Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a late comer to the Plaid train here. Originally wanted the Plaid plus but.... I saw on Youtube that there were Plaid cars popping up on the "available now" page. I lucked out and grabbed a red with Black walnut interior. I originally wanted carbon fiber as that is what both of my other cars have but this didn't look too bad. Asked the SA if there was one I could see in person and was told no. None were available. I asked to his thoughts on the qulity coming off the line. He did NOT paint a good picture which really lowered my expectations. He told me I could reject the car when I saw it if I didn't like it and the deposit could be transferred to a different one (model s that is, not to any other model).

Received a call from the SA for the delivery appointment to my house. I'm trading in my Model X and they would drop off the car and drive back the Model X. As my wife wanted to see a blue colored car (just for color comparison) I asked if I could do the delivery at the factory. He said OK. I also asked if I would have the ability to see the inside of the car before I did the acceptance. He said no. No one would be there as it is a touchless delivery. I didn't like that.

Then I said, so if you are delivering to my house, someone is driving the car to me and it would be open....... right?
He said, yes, that would work (loophole).

So now I'm waiting between 9-6 pst for the delivery today. Trying to get this better defined.
More data once I have it.

RN115557757
VIN 5YJSA1E63MF43XXXX

Can you buy just the 24’ cord and retrofit to replace the 18’ , or no? That would be awesome if you could. I could use the extra 6’. (Cue @AnselmDante 😀).
They don't show just the cord on the shopping site. Maybe it is in the parts catalog? Someone mentioned $350 for the cord, faceplate, and electronics kit so not worth the trouble to me as the whole unit is $500.

Old software?

30FB5BF4-B5BC-4102-B1DE-120E880505DA.jpeg

Would someone mind measuring the width for the middle seating position in the backseat? I’m trying to see if a booster seat will fit without overlapping the buckles like it does on the Y. Attached is an example of what I’m trying to figure out.
It is 11" between the buckles.

When I setting up delivery, they told me personal check. I think, these days, they just pull the routing and account number of the check and initiate a funds verification/ACH transfer.
And yet, my SC Mgr told me to only bring a Bank Cashier's Check at delivery/pick up if I wanted to pay by check. IDK...talk to 5 different people at Tesla and you get 5 different answers. I can tell you that @lolachampcar told me (and has mentioned in this TMC thread before) that he figured that since Tesla previously accepted personal checks (for the entire purchase amount) before for his previous Tesla EVs that they would accept a personal check for his MS Plaid. However, that wasn't the case and they wouldn't accept a personal check. Perhaps it depends on the state and actual SC?

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu
👌 I’m one of ‘those guys’. Always bought the highest trim of any model. Big time FOMO. Absolutely hated blank panels covering switches for options. Or having the pedestrian motor. In my younger days, ego had a [big] role in it too.

Until our newest cars. Until Tesla. So I told/sold myself. We have a ‘17 S75 and X75D. I think the price differential and the fact there were near zero internal or external differences had a hand. The .2 second spread between the 100 75D and 75 of the S spec wise was meaningless. The mileage delta was also relatively minor but more importantly was not a ‘care point’ at the time. The P, for the first time ever was a model just not reachable price wise. Not even for reviving Mr. Ego.

But I was wrong. I pined for the Performance of the S and the 100’s range of the X.

With the advent of the LR and Performance, it wasn’t clear any more which was the more ‘premium’. Both finally aligned on the use case.

Then. Came. Plaid.

Well, cr&p. I can’t rationalize any decision that leads away from it. No matter how legit. For me now, today, personally and fiscally, no friggin way I’m not getting it.

That’s just me. And for $12k less than current sticker? No brainer. I’ll just sell a share now and then if the monthly stings the wallet a tad much. Also, my S probably sells higher by a third the remaining difference due to the crazy resale market.

Only the king of the hill is going to cut it this time.

Apologies if I overtly offended anyone. ‘Just sharing my rationalization.

Hoping my EDD slips a bit. It keeps creeping in.

Last edited:
👌 I’m one of ‘those guys’. Always bought the highest trim of any model. Big time FOMO. Absolutely hated blank panels covering switches for options. Or having the pedestrian motor. In my younger days, ego had a [big] role in it too.

Until our newest cars. Until Tesla. So I told/sold myself. We have a ‘17 S75 and X75D. I think the price differential and the fact there were near zero internal or external differences had a hand. The .2 second spread between the 100 75D and 75 of the S spec wise was meaningless. The mileage delta was also relatively minor but more importantly was not a ‘care point’ at the time. The P, for the first time ever was a model just not reachable price wise. Not even for reviving Mr. Ego.

But I was wrong. I pined for the Performance of the S and the 100’s range of the X.

With the advent of the LR and Performance, it wasn’t clear any more which was the more ‘premium’. Both finally aligned on the use case.

Then. Came. Plaid.

Well, cr&p. I can’t rationalize any decision that leads away from it. No matter how legit. For me now, today, personally and fiscally, no friggin way I’m not getting it.

That’s just me. And for $12k less than current sticker? No brainer. I’ll just sell a share now and then if the monthly stings the wallet a tad much. Also, my S probably sells higher by a third the remaining difference due to the crazy resale market.

Only the king of the hill is going to cut it this time.

Apologies if I overtly offended anyone. ‘Just sharing my rationalization.

Hoping my EDD slips a bit. It keeps creeping in.
Not offensive at all. It sounds like you don't really know what you want most of the time, so you just buy whatever is the most expensive, and this gives you peace of mind.

I had a friend once who hated doing what everyone else was doing. He told me by avoiding the popular things, he gets to make his own choices. When I explained to him that the people who decide what is popular are actually making your choices for you, it blew his mind. Because he was incapable of figuring out what it is he liked, he let the choices of others guide what he chose to embrace.

FOMO is a lot like that. When you can't figure out for yourself what is best for you, you just make sure nobody else has anything that is superior to what you have. It compensates for not figuring out what is best for you, but man can that get expensive.