from scratch, which will save time because don't have to modify existing parts.
I think the constraint will be cells--the Roadster will be contending with the CT, Semi and the megacast Y. Which is why I also don't think we'll see a 4860-based S/X anytime soon.

I think the constraint will be cells--the Roadster will be contending with the CT, Semi and the megacast Y. Which is why I also don't think we'll see a 4860-based S/X anytime soon.
Agreed. We'll have to see what happens. There are going to be a lot of battery manufacturers producing 4680s next year, and hopefully they can hit that 10 GWH annualized rate.

I did the opposite. I upgraded to the 21's not knowing they were summer tires.
Yep I remember you writing that. Fortunately I heard loud and clear all 21's were summer. I just would have grabbed them then than settle for 19 summers. I could have bought 19 winters now instead. Keeping the car many years, I'll just run the 19 summers down and flip to winter and grab 21's down the road. Start a "budget" fund now for then. I have a tricked out two door Jeep wrangler I'll continue to drive in the snow is all. I'll also let folks know whenever I get it if they're 19 summers. Grrrrrrr...

Still incorrectly named. Speed is a constant. Acceleration is a rate of change. I don't believe any police department has an accelerometer that can measure my rate of change. It's a judgement call, based solely on what they have decided is excessive.

Why is this even a thing? If there is one car at a red light, and as I approach at full speed it turns green, am I in violation of "Exhibition of speed" as I fly by the stationary vehicle? I've never been ticketed for this, but I would be curious how the violation would be proven if I chose to debate it in traffic court. I wonder if they have a "rate of change" threshold they can prove I exceeded.
It's been many, many years since I was in a position to write tickets (Army MP) but I think we referred to it as an unsafe start.

Once I got my S, I had zero...I mean zero..desire for ICE anymore. (And I loved..//M and AMG cars). The inefficiency (when we think about all of the sensors and systems in place needed to keep a ICE engine running optimally, air fuel ratio controls, cooling systems, systems needed to control its emissions, etc) and maintenance and everything else.
I know but I still love the E Type I remember as a kid. Since I am remodeling the garage for the S, maybe I'll get an E Type just to sit in when I am in the garage (as furniture and art because Jaguars are the poster child for ICE car maintenance issues/ love Lucas Electrics)

Too bad getting an E-Type would be so expensive now. I missed my shot at one when I was a teenager and a frustrated neighbor knowing I liked his E Type so much offered to sell it to me for a ridiculously low price (which I had). My Dad stopped me reminding me of how much time I spent pushing my best friend's old Triumph Spitfire home and how little time we saw our neighbor actually driving the E-Type.

I'm looking forward to finally getting the S and mainly worrying about panel gaps and interior fitment issues (and noisy 19" wheels :p). Still, I miss lusting after classic British racing cars and helping my buddies tinker with their old American muscle cars (and the Spitfire). Maybe I'll wrap the S in British Racing Green.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It will be interesting to watch how the weight drops improve performance as the model progresses. Would certainly think 8's are in the cars. Who knows, maybe some year in the 7's for the roadster model. Now that would be an eye popping performance number that's for sure!! I personally would love to see a 200 MPH trap speed. 😱 🤣
The NHRA will totally dig a 200MPH trap too. They'll kick us out so hard and so fast it'll make the car seem slow. o_O
I am waiting for the software to unlock the 200MPH top speed. I'll immediately sign up for a No Fly Zone event.