Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got to drive my buddy’s polestar 2 tonight. Great car. If Tesla didn’t exist I’d call it groundbraking, great to drive, etc. it’s nicer than the 3 but drives similarly to me. However, it is not a Tesla. It’s pale in many ways. It was competent and comfortable, but no personality. I didn’t like the gps aboce the wheel, etc. it didn’t do anything wrong,but didn’t wow me. 0-60 in 4.7 or so is quick, but not Tesla quick.
sigh, as much as I hate my wait and my edd’s changing like Charlie Brown and that football, well, I’m stuck waiting for my hypothetical car. I just don’t think the other automakers are as refined or caught up with Tesla.
i don’t want to be a Tesla fanboy..but I think I am. Drat! :(

I seriously figured they’d export them. But yeah, something has to be pretty serious. I’m they didn’t strip and repurpose them, or use as fleet vehicles or sokething. Maybe they are there to help the sand build up so they can plant crops.
Maybe they are trying to grow more Model S. But they need rain for that and they are in California. Rain and California typically are not in the same sentence.

WHOAH GUYS CHECK OUT THESE 1/2 MILE RACES!!! The Plaid pulls that modded Turbo S really well until it hits the wall that is that 163 mph limiter. 200 mph can't come soon enough! Another thing to note is the major grip difference between the 19" White Plaid vs. the 21" Red Plaid. The 19" steadily claws its way ahead of the Turbo S really well, but the 21" solidly walks away, and is launching hard enough to beat the Porsche that's traveling 16 mph higher than the Plaid at the end of the race. Sure there could be SOC differences and other factors, but this lines up perfectly with my theory, and shows for sure the difference between the 2 wheels on a non-dragstrip surface.

(DISCLAIMER: Not trying to put anyone's choices down, or belittle said choices. As I've stated in the past, the ZeroG wheels would be the ones for me. :))
I’m been patiently waiting for the 200 mph update because I’m so curious to see what it’ll do in a 1/2 mile. My last car I ran at one was a 991.2 Turbo S that went 174ish. I know the Plaid will stomp it, but I can’t stand to go and only do 163. I did get an opportunity to stretch the cars legs a few weeks back and it gets to max speed very quickly, obviously.
I can’t wait to what they do unrestricted.

I’m been patiently waiting for the 200 mph update because I’m so curious to see what it’ll do in a 1/2 mile. My last car I ran at one was a 991.2 Turbo S that went 174ish. I know the Plaid will stomp it, but I can’t stand to go and only do 163. I did get an opportunity to stretch the cars legs a few weeks back and it gets to max speed very quickly, obviously.
I can’t wait to what they do unrestricted.
Me neither! A really accurate site that I use all of the time is motormatchup.com, and they predict 187-188 mph in the 1/2 mile, and 0-186 mph in 14.18-14.26 seconds (depending on surface). As you can see, it will hit 200 mph well before the 1 mile mark. I hope to see this irl soon!

Last edited:
Me neither! A really accurate site that I use all of the time is motormatchup.com, and they predict 187-188 mph in the 1/2 mile, and 0-186 mph in 14.1-14.18 seconds (depending on surface). As you can see, it will hit 200 mph well before the 1 mile mark. I hope to see this irl soon!

That seems like very realistic expectation for sure. Which is just incredible really. That’s some very, very rare competition up in those numbers.

And then comes the Roadster….😲

That seems like very realistic expectation for sure. Which is just incredible really. That’s some very, very rare competition up in those numbers.

And then comes the Roadster….😲
Yup! This is almost exactly matching the 1+ million dollar 1224 hp 2 speed Rimac Concept_One's quoted 0-186 mph. And the Plaid has less power, more weight, and one speed. What does that tell you about the Plaid's power curve and efficiency?😁
Oh yeah especially since it has been delayed, it will be probably Nevera fast at the least. Elon's competitiveness is always awesome!

Has anyone had this happen to them before?! My new model S refresh completely went black and skidded to a halt mid-drive. Pretty scary actually, then after three days, the service center sent me this. New battery needed on a 2 month old car? Not feeling great. They did give me a model X performance thankfully in the meantime. Thoughts?
There was a user on reddit who had a similar issue (car died while driving). He really exaggerated the danger of it though, claimed he had to hold his foot on the brake for 2 hours waiting for a tow for some reason. He was on a slight incline, could have ridden it to the bottom and then released the brake.

Wow they're still there! IIRC, these cars have red calipers and silver tempest wheels. I'm sure that's not the only reason they're not delivering the, but interesting nonetheless.

They had to drive them from the train tracks to this lot, so I think they were functional at one point

Perhaps there are there just because Elon dictated thou shall not have red calipers or silver wheels...

My last window was 10/19-10/31. I just saw the VIN assignment tonight
Nice--my window starts six days after yours, but you've got a significantly earlier order date than me. I'm not going to hold my breath for a VIN anytime soon but the deliveries that have shown up haven't really indicated any discernible pattern so who knows.

In any case, here's hoping that your delivery sticks and that they put my car on the same train as yours...you basically gotta go through Pittsburgh to get from Fremont to Long Island after all!

They had to drive them from the train tracks to this lot, so I think they were functional at one point

Perhaps there are there just because Elon dictated thou shall not have red calipers or silver wheels...

That can't be the only reason. They're barely producing these cars, surely they'd find the time to swap the calipers and wheels if that would make them sellable. I believe some had missing trim pieces, too.

Could these possibly just be all the test mules returned and not disposed of yet? Seems like too many for that though.

That can't be the only reason. They're barely producing these cars, surely they'd find the time to swap the calipers and wheels if that would make them sellable. I believe some had missing trim pieces, too.

Could these possibly just be all the test mules returned and not disposed of yet? Seems like too many for that though.
I'm betting demo cars/mules. They've been there too long to be customer cars IMO. We're going on over 4 months now since they've been there, and 7 months since they were first spotted in the main lot.

With about 250 mi on my Plaid I embarked on a cross country road trip. It's PPF wrapped of course with pics of that up thread. So...I ran into a dust storm...It was pretty crazy. I'm most impressed with the tumbleweed avoidance. It was on autopilot and I had glanced down at the map so when I looked up I saw this giant tumbleweed in my path. I wasn't positive about the lane to my right so I grabbed the yoke and swerved left taking it out of AP. It fishtailed ever so slightly then righted itself. I don't take any credit, the car kept me straight. I was going about 75mph and in any other car I think I would have had a very bad day.

The debris at the beginning didn't do any damage I can see and the last part was me leaving the supercharger and watching all the dust blow by.

With about 250 mi on my Plaid I embarked on a cross country road trip. It's PPF wrapped of course with pics of that up thread. So...I ran into a dust storm...It was pretty crazy. I'm most impressed with the tumbleweed avoidance. It was on autopilot and I had glanced down at the map so when I looked up I saw this giant tumbleweed in my path. I wasn't positive about the lane to my right so I grabbed the yoke and swerved left taking it out of AP. It fishtailed ever so slightly then righted itself. I don't take any credit, the car kept me straight. I was going about 75mph and in any other car I think I would have had a very bad day.

The debris at the beginning didn't do any damage I can see and the last part was me leaving the supercharger and watching all the dust blow by.

What kind of fool takes a 150k car on a cross country road trip! These cars are made to be kept in showroom condition and not driven like a Honda Accord , Damm rich people!!:D:p;)

What kind of fool takes a 150k car on a cross country road trip! These cars are made to be kept in showroom condition and not driven like a Honda Accord , Damm rich people!!:D:p;)
Lol...well I could have taken my S75 but wanted some quality time with the Plaid. I buy cars to use, not baby for the next owner. Incidentally in showing the plaid to others during the trip I think I've just sold two people on plaid or LR...too bad the referral program is no more.

What's most obscure to me is the safety score. My plaid is currently sitting at 99. Yesterday I did 741 miles with a perfect 100 score (says 3.9% unsafe following though) it wasn't enough to average up to 100 for the beta. That score included everything in that dust storm.

Even crazier...I met somebody at the hotel I'm at that asked for a ride in the plaid. I obliged even thought I figured it would tank my score. So I took him to a seemingly low traffic road. At first I just punched it...the road was a bit curvy and somehow the car just went where I pointed it. He even asked me after how I kept it steady on that run and all I could say was the car did it. Then we did a plaid launch. The constant pull was enough for him to claim he's ordering one. And the crazy part...my safety score for the day went from 98 to 99 by doing launches.