Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be most days, here in Seattle! 😂
So I was in Tucson for about 23 years. One year, we had to go to Seattle for training. I had never been there before. When we stepped off the plane, someone at the terminal told us to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Then someone at the rental car counter. Then the guy who gave us the car in the lot. Then the hotel staff, and then when we went for lunch, more people asked us how much we are enjoying the sun.

I figured we walked into some kind of freaking cult. It was creeping us out a lot. I finally asked what the heck is going on here. That's when it was explained to us the sun had not been visible for several weeks. Being from Tucson, where the sun is visible EVERY day, it was a weird experience, seeing people grateful for just a sunny day. :cool:

All tint is illegal? You can't below 35% here. No windshield tint below top 5 inches. I tinted the whole windshield with 70% and 35% everywhere else. Hoping to be left alone. We'll see.
Here no tint anywhere below 70% and nothing on the windshield. Every two years you have to get an inspection. The inspector has to roll the driver window down half way, and then take a photo from outside the vehicle. That photo has to be sent to the DMV with the inspection report.

So in two years, I'll have to pay to have all tint removed, get an inspection, and then replace the tint.

Here no tint anywhere below 70% and nothing on the windshield. Every two years you have to get an inspection. The inspector has to roll the driver window down half way, and then take a photo from outside the vehicle. That photo has to be sent to the DMV with the inspection report.

So in two years, I'll have to pay to have all tint removed, get an inspection, and then replace the tint.
I want to dislike this.

I got my car back from the SC today. They were supposed to fix 7 items. The steering wheel is still rubbing, but less, and they completely forgot to fix the rubber seal. I'm contemplating just living with it, vs. losing the car for a few more days.

99C23DBB-7A2A-4371-B87D-2AFE7F2262E1.jpeg

Your profile name is a play on 13th century Italians. You’re from RI. Just find a guy, duke him a double sawbuck, lower your windows, and get in and out on your inspection. Bada bing. ☺️

Last edited:
we need a little more info. Is the car locked, were are you charging?

I’m at home using one of my two HPWCs. Car is unlocked. I try to open the charge port using the open button on the HPWC. When I do so, the *other* Tesla’s charge port opens. I can open Bobby Love’s port by pressing charge port itself. Luckily, when the car is actually charging and press the button the charge port releases the cable connector.

So basically, every two years BOHICA?

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The inspector has to roll the driver window down half way, and then take a photo from outside the vehicle. That photo has to be sent to the DMV with the inspection report.

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Just give them the feed to your in car nanny camera and have someone watch you all year long.