Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. Also, he does not seem to know much about calculating battery size. It's not as simple as multiplying this times that, and you're done.

But it is OK if you do the same to compare both. The result is that it shows that Lucid has a battery that is about 25% larger than the Model S. (Assuming similar charging losses.)

This makes sense for the Lucid. The MS LR gets 405 mile range with EPA 120/124/115 ratings and we think a ~100kwh battery. Lucid is rated (for the Dream Range with 19" wheels) at 125/126/125 and 520 miles. Must have a bigger battery since its almost the same in terms of efficiency.
Nope. He just went and multiplied the range times efficiency. You can't do that. This is (according to @BPeter) power pulled from the wall, not the battery size. I must admit that I'm annoyed with wholemars here. I'm a MASSIVE Tesla fan and bull myself, but don't go crapping on or trying to pick apart other cars. That's the kind of attitude that results in no innovation. Competition (even if in headlines) benefits everyone, especially Tesla, as they are so competitive.
But it is OK if you do the same to compare both. The result is that Lucid has a battery that is about 25% larger than the Model S.
So would this be 125 KWH installed and 113 KWH net?

Reactions: impastu
Nope. He just went and multiplied the range times efficiency. You can't do that. This is (according to @BPeter) power pulled from the wall, not the battery size. I must admit that I'm annoyed with wholemars here. I'm a MASSIVE Tesla fan and bull myself, but don't go crapping on or trying to pick apart other cars. That's the kind of attitude that results in no innovation.

So would this be 125 KWH installed and 113 KWH net?
Lucid should have provided the Data now people are guessing they should have said 520 range but with x battery. There is no way they achieve this with the advertised 113 pack simple as that.

Lucid should have provided the Data now people are guessing they should have said 520 range but with x battery. There is no way they achieve this with the advertised 113 pack simple as that.
So most likely a 125 KWH pack then. Not too bad of an increase. 140KWH would be abysmal for the efficiency they are trying to achieve.
Assuming ~10% charging losses, it would mean that the Model S battery is ~100kWh and the Lucid Air battery is ~125kWh.
OK gotcha! That sounds about right!

So Lucid is a little more efficient than the Model S, but it is smaller, so it should be.
Exactly! I'm actually semi-impressed by Tesla here, as I thought Lucid would be miles ahead of Tesla in this, but in reality, both are close. That is actually pretty amazing for both sides. From Lucid, hats off to them for achieving this, as this is what drives the industry forwards. From Tesla's side, they are poised to overtake possibly even before the 4680s arrive, and for sure after, and Tesla looks way better in this case than I thought they would.

Exactly! I'm actually semi-impressed here by Tesla here, as I thought Lucid would be miles ahead of Tesla in this, but in reality, both are close. That is actually pretty amazing for both sides. From Lucid, hats off to them for achieving this, as this is what drives the industry forwards. From Tesla's side, they are poised to overtake possibly even before the 4680s arrive, and for sure after, and Tesla looks way better in this case than I thought they would.
biggest problem i have is they are not saying whats up. Claiming all of those awsome things is one thing but then hiding the battery capacity is another.

Change of topic where is my car?

Assuming ~10% charging losses, it would mean that the Model S battery is ~100kWh and the Lucid Air battery is ~125kWh.

So Lucid is a little more efficient than the Model S, but it is smaller, so it should be.
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 3.12.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 3.13.38 PM.png

Here is EPA efficiency for both vehicles in case anyone is curious

biggest problem i have is they are not saying whats up. Claiming all of those awsome things is one thing but then hiding the battery capacity is another.

Change of topic where is my car?
They aren't hiding it per se I don't think. I actually emailed them to ask them about the final drive ratio and that, along with other things, are simply not available yet. Hopefully they make it public soon though, to avoid mass speculation.

The last thing Tesla wants at the EOQ are cars sitting at their delivery center that can't be delivered by EOQ because the original order holders won't or couldn't take delivery by the EOQ. They would rather move to the next person in line to get the cars delivered by EOQ so they want the next people in line to be ready to actually buy and take delivery of the cars by the EOQ.
For all those who doubt that an EOQ push is going to be "Hardcore". Also, they do try to get lots of their CA deliveries done by bunching them all up at EOQ. Proof, you ask???
Get this email I got from TOSV. I don't even yet own my MS LR so, I'll be passing on helping TSLA out! Plus, volunteer?? Ha. FIRST, get me my stinkin car, Elon! 🙃
Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley has been invited by Tesla to help with the end-of-quarter delivery push at the new Colma delivery center. Tesla is asking us to help educate new/future owners about their cars, share our experience, and answer their questions.
Help is needed during September 24 – 26 and 29 – 30, especially during the peak times between 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Tesla Delivery Center

1500 Collins Ave.
Colma, CA
This is a great opportunity to help new owners and demonstrate the power of the Tesla community. If you are interested in volunteering, please sign-up now. Slots are limited. Tesla is only asking for 2-3 members per time slot max. (See the Google spreadsheet.) Also, please refer to the guidelines on the next tab for what to do and not do.

POWER CURVE BABEH! (Also weight) Lucid: 2.5 0-60, 9.9 at 144 mph 1/4 mile, 168 mph top speed vs. Plaid: 1.99 0-60, 9.23 at 152+ mph 1/4 mile, 200 mph top speed.
200mph top speed? Not quite yet; let’s work with and compare what’s real right now, shall we? 😉. Would like to actually hear about and see the s/w update to unlock the top speed and other improvements on the MS Plaid. Knowing Tesla now, I wouldn’t put it past them to cancel that s/w update. I need proof!

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
200mph top speed? Not quite yet; let’s work with and compare what’s real right now, shall we? 😉. Would like to actually hear about and see the s/w update to unlock the top speed and other improvements on the MS Plaid. Knowing Tesla now, I wouldn’t put it past them to cancel that s/w update. I need proof!
Cancel? Absolutely not! They could push it off but they seem very determined to make it happen. They likely are testing it on the Autobahn right now while they're in Germany. Hopefully Elon's 3 weeks is real 3 weeks, and we see it soon.

Reactions: T-Racer
Hey all, I'm finally picking up my Blue MS this Saturday :)
I placed my Tesla order back in Jan, and have been without a car since then... little did I know of the roller coater long wait!! I'm excited now!

Can you all recommend me a 3rd party car cover that would fit the Model S (other than the $400 one that Tesla sells)? I don't have a covered garage, so definitely need a car cover.

If range and comfort were really cut down in a significant way, I would look more at the 19's. However, the 21's ride and handle excellent. Looks great - hands down - over the 19's. I am willing to give up those miles for the other benefits of the 21's. Now, where are the A/S for 21"?
I am torn by the back and forth between the 19" and the 21" wheels. It almost feels like Tesla should make the 21" an option that could be selected when ordering. That certainly would satisfy people and end the endless debate on this subject. ;)