Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I expect. You also have white and a lower RN number. I bet what is happening here is that they are prioritizing the white interior for plaid, so as more plaid orders come in they push off the long range reservation holders regardless of order date. That's what makes the most sense in my head of what they're doing.
I'm not entirely sure, as i think the plaid white seats are a bit different - I think different vent holes, and definitely the piping. I don't know how these things are shipped - as assembled seats/interiors, as bolts of "vegan leather" or as powder or soup that Tesla manufacturers on the spot (I doubt that one).
I DO know titanium dioxide is used in many if not almost all "white" things - so maybe there's a shortage of that?
wow - I absolutely didn't know this until I checked - maybe that's the problem? I was thinking along the lines of "hmm, tires caused the 19" delays, so what could cause white interior delays?" - i know, "lack of white!"
1633977398664.png

I'm not entirely sure, as i think the plaid white seats are a bit different - I think different vent holes, and definitely the piping. I don't know how these things are shipped - as assembled seats/interiors, as bolts of "vegan leather" or as powder or soup that Tesla manufacturers on the spot (I doubt that one).
I DO know titanium dioxide is used in many if not almost all "white" things - so maybe there's a shortage of that?
wow - I absolutely didn't know this until I checked - maybe that's the problem? I was thinking along the lines of "hmm, tires caused the 19" delays, so what could cause white interior delays?" - i know, "lack of white!"
View attachment 720268
The Plaid have contrast piping and perforations in the bolsters, where the LR do not. Tesla makes the seats in house, so they should be pulling from the same inventory of vegan leather for both.

View attachment 720268

I didn't mean seats, I think the trim pieces are the issue. Which is why all those tester cars had mixed match *sugar*.

Control freak. That's why you won't use AP. 😂
I tried AP today. It doesn't adapt as fast as I do to traffic patterns. It was frustrating, like watching someone else drive.

The only time it was useful was on a one lane country road. A slow old pickup truck pulled in front of me and proceeded to do 5 miles under the speed limit. Defeated, I turned on AP and just pouted.

Has anyone had this happen to them before?! My new model S refresh completely went black and skidded to a halt mid-drive. Pretty scary actually, then after three days, the service center sent me this. New battery needed on a 2 month old car? Not feeling great. They did give me a model X performance thankfully in the meantime. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 934F7AF9-E98E-4C94-80F7-A860BD0C613D.jpeg
    934F7AF9-E98E-4C94-80F7-A860BD0C613D.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 62
Has anyone had this happen to them before?! My new model S refresh completely went black and skidded to a halt mid-drive. Pretty scary actually, then after three days, the service center sent me this. New battery needed on a 2 month old car? Not feeling great. They did give me a model X performance thankfully in the meantime. Thoughts?
There is a group of about three or four people in one of the issue threads that have identified a likely entire pack replacement. Think one actually did and two others are going back and forth with Tesla.

Do not think in any of those scenarios they had their call come to a halt. It is more so shot range for them and using DynoTest to validate.

A coolant leak could have caused a HVIL fault, and that would have caused the car to shut down.

Your battery was probably just fine before the leak ruined it.

Water wipes. Go to the baby section in target.

Has anyone considered or installed ceramic coating for interiors?
I PPF’s and ceramic coated the outside fully, didn‘t know the inside was an option. Shame on my shop for not giving me that option. what is the benefit of ceramic coating particularly on material and glass?