Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great new video from Savage Garage, featuring DragTimes! Interesting tidbit: Brooks said that when they ran the Nevera, they data logged the car, and found it was making 1,080 hp (likely at the battery, which equates to 1,020 at the motor shafts), but also discovered that the motors as they sit are capable of 1,500 hp. I don't know about you guys, but I know people waiting for the 4680 MS, or Roadster are going to LOVE THIS! Tagging @Bill Price, and @TorqueMonster.

Long time lurker. Relate with so many the last 3000 pages. I couldn’t wait for early 1147 April order of White white, cf 19 so settled for cream interior and took delivery few weeks ago. I actually really like the cream, and I can say the wait was worth it.

Sifted through a few hundred pages to look for a conversation about adding bass to the somewhat disappointing sound system in the plaid. Looking into some underseat bass or something in the trunk. The dilemma is that I don’t want underseat bass that will perform as well as stock bass, and I also didn’t want to sacrifice cargo space as well as the extra weight that will affect performance. Any suggestions?

Long time lurker. Relate with so many the last 3000 pages. I couldn’t wait for early 1147 April order of White white, cf 19 so settled for cream interior and took delivery few weeks ago. I actually really like the cream, and I can say the wait was worth it.

Sifted through a few hundred pages to look for a conversation about adding bass to the somewhat disappointing sound system in the plaid. Looking into some underseat bass or something in the trunk. The dilemma is that I don’t want underseat bass that will perform as well as stock bass, and I also didn’t want to sacrifice cargo space as well as the extra weight that will affect performance. Any suggestions?
@ZarThustrA Yes, if you are not on 2021.32.5, the bass will come with that update. As will a sub slider.

I got my car back from the SC today. They were supposed to fix 7 items. The steering wheel is still rubbing, but less, and they completely forgot to fix the rubber seal. I'm contemplating just living with it, vs. losing the car for a few more days.

View attachment 707736
just wait until other issues materialize and add it to the list for next round.

This is literally too much government. Who would vote to support that?
33333940.jpg

I went ahead and caved and placed an order for one of the inventory Model S Plaid, Red Paint, Black interior, CF trim, Arachnid wheels, no FSD. Should be here next week. VIN 5YJSA1E62MF438XXX. Will be my 3rd Model S with the same exact (or equivalent) configuration. Very excited.

Very impressed with the quote Tesla insurance gave, but will still shop around. For two drivers with 13 years each of driving experience, $190 a month. $1154 every 6 months, $2,308 a year.

Stupid in-bed-with-legacy-auto-dealer laws make Tesla do this. Where this is a will, there is a way. Absolutely do not wanna offend anyone, but IMHO this is one of the most bad*ss moves Tesla has done with regards to these laws. I love to be positive to everyone, and love EVs in general, but when they play dirty, it's a different story lol. Sticking it to the people trying to keep them down. God I love this company! :)

For all of you IOS Users i can highly recommend this app it will guide you with the inspection process during delivery. It comes with checklist and you can upload pictures etc.

You are welcome

Only problem is when we used a similar app (maybe it was this one) to pick up my buddies MY, they would not accept the output. We had to redo everything using the 'Service' request within the Tesla app and upload the pictures there.

When it's my turn to pick up my Plaid, I'll just split my iPad screen with the modified checklist on one side and the Tesla app on the other. Then go through each category and itemize the issues. Will use my phone to take the pictures (I always thought it so dorky to use an iPad as a camera :) ) and upload them through the cloud. This way itt's all in the Tesla ecosystem and I can schedule the date to have all things fixed.

[Edit] Well, so much for that. Just tried it to be sure. Unfortunately, the Tesla app does not support split screen. Ugh.