Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not offensive at all. It sounds like you don't really know what you want most of the time, so you just buy whatever is the most expensive, and this gives you peace of mind.

Wasn’t going to down vote you, but completely and respectfully disagree. Let’s leave it at that.

Last edited:
Mine moved too. It's now 20-30th. Window tightening indeed.
Same as mine, 9/20/21 - 9/30/21...and without a VIN. Guessing/hoping we both get VINs next week to all but ensure delivery by the end of the month (barring any s/w, firmware, or other delays while at local SC). You're in KY and I'm in South FL but basically the same SE region, so if they're just about done or in fact done with a decent production run of white ext/white interior MS Plaids, then our cars will likely be on the same train from CA to the SE US soon...we hope! 🙏 🤞:cool:

My detail shop finished up my car early so I finally picked it up and trailered it home in the rain today. It's already dirty and wet so no pictures yet but the car looks great inside and out. I did Xpel ultimate full frontend, a-pillars, rockers, mirrors and behind rear wheels. Ceramic pro coating on the entire car and wheels/calipers. Xpel Prime XR-Black window tint at 20% on sides and rear. The gloss black paint didn't come in to black out the emblems so I will have to bring it back for a day once that comes in. I'm glad to finally have the car at home in my garage and I'm excited to see what it can do but will have to wait one more day for the rain/storms to go away.

The car just finished updating to 2021.24.3... kinda wish it would have just downloaded the latest.

CONGRATS! kinda bums me out though, when i see Tesla delivering (finally) LongRanges with 19" wheels and I am still sitting on my thumbs waiting. My order was on their books before there was even a rumor of a Refresh. Ordered 11/23. Resv# 1142xxxx. At least i finally have an EDD (Oct 9 to 29). Only thing i can think is because i changed a couple items at various times (extr color first, and later chnged interior color). Was told my place in line wouldn't change, and my Recv # never changed.
Waiting for : MS-LR, white/white/ 19" / FSD. Wash DC region.
Might be the white interior.
The EDD doesnt match the delivery sequence and ordering date. It might all be part shortages
Good Luck. I’ll post when I get it

FYI: The wall connector (HPWC) is now 24' only - Wall Connector - 24 ft

It figures as I just had mine installed. Bought the 18' connector last year and it had been sitting in the box since then. I'm a procrastinator and part of me didn't believe I would ever get my car. My MS was delivered on Monday so installed this 18' wall connector on Tuesday. I ordered the 24' and will swap it out so eBay is going to have a used 18' version soon.
S*it. Me too. I've got it still unopened in box and no car. Why'd ya want to switch out the old one?? Is your old one a V2.0 or some such?? If so, won't it simply get an OTA upgrade?
Or is just for the longer cable? "Ya know, it's not about the length, it's how you'll use it!", she said. Ha, ha.

My detail shop finished up my car early so I finally picked it up and trailered it home in the rain today. It's already dirty and wet so no pictures yet but the car looks great inside and out. I did Xpel ultimate full frontend, a-pillars, rockers, mirrors and behind rear wheels. Ceramic pro coating on the entire car and wheels/calipers. Xpel Prime XR-Black window tint at 20% on sides and rear. The gloss black paint didn't come in to black out the emblems so I will have to bring it back for a day once that comes in. I'm glad to finally have the car at home in my garage and I'm excited to see what it can do but will have to wait one more day for the rain/storms to go away.

The car just finished updating to 2021.24.3... kinda wish it would have just downloaded the latest.
@xEvoLveDx Congrats. Sounds like a beaut! Pics, pls??
Rain? Wait, what's that? Send those rain storms out here to Callie (CA), we're literally burning up out here!

For those wondering about the sound system and hoping for more improvements, here ya go!

On this token,
I spent at least 2 hours with Rick Reus of Reus Audio. He demo'd Tesla tweeters vs his tweeters, he demoed his MZD demo car as well as a customers Non-Refresh Model S with his $4500 system.
A lot happened while I was there. Mostly not good, but I don't want to put that info on a public forum. If you'd like more info PM me.
Regarding his system vs the stock refresh system. TBH is sounded like a refresh car with a sub. nothing more. I, personally was very very unimpressed, and my visit really left a salty taste in my mouth.
Bottom line: I, personally do not feel their system is anywhere close to $5k (with tax) worth in upgrade. At. All. Not. Even. Close.

What this says about the refresh system: It's pretty f'n amazing. For reference, I've never had a car I did not upgrade the sound.
My previous MS had a full light harmonic upgrade with SQ sub, the it was a 3 vs the refresh 8.

Does anyone know where it says what types of checks they accept? I looked at the mvpa and only see about mailing a check. Not the type of check. Thanks.
They will take a check from your lender for the bulk of the amount and your personal check for a smaller amount at the time of delivery and after an inspection. Don’t negotiate it before — just do it at the time of delivery. At least that’s what I have done multiple times and I would dare them to make me walk.

Found out where Tesla had the idea for the 19" hubcaps. Saw this when I looked at our steam cleaner... To be fair to the Plaid, the cleaner only goes 2 ft in 2 seconds in deep clean mode.

0904211524.jpg

For those wondering about the sound system and hoping for more improvements, here ya go!

I believe at the June event or something since, he was adamant they’d keep improving the sound system for years through simple software updates. That the hardware is in place to handle all future improvements. So, this is a great sign and spectacular improvement!

I believe at the June event or something since, he was adamant they’d keep improving the sound system for years through simple software updates. That the hardware is in place to handle all future improvements. So, this is a great sign and spectacular improvement!
Apple Music + Spatial Audio/Atmos would be incredible, I'd also take FLAC support back.

They will take a check from your lender for the bulk of the amount and your personal check for a smaller amount at the time of delivery and after an inspection. Don’t negotiate it before — just do it at the time of delivery. At least that’s what I have done multiple times and I would dare them to make me walk.
That is right. In Tennessee (and I assume states that are like it, and not like Texas, which may have different issues due to the TX law on non traditional automaker/dealers), Tesla will take a personal check for the full price you still owe them for the car, no cashiers or bank check required. They take the check you give them, image it and basically convert it into an ACH transfer (which is what you would be doing if you used the app to pay at the closing). I've not used financing, so I don't know what they want to get from a lender (if the lender wasn't Tesla). Maybe they want the lender to provide a particular type of payment?

Apple Music + Spatial Audio/Atmos would be incredible, I'd also take FLAC support back.
Absolutely. I’m not getting too excited about Apple anytime soon. No love lost between the companies it seems. It also seems to work with Apple, they have to be let under the covers, and some of these competing tech companies just aren’t going to do it. But yes, my whole music world is tied to Apple Music. Aside of my audiophile vinyl album collection! 🤣🤣🤣

S*it. Me too. I've got it still unopened in box and no car. Why'd ya want to switch out the old one?? Is your old one a V2.0 or some such?? If so, won't it simply get an OTA upgrade?
Or is just for the longer cable? "Ya know, it's not about the length, it's how you'll use it!", she said. Ha, ha.
It is all about the length for me. I park outside and with longer I won't need to pay as much attention to where I park. I'd even like a 100' cord and then I could park at the top of my driveway.