Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my Tesla account today…somehow it’s back to Est Delivery Sept 20-30. Yay! It was 9/20-9/30 for a couple weeks and then had changed to 10/6-10/20 a few days ago.

Let’s see if I actually get a VIN in the next few days; if not, then it’s all bs and inaccurate. But at least we’re supposedly moving forward to backward! 🙏🏻👍🏻😎
So it came true. Called it ;)👍🏼

Tesla has never sold a car with fake anything AFAIK. It's always been real carbon and wood. Even the M3 SR+ has real wood, which I think is a nice touch. If it was plastic, you'd be able to tell. They'd have to spend so much more expense just to try to imitate wood, rather than just equipping real wood in the first place, that there's no way Tesla would find that a good investment.
To get the "gashes" in the "fake wood" they could just line up angry customers who are waiting for delivery and want to take their anger out at Tesla. Seems ideal.

Another perk of owning a Tesla:

I dropped mine off Tuesday for detailing. I asked if I would be able to have it back by Friday night and he said probably, definitely by Saturday morning. Yesterday evening I called and was told they can not get to it till at least Saturday morning. I threw a mild fit and reminded them I needed the car by Saturday morning.

With any other car I have owned, I would be calling periodically, to inquire and nag about the time frame. With my Tesla app, I can see the vehicle temperature is at 83, while the outside temp is 86. I can also see that the doors are now unlocked, and the locater shows it has moved from the parking lot to inside their facility. No need to call. I can relax, knowing work has clearly started on my detailing.
Outside of the mild fit, I did the exact same thing lol.

The NHRA will totally dig a 200MPH trap too. They'll kick us out so hard and so fast it'll make the car seem slow. o_O
I am waiting for the software to unlock the 200MPH top speed. I'll immediately sign up for a No Fly Zone event.
Waiting for that unlock too, I usually go twice a year to the no fly zone events cant wait to see what it does in a half mile unlocked.

Waiting for that unlock too, I usually go twice a year to the no fly zone events cant wait to see what it does in a half mile unlocked.
Yeah I can't either! 150+ in the 1/4 and I have had it to top speed and it really takes no time at all to get there, obviously. I had a 991.2 TTS that went about 174 in the 1/2 and the Plaid will destroy that car, so I am super curious.

Yeah I can't either! 150+ in the 1/4 and I have had it to top speed and it really takes no time at all to get there, obviously. I had a 991.2 TTS that went about 174 in the 1/2 and the Plaid will destroy that car, so I am super curious.

I've personally raced against the 99x TT's in the half mile and they are very impressive! It was actually trapping the MPH you had in your quote. I can't wait to see the Plaid at the half mile events.

Does anyone know, does Tesla ever adjust the car prices downwards?
There was a post so many pages back, that suggested the new LR's going forward could be more expensive by $10k or more - thus our cars sort of instantly jump in value as a resale.
If the hikes are true, and the cars hold their value, that statement would be true - but if they have occasional price drops, then all bets could be off.
Thoughts?
Yes, Tesla drops the prices of its cars all the time. Just look at what a Model S P100DL cost back in 2016. It was about $180k out the door. Ask me how I know. :)

Odds on the LR getting a performance boost option similar to the 3 and Y?
Odds are really good, probably not for a year or more. The LR can beat a P100D in the 1/4 mile, even with the half second deficit from 0-60. I believe it is getting a software restriction, along with the 0-60 speed of 3.1, without rollout, to make the Plaid look that much more appealing. I am convinced Tesla will take my money in a year or so to give me a sub 2.5 0-60.

Peacocks, don't ruffle your feathers, the Plaid is awesome.

Last edited:
Comparison of LR / Plaid underbody

The differences are very slight. Only significant difference are rear motors. Could the front motor on the LR be carbon-sleeved?
I like how he points out the frame of the LR can support the dual rear motor of the Plaid. Software differences aside, it would be hilarious if someone could buy the plaid rear motor for $9k retail, and save $31K for the same performance.

I like how he points out the frame of the LR can support the dual rear motor of the Plaid. Software differences aside, it would be hilarious if someone could buy the plaid rear motor for $9k retail, and save $31K for the same performance.
Wonder if you need a VIN to order the part though. Do not have the EPC in front of me. Guess if you know a guy, who knows a girl, who knows a guy - they can order it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Okay so... I like the molded mud flaps from Taptes, they should look a lot better than the flat plastic ones. I placed an order a couple days ago so I can be ready in the event my 11 month MS order finally arrives, gets built, falls out of the sky, whatever. I have been emailing them regarding the discrepancy on their model year fit, this was their reply today...

View attachment 702032

View attachment 702034
I cancelled my order for what they used to have and called Mud Flaps for 2021 Model S and I received a similar email when I cancelled my order. Sorry, but I don't trust them and it was super difficult to reach them (only via email although they list a toll-free number to call BUT nobody ever answers and they're in Hong Kong!). Sorry but I would beware of this company and their products; just wait until you see a bunch of them specifically for the refresh MS Palid/LR on Amazon.com. At least you can cancel the order and/or return them without any issue when purchased on Amazon.com. That's my take on this.

Reactions: jebinc
Here we gooooooooo!!!

12613095-2AF1-4FEF-A683-0D078B05AFF4.jpeg

Comparison of LR / Plaid underbody

The differences are very slight. Only significant difference are rear motors. Could the front motor on the LR be carbon-sleeved?
It could be, but then that adds tremendous confusion on how the LR holds power like it does in the rear motor. IMO, either both motors have it, or none of them do. I'm in the school of thought that it doesn't use the carbon-wrapped rotors, but the motors are beyond efficient, and that's how they can hold power.

Reactions: TheWalkingDad
I know but I still love the E Type I remember as a kid. Since I am remodeling the garage for the S, maybe I'll get an E Type just to sit in when I am in the garage (as furniture and art because Jaguars are the poster child for ICE car maintenance issues/ love Lucas Electrics)

Too bad getting an E-Type would be so expensive now. I missed my shot at one when I was a teenager and a frustrated neighbor knowing I liked his E Type so much offered to sell it to me for a ridiculously low price (which I had). My Dad stopped me reminding me of how much time I spent pushing my best friend's old Triumph Spitfire home and how little time we saw our neighbor actually driving the E-Type.

I'm looking forward to finally getting the S and mainly worrying about panel gaps and interior fitment issues (and noisy 19" wheels :p). Still, I miss lusting after classic British racing cars and helping my buddies tinker with their old American muscle cars (and the Spitfire). Maybe I'll wrap the S in British Racing Green.
I loved the E Type too as a kid. My dad had a MGB GT. I liked the E Type in red. I though all the rocker switches were so cool on the interior. The exterior is perfection.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid