Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dont worry guys after we all take delivery they will refresh the lights probably thats my luck :)
Man, the same sh*t happens to me every single time. I took delivery of my 2020 Model S in Sep 2020 and two months later they announced the refresh. Now that I got Plaid, I'm sure the Plaid+ is gonna be announced in a couple of months especially considering Lucid is starting delivery of their 500+ mile car in a month 😒

Gave you the details of my delivery day which really went off without a hitch. Now driven it a few hundred miles on a road trip, though the city streets in Atlanta so feel like I can review.

First, I have been looking at a Tesla for over five years. Not just because I hate gas stations but mainly I was intrigued by the autopilot feature. But many factors prevented me from buying. Lack of superchargers in the South and, quite frankly I did that think the interior of the car came close to a 80k car. Also, I really did say the car needs a refresh and once it did, I would look at. So this year it happens. And there is this yoke and Im like, WTH is that. I wait about two months and do the order figuring they will figure it out.

Then I find this forum which is the best and worst thing to happen to my wait time. I wait and I wait and where are the cars Elon and why no 19 inch wheels Elon and so on and so on. Meanwhile, I continue to read and learn what a panel gap is and then I find out my car has rock chips (seriously, had my black car for 6 years and never noticed the rock chips). I'm not a car guy and now I'm learning about PPF and on and on.

I thought, do I really need this car. And I did it. I clicked on the cancel button. Then luckily they asked to confirm. I said what the hell. I'll wait. And no, I'm not doing PPF and I'm sure the door on the left is 1/8 inches different than the right door, but to each his own.

Well, as my first thought showed I loved the car. And still do. It really is amazing. I was ready to trash the yoke. I mean why reinvent the wheel. And by damn it, I really like it. It is fun to use. Like everyone has said, the blinkers could use some work but not horrible. It is the only thing that would get a .2 deduction off the car.

I also got to test the speed out on this car. Oh my. I really can't imagine the plaid. I'm not a fast driver but my son is and we took turns driving and acceleration launching and even dusting a BMW M5 laughing the whole time. I also got to pass a truck on a two lane road. Wow. I doubt I will really do that much often but knowing I have this power is amazing.

Other thoughts:. Supercharging much faster than I thought. Love the suspension features. Autopilot is better than I thought. I mean it was smooth. Comfortable seats. Sound system is above average. UI is very intuitive. Phone app cool. The fob feels and looks like a cracker Jack box toy. Lots of space. Glass roof is great anyway. Will check in now and then, but for all those frustrated by the wait, you hear it again and again but it really is worth the wait. Hoping no issues pop up, but if they do, we'll fix em and move on.

View attachment 716066

Love the car. Here is the Midnight Fox

Damn, that looks stunning. Very nice. One question, you stated that the "fob feels and looks like a cracker Jack box toy". That's a bit surprising. Did they change with the refresh? The ones prior to '21 for the S were very well built. They looked a bit silly to me but I never thought that they seemed cheap like Cracker Jack Box toys from the far distant past.

Gave you the details of my delivery day which really went off without a hitch. Now driven it a few hundred miles on a road trip, though the city streets in Atlanta so feel like I can review.

First, I have been looking at a Tesla for over five years. Not just because I hate gas stations but mainly I was intrigued by the autopilot feature. But many factors prevented me from buying. Lack of superchargers in the South and, quite frankly I did that think the interior of the car came close to a 80k car. Also, I really did say the car needs a refresh and once it did, I would look at. So this year it happens. And there is this yoke and Im like, WTH is that. I wait about two months and do the order figuring they will figure it out.

Then I find this forum which is the best and worst thing to happen to my wait time. I wait and I wait and where are the cars Elon and why no 19 inch wheels Elon and so on and so on. Meanwhile, I continue to read and learn what a panel gap is and then I find out my car has rock chips (seriously, had my black car for 6 years and never noticed the rock chips). I'm not a car guy and now I'm learning about PPF and on and on.

I thought, do I really need this car. And I did it. I clicked on the cancel button. Then luckily they asked to confirm. I said what the hell. I'll wait. And no, I'm not doing PPF and I'm sure the door on the left is 1/8 inches different than the right door, but to each his own.

Well, as my first thought showed I loved the car. And still do. It really is amazing. I was ready to trash the yoke. I mean why reinvent the wheel. And by damn it, I really like it. It is fun to use. Like everyone has said, the blinkers could use some work but not horrible. It is the only thing that would get a .2 deduction off the car.

I also got to test the speed out on this car. Oh my. I really can't imagine the plaid. I'm not a fast driver but my son is and we took turns driving and acceleration launching and even dusting a BMW M5 laughing the whole time. I also got to pass a truck on a two lane road. Wow. I doubt I will really do that much often but knowing I have this power is amazing.

Other thoughts:. Supercharging much faster than I thought. Love the suspension features. Autopilot is better than I thought. I mean it was smooth. Comfortable seats. Sound system is above average. UI is very intuitive. Phone app cool. The fob feels and looks like a cracker Jack box toy. Lots of space. Glass roof is great anyway. Will check in now and then, but for all those frustrated by the wait, you hear it again and again but it really is worth the wait. Hoping no issues pop up, but if they do, we'll fix em and move on.

View attachment 716066

Midnight Fox indeed…..nice ears!

View attachment 716066

What a testament to Tesla and this forum and community. Thank you for your contribution. And that’s a hot fox.

Man, the same sh*t happens to me every single time. I took delivery of my 2020 Model S in Sep 2020 and two months later they announced the refresh. Now that I got Plaid, I'm sure the Plaid+ is gonna be announced in a couple of months especially considering Lucid is starting delivery of their 500+ mile car in a month 😒
Good thing you’re a glass half full kinds guy

Damn, that looks stunning. Very nice. One question, you stated that the "fob feels and looks like a cracker Jack box toy". That's a bit surprising. Did they change with the refresh? The ones prior to '21 for the S were very well built. They looked a bit silly to me but I never thought that they seemed cheap like Cracker Jack Box toys from the far distant past.

I think he meant it was a nice surprise, like when you open said box. At least that is the way I remember the toys from the 70's. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have a stupid delivery day question. Where in the app do you report issues you noticed during your delivery inspection? Do you do it by scheduling a service appointment?

I'm glad I had 2 hours to inspect it at delivery because I had bad luck and a bunch of work emergencies hit me and I've been stuck in front of the computer while my new Model S has been sitting in the garage. I had too short a drive home. Just taking a break to report my delivery day issues before my 24 hours is up.

I have a stupid delivery day question. Where in the app do you report issues you noticed during your delivery inspection? Do you do it by scheduling a service appointment?

I'm glad I had 2 hours to inspect it at delivery because I had bad luck and a bunch of work emergencies hit me and I've been stuck in front of the computer while my new Model S has been sitting in the garage. I had too short a drive home. Just taking a break to report my delivery day issues before my 24 hours is up.
Yes, take pictures of any issues you find and schedule service from the app and attach pictures

Slipped again yesterday. Now 12/13-1/2. Pretty sure Tesla is trying to delay my order as long as possible given my order is a LR with 19 inch wheels, black interior, no FSD, and ordered before the 10K price increase. Curious if others are in the same boat.
When did you order? My info is in my signature and I'm still sitting with a late Oct window.

Been away for a bit. I'm not going to try and play catch up with about 100 pages. I'll assume business a usual in this make shift support group.

As for me...

I hit a raccoon last week at 85 MP. It pretty much exploded under my front right tire. I had a LOT of blood to clean off. I felt the car jump up when I hit it. I hope I won't have any lingering suspension issues. The next morning I passed what appeared to be the back half of a raccoon where I happened. I'm guessing it felt nothing.

And then yesterday I went to a friend's business to show him my new car. I backed in behind another car. About 5 minutes later, that person backed up without looking and hit the rear bumper of my Tesla.

Then this morning I heard the bottom of the front end scrape as I left a driveway.

Suffice to say, I am having a very bad week.
Compared to the raccoon I’d say you are having a rather good week.

Last edited: