Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Modding the GT-R was easy...so many options and as long as you go "full-bolt-on" with e85 without upgrading the turbos, then it's fairly rock-solid with aggressive custom tunes and mods for an additional ~ 150-200+ AWD HP / AWD TQ. But, but...the GT-R is a dinosaur now, and I 100% agree with you...once you go electric, there's no turning back and the only "mods" you can do are aesthetic. Saves all of us mod freaks from spending too much $$ and possible headaches. ;)
How much did those GTR mods cost for an additional 150+HP? Asking for the ‘Plaid is not worth the $40k upgrade over LR‘ crowd.

question...unless you are a real car enthusiast and speed junky (or aesthetic car junkie), I don't see why so many folks are getting the 21" wheels when you take a noticeable hit on range and comfort/ride...if stories on the ride comfort and battery hit are to be believed. It doesn't seem worth it for me (in my case).
The car has more than enough range, so I don’t care about the range reduction. Any perceived reduction in ride quality is significantry outweighed by how much better the car looks with 21” wheels. If ride comfort were king then no one would ever buy a Corvette, GTR or any other sports car and we’d all be driving mini-vans. It’s a trade-off which for me is a no brainer. 21” wheels every time. We have 22” wheels on my wife’s Model X for the same reasons.

For all those who doubt that an EOQ push is going to be "Hardcore". Also, they do try to get lots of their CA deliveries done by bunching them all up at EOQ. Proof, you ask???
Get this email I got from TOSV. I don't even yet own my MS LR so, I'll be passing on helping TSLA out! Plus, volunteer?? Ha. FIRST, get me my stinkin car, Elon! 🙃
Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley has been invited by Tesla to help with the end-of-quarter delivery push at the new Colma delivery center. Tesla is asking us to help educate new/future owners about their cars, share our experience, and answer their questions.
Help is needed during September 24 – 26 and 29 – 30, especially during the peak times between 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Tesla Delivery Center

1500 Collins Ave.
Colma, CA
This is a great opportunity to help new owners and demonstrate the power of the Tesla community. If you are interested in volunteering, please sign-up now. Slots are limited. Tesla is only asking for 2-3 members per time slot max. (See the Google spreadsheet.) Also, please refer to the guidelines on the next tab for what to do and not do.
LOL, I can't believe they are doing this. All hands on deck especially free ones. If community members come out that would be great especially for Tesla newbies like me. They can help me inspect my car and identify all the things that need to be fixed. :p

Well car is holding steady at 09/26 to 09/30 but still no VIN so it's not looking good. I do know deliveries in Canada are starting this week so I have hope. I'm also away on vacation for the first two weeks of October so knowing my luck it will come then lol

Also, I finally pulled the trigger on financing now too; the rates are too low to pay cash. I managed a (Canada) Scotia Bank 2.35%/72 with 50k down which I am pretty happy with. Now I just need the car in the next 30 days or I have to get a new rate :(

The consistence of information by Tesla SA's, SC Mgrs, RMs, etc. is non-existent. So strange how your SA can say stuff like that when my local Tesla SC MGR and FL RM (I've bypassed the SAs...they all suck here) have said OVER AND OVER AGAIN that they simply cannot get any more information like what you just mentioned...these guys here in FL claim they have NO CLUE as to when "production" for my RN build configuration is scheduled for and all they claim to know is that I should have my car delivered sometime "mid September - mid October" and every time I alert them of changes in my Tesla account (was Est Delivery: 9/20-9/30 for several weeks, then changed to 9/29-9/30 and now it changed yesterday to BLANK with no Est Delivery dates), all I hear are crickets from these guys or the standard line of "we don't have any more information than what it shows in your Tesla account."

Sorry, but TESLA just sucks in terms of their ordering/production/delivery process and how they screw with customers and our emotions...getting our hopes up, only to let us down suddenly with no explanation. 🤬 After 10 years of producing cars, they still can't get this right?!?! They could so many more repeat customers only if they simply take steps for better customer service and communication!
1631829374968.gif

At $200 a month to get the FSD subscription, you would have to keep the car for over 4 years before the $10k purchase up front becomes advantageous.

With all the talk here about how to properly leverage your money, and how so many of you won't even keep a vehicle for 5 years. Why is anybody paying $10k up front?
Wait, I thought we Refresh buyers would have the most current hardware, so we were only going to have to pay $100/mo for FSD to try it out. Right?
Thank you! Thats a great value then and likely breakeven sooner than later. Interesting no one brought this point up when there was pages of back and forth on value of FSD $10K a few weeks back... I was on the fence and planning to remove it but this alone likely is worth it as I plan to keep the car for a while.
UGH, now I have to redecide about FSD all over again! Plus, my SA (before he was presumably dead) told me to wait till they announce a price increase and then sign up for FSD during the grace period window to secure old price. Still an option?

If range and comfort were really cut down in a significant way, I would look more at the 19's. However, the 21's ride and handle excellent. Looks great - hands down - over the 19's. I am willing to give up those miles for the other benefits of the 21's. Now, where are the A/S for 21"?
I read these comments on the 19s vs 21s and think of it as food. Subjective. But after looking at some really good shots up close, I'm actually thinking the 21" wheels are better looking. Too late for me to change now as it'd cost about 15k to switch and probably put me in a April delivery, but sure am glad wheels are easy to get.

For all you knowledgeable men (and women) out there, engineers or not, I have a couple of questions. One, when I punch my Plaid it appears that it or me are raising off the ground. Is it the G-force sensation transferring to the brain or is the car actually lifting a bit. And number two is why are batteries more efficient when they are warmed up? Thanks

whoa! my Plaid delivery date just jumped up a month, from "November 17th - December 7th" to "October 18th to November 7th"

Untitled.png

I was a first-few-minutes battery day order, September 20th 2020, but unfortunately i ordered white interior / 19" wheels / carbon fiber interior.

Initially told July 2020, then blank, then bumped to February 2021, then the above mentioned November/December date. Being bumped back up to October is a nice surprise, if it holds.

I read these comments on the 19s vs 21s and think of it as food. Subjective. But after looking at some really good shots up close, I'm actually thinking the 21" wheels are better looking. Too late for me to change now as it'd cost about 15k to switch and probably put me in a April delivery, but sure am glad wheels are easy to get.
The 19" wheels cost $3100, so if you upgrade to 21" wheels, you are actually paying $7600. Better to keep the 19's and upgrade after you get the car.

For all you knowledgeable men (and women) out there, engineers or not, I have a couple of questions. One, when I punch my Plaid it appears that it or me are raising off the ground. Is it the G-force sensation transferring to the brain or is the car actually lifting a bit. And number two is why are batteries more efficient when they are warmed up? Thanks
For your first question, yes, it absolutely jumps up under acceleration. You can see this in many videos, as the car is so damn powerful, and its suspension soft enough, it almost wants to do wheelies.
For the second question, AFAIK, batteries are more efficient when they're hotter because there is less impedance and internal resistance in the battery, thus allowing the lithium ions to flow more easily. IIRC, a cold battery is like cold oil, where the oil(lithium ions) is more sluggish when cold, and more free flowing when warm.

whoa! my Plaid delivery date just jumped up a month, from "November 17th - December 7th" to "October 18th to November 7th"

View attachment 710284

I was a first-few-minutes battery day order, September 20th 2020, but unfortunately i ordered white interior / 19" wheels / carbon fiber interior.

Initially told July 2020, then blank, then bumped to February 2021, then the above mentioned November/December date. Being bumped back up to October is a nice surprise, if it holds.
A green one may have delivered quicker.

quick question -

My delivery appointment is this Saturday (day after tomorrow). I'm trying to purchase insurance for the car, however the insurance website is reporting that the VIN is incorrect/cannot-be-found.

"Our search of manufacturer information found no vehicle matches for the VIN you entered. Verify and reenter the VIN, if incorrect. "

Lack of insurance is holding up MVPA and by extension my financing!
I'm on call wait with Tesla for over an hour now...

Any idea how to resolve this? Is this a common scenario that the VIN is invalid/not-in-records prior to the sale of the car? How are we supposed to purchase insurance then?