Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For your first question, yes, it absolutely jumps up under acceleration. You can see this in many videos, as the car is so damn powerful, and its suspension soft enough, it almost wants to do wheelies.
For the second question, AFAIK, batteries are more efficient when they're hotter because there is less impedance and internal resistance in the battery, thus allowing the lithium ions to flow more easily. IIRC, a cold battery is like cold oil, where the oil(lithium ions) is more sluggish when cold, and more free flowing when warm.
Thank you Mr. Non-Bot and Occasionally Realistic. Do you think because there are two engines in the rear that more power is delivered there and therefore the front raises. I would think Tesla would have that situation remedied.

Was considering 20” wheels that are AS but have had no luck finding them. Anyone find any?
Been looking at these. A version for plaid coming soon. Never dealt with this company before.

Reactions: impastu
Thank you Mr. Non-Bot and Occasionally Realistic. Do you think because there are two engines in the rear that more power is delivered there and therefore the front raises. I would think Tesla would have that situation remedied.
It's not that big of a deal IMO. A lot of cars raise up like that under power. And yes, all 3 motors are identical, so currently making 340 hp each, making 680 hp in the rear axle, and 340 up front.

Been looking at these. A version for plaid coming soon. Never dealt with this company before.

I got the Model Y 18s from Martian and they were great. I'm waiting for them to release the 2021 refresh S version, which should be soon!

Off-topic but does anyone have advice on tying down large items, like a large Desktop Computer, in the trunk of the car? I don't see any tie down points so I'm unsure what to do. Taking my expensive gaming PC on a road trip from IL to CA so it can't move o_O
Something like this or just household items

You are right. A WOPPING $1,257 more vs the $10,000 paid if you were selling a 2019 with 25,000 miles. If you had paid $200 a month for a year, $2400, vs $10,000 up front to get a $1,257 on a $10,000 investment....NOPE I'll stick with the subscription this time around.

View attachment 710080View attachment 710081
Agree whole heartedly. After paying almost 25k for FSD for the last 3 Teslas I owned and then selling them without any gain makes me question wanting to spend 10k this time. No, thank you. Release the FSD to more than a 1000 people in California and then may be I'll think about giving you my money this time.

You are right. A WOPPING $1,257 more vs the $10,000 paid if you were selling a 2019 with 25,000 miles. If you had paid $200 a month for a year, $2400, vs $10,000 up front to get a $1,257 on a $10,000 investment....NOPE I'll stick with the subscription this time around.

View attachment 710080View attachment 710081
As opposed to a $0 return on the sub. Thanks for proving I’m actually correct.

Not mine. Sept dates keep moving. Mine still says Sept 16-30th, but now that it is the 16th my guess is tomorrow they will move it again since no VIN stilllll (already two Sept shifts).
You’ll get your VIN a day or two before you can take delivery in the Bay Area, not two weeks like the East coast.

In my headline right now

8BA8FF03-BBC2-4451-8D96-57B80F119135.jpeg

I just got a fedex notification for packet from Tesla Nevada. I am in Texas. Any idea what this might be? Made final payment and delivery is scheduled for next Friday?
Odd that you would be getting the registration package so soon, especially before delivery. But it is better than the flip side - which is sending to you late and you are owe late fees on top of taxes and registration. Tesla being proactive? Hell froze over?