Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local shop just uses XPEL Prime XR Plus so I had to go with that.
Same here, though I had a choice of 3M Ceramic IR but it would apparently look more brown. Very happy with the outcome:

D308E4C0-CEFD-4261-97F2-B31E13F1B996.jpeg

CAE48310-88B5-4334-8E41-3665B42E5F7F.jpeg

Tesla Account Update: Although still no VIN yet....BUT, my account did just update this morning by tightening Est Delivery Date to Sept 29-30th. Assuming now that I get a VIN in the next few days and will likely take delivery right at the EOQ on either 9/29/21 or 9/30/21. Hopefully, no major issues with the car like it was "rushed" into production for EOQ deliveries...I have a feeling it will be fine since technically they've had almost 9 months to put it all together, lol! 🙏 😜 Going to be refreshing my Tesla account page like 20k x per day now. Great. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tesla Account Update: Although still no VIN yet....BUT, my account did just update this morning by tightening Est Delivery Date to Sept 29-30th. Assuming now that I get a VIN in the next few days and will likely take delivery right at the EOQ on either 9/29/21 or 9/30/21. Hopefully, no major issues with the car like it was "rushed" into production for EOQ deliveries...I have a feeling it will be fine since it's possible they've had almost 9 months to put it all together, lol! 🙏 😜 :rolleyes:
Looks very promising very happy for you.
Lets go!!!!

Recent change to my EDD

Blank since mid may
August 10: September 19-30
August 13: September 17-30
August 17 : September 15-30
September 11: September 22-30

As you can see it's been close to a month with no change. Yesterday I messaged my SA that maybe it might be a good idea to renew my loan since it hasn't been touched since March 3rd and my EDD is coming up. They did tell me it expired and said they will renew it right away. And today there was a date change, so im not sure if that had anything to do with it. The estimated delivery window is down to 9 days so I'm taking that as a very good sign.

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD 9/22-9/30 Denver, CO

Looks great. What did the wrap cost? I’ve got a quote for matte black $4500
Thanks for the compliment!

It sounds like you’re in an area with relatively lower cost of labor, so $4500 sounds like a good price.

Over here in the San Francisco Bay Area, the cost of labor is insanely high, so after shopping around for a while the best price I could get was $6,700 including tint on all side windows and the windshield. I had other quotes that were close to $10k - nuts.

All—sorry I’m new to the board so apologies if I’m doing this incorrectly or in the wrong place.

I placed a LR order in May. Delivery date jumps around quite a bit—first October, then December, then December-Jan. Though frustrating that’s somewhat expected.

Thing is, I’ve literally never heard from a service advisor. When I placed the order, they placed a call/text to a family member) long story but essentially I took a family members M3 reservation several years ago and Tesla has never been able to sort out our contact info). I’ve called my local store, chatted online (which appears to no longer be an option), and the 800 number. Each time they say someone will reach out. They never do. The last two days I’ve waited on hold for 45 minutes to an hour to inquire and finally given up.

I was considering making some changes to my order—nothing huge, just exterior color, but want to make sure it won’t drastically impact delivery. Does anyone have any suggestions? This process is incredibly frustrating and making me consider looking at a different vehicle.

All—sorry I’m new to the board so apologies if I’m doing this incorrectly or in the wrong place.

I placed a LR order in May. Delivery date jumps around quite a bit—first October, then December, then December-Jan. Though frustrating that’s somewhat expected.

Thing is, I’ve literally never heard from a service advisor. When I placed the order, they placed a call/text to a family member) long story but essentially I took a family members M3 reservation several years ago and Tesla has never been able to sort out our contact info). I’ve called my local store, chatted online (which appears to no longer be an option), and the 800 number. Each time they say someone will reach out. They never do. The last two days I’ve waited on hold for 45 minutes to an hour to inquire and finally given up.

I was considering making some changes to my order—nothing huge, just exterior color, but want to make sure it won’t drastically impact delivery. Does anyone have any suggestions? This process is incredibly frustrating and making me consider looking at a different vehicle.

Obviously these things are difficult to predict, but based on what I've been reading myself from people's experience and from what other's SA have been saying, it shouldn't DRASTICALLY impact delivery date.

BUT, you will definitely pay the extra 10k price increase that occurred in July and August. So unless you absolutely can't stand your current color choice, it's probably best to keep your current setup.