Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha. Admittedly I am a craft beer sn
I knew this was coming. Too many Type A personalities in this group. šŸ˜‚
I knew this was coming. Too many Type A personalities in this group. šŸ˜‚
Ha. Admittedly, I am a craft beer snob. Weā€™re lucky in S FL to have many local craft breweries in our area so my buddies and I like to enjoy them. Not into IPAā€™s but I like ales, strong ales, porters, stouts, farmhouse ales, ciders, Oktoberfest & other German/Austrian beers, etc.

Ha. Admittedly I am a craft beer sn

Ha. Admittedly, I am a craft beer snob. Weā€™re lucky in S FL to have many local craft breweries in our area so my buddies and I like to enjoy them. Not into IPAā€™s but I like ales, strong ales, porters, stouts, farmhouse ales, ciders, Oktoberfest & other German/Austrian beers, etc.
I don't drink, but I am an investor in two local micro breweries...because many people share your thoughts. šŸ˜Š

I disagreed with your post because it's incorrect. You can pay with a cashier's check. Be careful with your mass disagrees, even though I know I disagree a lot, it's because I actually disagree. I also like a lot. Mr Leo follower. Thanks and have a wonderful day.
I said ā€œor at least being difficult about itā€, which is true, good sir. I didnā€™t agree with 2 of your posts, so I chose to disagree. Donā€™t dish it if you canā€™t take it :cool:

Reactions: jebinc and impastu
Well I have 100 miles on my Plaid now and finally got to do some aggressive driving. The car is definitely faster than my 1100hp CTS-V and feels great. Right off the bat a modified hellcat came flying up on my rear and did an obnoxious 3 lane shift to come around me....it didn't turn out well for him lol. The way I left him was just magical. I love how the dashcam captures all angles of his humiliation.

I will say the brakes are nowhere nears as good as my Caddy in terms of initial bite and overall feel. It could be that I didn't get on the brakes hard enough but in general they feel kind of scary and not great when slowing down from high speeds. Next time out I'll try some more aggressive braking to see if they get better with a lot more pressure. Having said that, the brakes on the V are probably the best I've experienced in any car and have 6 piston brembo calipers up front and 4 piston in the back with giant 2 piece rotors. The performance brembo pads on the V are excellent but will coat the wheels in dust within 1 drive lol. Outside of the brakes, the Plaid seems superior and I can't wait to enjoy it more.

Couple of minor complaints/questions so far: I was using autopilot/cruise control and waited a bit too long to respond to the warning about putting pressure on the yoke so it disabled autopilot for the rest of that drive. Is there no way to set cruise control without autopilot? I really have to stop the car and start over to get cruise control back? Seems odd and annoying.

Playing around with the boombox feature, I was disappointed to learn that the audio plays via inside speakers as well and will stop whatever other source was currently playing. Is there no way to turn that part of boombox off? I only want it to play through outside speaker and not take over in cabin audio.
Sheā€™s gorgeous, thanks for the write up. Congrats man!

Yes. Both of them have it. I have sat in a LR and it has the mode. Calm down. Seems a little obsessive to be fact checking the owners manual. Even the MY is now coming with it standard. It is listed in the features for a MS. It's listed in the manual. It's in videos. It's not like ANC where it says may not be active at delivery.

Edit: and not sure why you care. Doesn't look like you have a MS Refresh on order. Your previous posts just look like someone trying to find errors and issues.
The owner manual is generic. Unless every version of the model has it, the manual has to be generic.

I do not believe every Model S has had the HEPA filter.

Unlikely. The Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle has been around since 1999, also does a 9 second quarter mile, top speed over 180MPH, and anyone can buy it. And itā€™s a lot more affordable (and therefore more easily attainable) at $18K than the Plaid. Also I would argue itā€™s a lot harder ride a powerful motorcycle than to drive the Plaid, so if any vehicle should be limited, it should be bikes like that.

Of course, the Plaid is still quicker.

Ah cool, thatā€™s good to know. I definitely agree with you, but it seems like any time thereā€™s a Tesla involved in an accident, itā€™s blown out of proportion compared to an ICE vehicle.

Ah cool, thatā€™s good to know. I definitely agree with you, but it seems like any time thereā€™s a Tesla involved in an accident, itā€™s blown out of proportion compared to an ICE vehicle.
O.M.G. Do not get me started on that please lol. Everything Tesla does or happens to a Tesla is the end of the world to the media! šŸ¤£

Update - car is still at the train yard and hasnā€™t moved sadly. Itā€™s only 30 mins away from the train yard as well šŸ˜¢

Antone know if Tesla does deliveries on Labor Day?
Update - Just called Tesla and they said my car has arrived at the SC! My delivery guy said if inspection goes well I should be able to take delivery tomorrow! šŸŽ‰

Unlikely. The Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle has been around since 1999, also does a 9 second quarter mile, top speed over 180MPH, and anyone can buy it. And itā€™s a lot more affordable (and therefore more easily attainable) at $18K than the Plaid. Also I would argue itā€™s a lot harder ride a powerful motorcycle than to drive the Plaid, so if any vehicle should be limited, it should be bikes like that.

Of course, the Plaid is still quicker.

Wow, I have been waiting for these reports. I had an RS7 and a Yamaha R1. Both took time to recalibrate how fast you were going. I remember when I first got the RS7 I was behind someone and was going to change to the left lane and pass. I punched it, shoulder checked, looked in front and saw what 50kph faster at highway speed looked like in 2 seconds. I did not rear end that car because the RS7 had very sticky tires and I changed lanes VERY quickly but 11.5 in the quarter is not at all the same at 9.23. If I did that in a plaid Iā€™d have been going 100kph faster than the guy in front of me and both cars would be trashed. You need to respect this kind of power. Iā€™m glad I got the RS7 before the bike. It was 9.9 in the quarter, shoulder check, then gasā€¦

I'm due to get the 2021 S LR late November. I'm just trying to figure out what 'it' is. It seems to be changing a little like jello during an earthquake. Take a picture of it now, cause in 0.1 seconds, it will be different.

Truth is hard to hash out from Tesla communications. They aren't forthcoming with their manuals (another Easter egg hunt). Their sales technique is all Q and A.

Wait. I'm the only obsessive person here? ;)
What changed?

Sorry, for those of us that admit weā€™re ā€œcraft beer snobs,ā€ I wouldā€™ve refrained from that posting unless it was actually a decent craft beer. Corona is like piss water. J/k. šŸ˜œ. Enjoy! šŸ»šŸšŸ˜Ž
to wit: