Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NICE! Some of the time, I hate CA (most of the time, actually) F'ers!
According to www.ticketsnipers.com:
A License Plate Display Failure ticket will cost you $196 and Up in fines plus $1,000+ in insurance hikes and penalties. Although the state of California issues two license plates for most vehicles, many vehicle owners choose not to install one of them on their front bumper.
good lord. Between that, the seemingly constant natural disasters, the sales tax rates, the electricity rates, seemingly inability to deter shoplifters looting daily, the ugly HOV stickers that are the biggest/ugliest in the country, those weird labels on 99% of everything babbling about something about cancer...Its easy to see why Austin and other cities are getting so many cali transplants..

Gorgeous state (when its not on fire) though

So based on everyone’s encouragement, I called Tesla again. I was informed that my car wasn’t at Birmingham, nor had it left there:, rather, my car was on its way to Birmingham on a truck from Arma-something Texas.

The person I talked to suggested the person my wife talked to earlier simply was inexperienced at reading, um, words.

so there you go.
I told you not to call 😀

Driving home from the store and what do I see? Plaid with 19” rims pass right in front of me! <Checks account for the 20th time today> Nope still blank. *Sigh*

8210938D-ACF4-4D50-9183-A5458F0EA3B9.png
9B4D30ED-E4CB-44E6-B525-0345497D412A.png

Today I went to my local store/Service Center after having a constantly moving delivery date and numerous tales about what the stars was. Yesterday a person purported to be the sales manager told me mine was ready fro delivery except for a 'torque check' and should be ready for delivery 30th August.

This afternoon, 30th August, I went back to the store and found a new volunteer. He went away for about ten minutes and returned with the following:
1. There are more than twenty Model S waiting to be inspected 'on the third floor';
2. Mine is there too and has had no inspection, but it did arrive 24th August;
3. The store was "instructed by Fremont not to deliver any S that is not perfect;
4. There is to be a mass update for all 20-odd of them at the same time tomorrow meant to resolve most issues.
5. Since many of them are 'almost perfect' those will be released for delivery as soon as 31st August afternoon.

That sounded more plausible to me that some other stories I have been told, but...
A pretty Red Plaid with 21" and black interior was sitting on the delivery line, gleaming, with no plates.

For certain I have paid for my car. For certain nobody has a clue when it might be delivered.
For certain I have no way to ascertain what is true among the various stories I have been told.

Realized that since I'm keeping my oem Michelin tires for the new wheels, I lowered the price for just the 21" Arachnid wheels to $2,000.00 + shipping or $2,000.00 for local pickup here in South Florida. $500 non-refundable deposit due w/ $1,500 due before shipping or at the time of pickup. I posted in the TMC Marketplace for anyone who is seriously interested...PM me... FS: Brand New OEM 2021 Model S Plaid/LR Arachnid Wheels (not including tires or tpms)
UPDATE: SOLD & Reserved for another TMC member, pending final payment just before shipping to Cali! Thank you!

Today I went to my local store/Service Center after having a constantly moving delivery date and numerous tales about what the stars was. Yesterday a person purported to be the sales manager told me mine was ready fro delivery except for a 'torque check' and should be ready for delivery 30th August.

This afternoon, 30th August, I went back to the store and found a new volunteer. He went away for about ten minutes and returned with the following:
1. There are more than twenty Model S waiting to be inspected 'on the third floor';
2. Mine is there too and has had no inspection, but it did arrive 24th August;
3. The store was "instructed by Fremont not to deliver any S that is not perfect;
4. There is to be a mass update for all 20-odd of them at the same time tomorrow meant to resolve most issues.
5. Since many of them are 'almost perfect' those will be released for delivery as soon as 31st August afternoon.

That sounded more plausible to me that some other stories I have been told, but...
A pretty Red Plaid with 21" and black interior was sitting on the delivery line, gleaming, with no plates.

For certain I have paid for my car. For certain nobody has a clue when it might be delivered.
For certain I have no way to ascertain what is true among the various stories I have been told.
Frustrating to say the least....
Where is this location?

So based on everyone’s encouragement, I called Tesla again. I was informed that my car wasn’t at Birmingham, nor had it left there:, rather, my car was on its way to Birmingham on a truck from Arma-something Texas.

The person I talked to suggested the person my wife talked to earlier simply was inexperienced at reading, um, words.

so there you go.
Amarillo

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well, here we are at delivery day! ... again ... still no VIN lol

Estimated Delivery: August 30 - September 18

I can't wait to see my new delivery date tomorrow. Maybe it will be October this time?

#SoonTM
Felt so bad for you, I reached out to my bud, Elon, he says, "two weeks".

With the guidance of @lolachampcar I installed the perfect compromise to 19's and 21's.
20" TSW Nurburgring 20x10. With tires they are 54.3lbs. The 19's I replaced are 57 and for sale here in case anyone is interested.
For tires I went with @lolachampcar recommendation as well, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 275/35ZR2 on all 4 corners.
Im VERY happy with how they look on the car. They are a bit more noisy that the 19's
I have yet to stomp on it to see how they do as far as straight line traction. (Im really hoping for an improvement there.
IMG_4325.jpeg

With the guidance of @lolachampcar I installed the perfect compromise to 19's and 21's.
20" TSW Nurburgring 20x10. With tires they are 54.3lbs. The 19's I replaced are 57 and for sale here in case anyone is interested.
For tires I went with @lolachampcar recommendation as well, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 275/35ZR2 on all 4 corners.
Im VERY happy with how they look on the car. They are a bit more noisy that the 19's
I have yet to stomp on it to see how they do as far as straight line traction. (Im really hoping for an improvement there.
View attachment 703375
Looks great! Those are the same tires I was looking at to replace the summer 19’s on the LR when I get it. Were you able to trade the OEM tires out? Just wish Tesla put All Seasons on the LR.

Coral Gables, FL. Since they opened they’ve been outstanding. Lately they seem to be overwhelmed with new buyers and Plaid problems. Every time I have been there multiple Y and 3 buyers plus Y and 3 deliveries. They are swamped, every day.
Thanks...
I was encouraged by #3 as I've read horror stories of cars being delivered with really subpar quality and the SA basically stating "take it or leave it...there are 10 more people that will take this car".

View attachment 703375
Those look great!

I have a generic black plastic frame and attached suction cups on the back--works great when parked--would not drive any great distance--about $15 total:

I just put it on the dash when parked in a public lot. Only been ticketed twice for no front plates twice in 30 years. Both times at LAX. Both times forgot to put it up.

good lord. Between that, the seemingly constant natural disasters, the sales tax rates, the electricity rates, seemingly inability to deter shoplifters looting daily, the ugly HOV stickers that are the biggest/ugliest in the country, those weird labels on 99% of everything babbling about something about cancer...Its easy to see why Austin and other cities are getting so many cali transplants..

Gorgeous state (when its not on fire) though

When they were talking about transferring us here 30 years ago from upstate NY, I drove around for a few days exploring trying to decide. On my last day, I called my mom on a pay phone and said ‘I get it now’. I was just on the beach watching the sunset in Santa Monica. Permanent home base here ever since.

I just put it on the dash when parked in a public lot. Only been ticketed twice for no front plates twice in 30 years. Both times at LAX. Both times forgot to put it up.

When they were talking about transferring us here 30 years ago from upstate NY, I drove around for a few days exploring trying to decide. On my last day, I called my mom on a pay phone and said ‘I get it now’. I was just on the beach watching the sunset in Santa Monica. Permanent home base here ever since.
Too true.