Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any Canadian customers have a VIN or date range that is narrowing and threatening a VIN ? My RN is 11456xx MSM/LR/19 placed in February and was holding a 9/2-9/19 date for a week and today pushed more than a month to 10/5-10/25 as well as a few other folks in a WhatsApp group who experienced the same push today. There are some theories around yoke approval for Canada etc etc and just wondering if anyone up north here is close ?
Exact same happened to me. Please add me to this what'sapp group. My number is 416 725 1195. Thanks!

I have two Plaids that show delivery in September, one is asking for payment with a VINV, both are red with CF. One has Black Interior and the other Cream. Post some pics of your version of these two options to help me decide. Getting tired of no EDD on my White/White order. Thanks.
Yea I keep going back and forth with black/CF and cream/CF. Those cream pics from the other day looked great but black is more low maintenance. Tough call.

Coral Gables, FL. Since they opened they’ve been outstanding. Lately they seem to be overwhelmed with new buyers and Plaid problems. Every time I have been there multiple Y and 3 buyers plus Y and 3 deliveries. They are swamped, every day.
oh dang my EDD for my plaid shifted from Sept 03-06 to Sept 12-15 and delivery is at Coral Gables

I'm assuming this may be due to what you mentioned

I mean Ferrari did something like this with LaFerrari. I think it mostly means they don't have the technology stack to deliver a pure EV that would satisfy the Corvette faithful.
The Corvette faithfuls probably want to hear exhaust. GM will ease em into it with the hybrid and then a pure EV likely down the road.

The Corvette faithfuls probably want to hear exhaust. GM will ease em into it with the hybrid and then a pure EV likely down the road.
They could just preload their EVs with Corvette exhaust sounds for the pedestrian system.

Hell, put it as a feature on the website. "Your Corvette EV now comes with sounds from your gas guzzling V8 memories pre-load!*"

Edit: go full Tesla and say "* some features might not be available at Delivery"

Last edited:
So do the Mustang people. Ford played it smart IMO. Apparently a 4 door 'Vette and a 'Vette SUV are on the way. I expect those to be full EV as well. Probably a full EV 'Vette will arrive sometime preceding or around the same time as the Zora, with the C9 being the last hybrid 'Vette before EV-only.

So do the Mustang people. Ford played it smart IMO. Apparently a 4 door 'Vette and a 'Vette SUV are on the way. I expect those to be full EV as well. Probably a full EV 'Vette will arrive sometime preceding or around the same time as the Zora, with the C9 being the last hybrid 'Vette before EV-only.
As another interesting tidbit, the 4 door Mustang is apparently real, and should be full EV as well. Ford was spied benchmarking a Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye, (Why Is Ford Benchmarking A Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat?) so we know it will be fast. Not Plaid fast, but mid to low 10s for sure I would say.

Any guesses on weight lol? 🤣
Probably 200 pounds heavier than the base car especially with those big ass 345 tires..
They could just preload their EVs with Corvette exhaust sounds for the pedestrian system.

Hell, put it as a feature on the website. "Your Corvette EV now comes with sounds from your gas guzzling V8 memories pre-load!"
Lol I forgot about the exhaust sounds. I watched the video dragtimes posted a few weeks ago and it was awesome.
I want my Plaid to have a V8 rumble :)

I hate to say this, and I love and am really excited for the Hummer EV, buuuutt:
Wow, that thing is FAT !! I'm all in on the Dual Motor Cybertruck for $50k. I initially ordered Tri Motor but changed it to Dual a few months ago and started saving for a Roadster. Figure I probably have at least a year or more.

Wow, that thing is FAT !! I'm all in on the Dual Motor Cybertruck for $50k. I initially ordered Tri Motor but changed it to Dual a few months ago and started saving for a Roadster. Figure I probably have at least a year or more.
Oh you're getting a Roadster?! AWESOME. If you are getting one, @TorqueMonster is also a Roadster reservation holder as well. :)

Today I went to my local store/Service Center after having a constantly moving delivery date and numerous tales about what the stars was. Yesterday a person purported to be the sales manager told me mine was ready fro delivery except for a 'torque check' and should be ready for delivery 30th August.

This afternoon, 30th August, I went back to the store and found a new volunteer. He went away for about ten minutes and returned with the following:
1. There are more than twenty Model S waiting to be inspected 'on the third floor';
2. Mine is there too and has had no inspection, but it did arrive 24th August;
3. The store was "instructed by Fremont not to deliver any S that is not perfect;
4. There is to be a mass update for all 20-odd of them at the same time tomorrow meant to resolve most issues.
5. Since many of them are 'almost perfect' those will be released for delivery as soon as 31st August afternoon.

That sounded more plausible to me that some other stories I have been told, but...
A pretty Red Plaid with 21" and black interior was sitting on the delivery line, gleaming, with no plates.

For certain I have paid for my car. For certain nobody has a clue when it might be delivered.
For certain I have no way to ascertain what is true among the various stories I have been told.
You should see some of the CRAP that I have rejected (5 with paint chips, down to the aluminum, 2 with paint runs, trim damage, wheel damage, wood interior damage, a shitty attempt to wet sand the A pillar and they didn't even clean up the wax that ran down into the door from buffing), glad they are finally listening. It is ridiculous at this price point to have so many paint flaws, trim flaws and just poor detailing overall.

I get excited about hummers too.
OMG @AnselmDante!!!!!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

Oh you're getting a Roadster?! AWESOME. If you are getting one, @TorqueMonster is also a Roadster reservation holder as well. :)
If either of you need a driver, I know a guy.

I was tempted to place an order in 2017 but I decided to wait until closer to production. The $50k deposit was a bit steep considering the car wasn't expected until 2020. Since nobody knows when, I feel more comfortable waiting until production starts. I'd rather have the $50k instead of Tesla sitting on it for years.
Edit: I'm also very curious to know the details. I assume the specs will be very different than what was announced 4 years ago.