Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0C9B2C61-7CB5-4BB5-ABB6-3F6981EC18ED.gif

What are the first three digits after MF? That will give an indication. Someone said they were tracking the VINs against birth dates and provided a spreadsheet. No clue where that spreadsheet is or who it was that was tracking it. You can also ask your SA or delivery center what the birth date of the car was.

PS and congrats! Enjoy.
In the existing Excel tracking sheet, I just added a "Production dates" tab with the information I collected here and there.

To those who have the car they can get the production date by asking their Tesla salesmen or with the Dyno Test function.

Gave you the details of my delivery day which really went off without a hitch. Now driven it a few hundred miles on a road trip, though the city streets in Atlanta so feel like I can review.

First, I have been looking at a Tesla for over five years. Not just because I hate gas stations but mainly I was intrigued by the autopilot feature. But many factors prevented me from buying. Lack of superchargers in the South and, quite frankly I did that think the interior of the car came close to a 80k car. Also, I really did say the car needs a refresh and once it did, I would look at. So this year it happens. And there is this yoke and Im like, WTH is that. I wait about two months and do the order figuring they will figure it out.

Then I find this forum which is the best and worst thing to happen to my wait time. I wait and I wait and where are the cars Elon and why no 19 inch wheels Elon and so on and so on. Meanwhile, I continue to read and learn what a panel gap is and then I find out my car has rock chips (seriously, had my black car for 6 years and never noticed the rock chips). I'm not a car guy and now I'm learning about PPF and on and on.

I thought, do I really need this car. And I did it. I clicked on the cancel button. Then luckily they asked to confirm. I said what the hell. I'll wait. And no, I'm not doing PPF and I'm sure the door on the left is 1/8 inches different than the right door, but to each his own.

Well, as my first thought showed I loved the car. And still do. It really is amazing. I was ready to trash the yoke. I mean why reinvent the wheel. And by damn it, I really like it. It is fun to use. Like everyone has said, the blinkers could use some work but not horrible. It is the only thing that would get a .2 deduction off the car.

I also got to test the speed out on this car. Oh my. I really can't imagine the plaid. I'm not a fast driver but my son is and we took turns driving and acceleration launching and even dusting a BMW M5 laughing the whole time. I also got to pass a truck on a two lane road. Wow. I doubt I will really do that much often but knowing I have this power is amazing.

Other thoughts:. Supercharging much faster than I thought. Love the suspension features. Autopilot is better than I thought. I mean it was smooth. Comfortable seats. Sound system is above average. UI is very intuitive. Phone app cool. The fob feels and looks like a cracker Jack box toy. Lots of space. Glass roof is great anyway. Will check in now and then, but for all those frustrated by the wait, you hear it again and again but it really is worth the wait. Hoping no issues pop up, but if they do, we'll fix em and move on.

View attachment 716066

Love the car. Here is the Midnight Fox
Team MSM!!!! 🔥

For grins and giggles, I "Refreshed" the interior of my new MYP to mirror that of my Plaid. In addition to adding custom refinished (Walnut) dash trim (did this myself), I added a yoke, to keep the driving experience consistent between the Plaid and MYP. I do like yoke and stalks much better then the Plaid's yoke and yoke buttons. Detailed review of the new Yoke can be found here:

@Phlier @WilliamG
I really thought you were yoking when you wrote about doing custom yokes (shout out to my wife - the original punny girl).
All kidding aside, thank you for posting your work. It really opens the door for the types of things that can be done with the refresh steering yokes.

I really thought you were yoking when you wrote about doing custom yokes (shout out to my wife - the original punny girl).
All kidding aside, thank you for posting your work. It really opens the door for the types of things that can be done with the refresh steering yokes.
Life guarantees - death, taxes and a @lolachampcar morning update. 😁

Picked mine up after hours in Scottsdale. It was basically dark when I got in. I'm not ocd about anything but fit and finish are quite good by my standards. No huge panel gaps that I could see. Paint looked fine there, and glanced over it once home and am happy. Car wasn't cleaned very well with some smudges and glue in spots. Front seats look nearly perfect, back are a bit wrinkled.

Msm/black/LR/19s. RN1152, Vin 444. The 125 mile drive to Tucson ate up about 36% of battery. I punched it a few times but didn't drive crazily (I tend to drive like an old person anyway). Unlike anything I've felt before, almost get light headed. Very quiet, the faintest whistle heard over 85 mph, but I drove without any music most of the trip. No rattles (as of now). Yoke is basically non issue for 99% of driving, I don't really mind buttons. Driving in dark I hit signal a few times feeling for scroll wheel on left since it was totally dark.

It still didn't calibrate cameras/autopilot on way home. Trickle charging now (got car about 1 month before I expected, won't have my 50 Amp 240 volt option for a few weeks). It updated tonight. Didn't mess with it much. A few crappy pics I took, no glamour shots yet.

Very fun car. 1st EV. Delivered with privacy shelf and all mats.

Area on dash around the "vents" looks a bit rough with a few small dents in plastic. Can't see it unless you are basically looking from a super low/close angle that nobody will see.

Attachments

• 20210929_213322.jpg
    20210929_213322.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210929_193824.jpg
    20210929_193824.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210929_190552.jpg
    20210929_190552.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210929_185350.jpg
    20210929_185350.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210929_185002.jpg
    20210929_185002.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210929_185025.jpg
    20210929_185025.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 57
Slipped again yesterday. Now 12/13-1/2. Pretty sure Tesla is trying to delay my order as long as possible given my order is a LR with 19 inch wheels, black interior, no FSD, and ordered before the 10K price increase. Curious if others are in the same boat.
You and I are in the same boat- although my order is in between price increases, so just $5k.

In the existing Excel tracking sheet, I just added a "Production dates" tab with the information I collected here and there.

To those who have the car they can get the production date by asking their Tesla salesmen or with the Dyno Test function.
Nice, I did not know it got added to the original tracking sheet! Thank you.

Picked mine up after hours in Scottsdale. It was basically dark when I got in. I'm not ocd about anything but fit and finish are quite good by my standards. No huge panel gaps that I could see. Paint looked fine there, and glanced over it once home and am happy. Car wasn't cleaned very well with some smudges and glue in spots. Front seats look nearly perfect, back are a bit wrinkled.

Msm/black/LR/19s. RN1152, Vin 444. The 125 mile drive to Tucson ate up about 36% of battery. I punched it a few times but didn't drive crazily (I tend to drive like an old person anyway). Unlike anything I've felt before, almost get light headed. Very quiet, the faintest whistle heard over 85 mph, but I drove without any music most of the trip. No rattles (as of now). Yoke is basically non issue for 99% of driving, I don't really mind buttons. Driving in dark I hit signal a few times feeling for scroll wheel on left since it was totally dark.

It still didn't calibrate cameras/autopilot on way home. Trickle charging now (got car about 1 month before I expected, won't have my 50 Amp 240 volt option for a few weeks). It updated tonight. Didn't mess with it much. A few crappy pics I took, no glamour shots yet.

Very fun car. 1st EV. Delivered with privacy shelf and all mats.

Area on dash around the "vents" looks a bit rough with a few small dents in plastic. Can't see it unless you are basically looking from a super low/close angle that nobody will see.
Have you checked to make sure the protective film near the vents has been removed? That might explain the “rough” look. Worth a shot to check!

Was hoping that once we got past EOQ, I'd be closing in on a more narrow date. After sitting at 10/5 to 10/25 for 3 weeks, this morning it pushed out to 10/27 to 11/16 which is the furthest it has pushed back since I ordered (and something other than blank).

By then, hope you get a 2022 build, and they run out of wrinkled seats by then and have improved ones in stock.

Keep the faith. I ordered pre $10k price increase too with 19" wheels, MS with black interior and no FSD on May 1 and just took delivery today (EOQ baby).
I guess I need to start my own Leo Hates Me club ... I ordered a LR pearl white, black interior, 19" wheels with FSD on 4-Feb and currently have a Nov 27-Dec 17 EDD while others are getting their cars...

I guess I need to start my own Leo Hates Me club ... I ordered a LR pearl white, black interior, 19" wheels with FSD on 4-Feb and currently have a Nov 27-Dec 17 EDD while others are getting their cars...

It would be a nice holiday present if the car was a 2022, the "others" can't say that..

Hey Everyone, this is my first post and I'm hoping you can provide some insight on my situation. I got my VIN number on 8/20, but after calling about 10 SAs over the last month, as of yesterday they say the car still hasn't shipped from Fremont. All have said they don't see any issue noted about the car, but they also can't explain why it hasn't moved to logistics yet. Any thoughts on why they haven't gotten my car on a train/truck to my location (Charlotte, NC) after over a month?
Probably your location. My S took a week to load from Freemont then sat in Richmond for 2wks before finally being transported to Raleigh on 9/25. The carrier stopped in Charlotte first. Those of us in NC are between the NE & SE so it seems like they wait til there are enough cars amongst our 2 locations to fill the carrier.

Cross-Post from LR Delivery thread.....

• nomz15 said:
    My delivery date just got pushed out too! Now sitting at October 25-Nov 14.
    RN 1149, white/black/19s - May order! At this point … who knows when I’ll actually get my car.
    Yup! Mine was standing steady at Oct 25-Nov 14 for almost a month plus, stopped by the SC yesterday and they had Nov 16 date, which I mentally thought to myself, "Damn.. That's outside the range so it is going to get postponed", and sure enough, just now, moved out a few weeks.. Wonder if it is MSM or Chicago area orders. April 10 Order... I am losing my faith and need to find a way to stop checking status 10 times a day..

This forum is very useful to keep my sanity and most importantly learning a lot about the car and what to lookout for at delivery and beyond.. Thanks y'all.....

So I ordered a black/creme/21" MSLR on 7/8. EDD was holding at Dec 15 - Jan 3 for the past 6 weeks. Yesterday I had
an unexpected call from Tesla in Scottsdale if I wanted to pick up the car "today" as they had a cancelation. OK sure!
Got my ducks in a row with my trade in and and some other stuff that was needed to make this happen, and BOOM
picked up the car in the dark about 6 hours later. What a nice surprise. Pickup was super easy. The dealership said
it's been nuts with it being EOQ and my pickup was the 79th car they delivered just yesterday!

Anyways, fit and finish seem good aside from some minor things (driver side handle tends to stick, some distortion in one
window and some gunky residue left over.). Car was NOT super clean or detailed either. But overall no complaints.

Getting in it for the first time I was surprised at how much lower you sit and how much reduced the driving angle is from
our MYP. Gonna take some getting used to. Like the Yoke.

But so far so good and it's Christmas in September!

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg