Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well @uthatcher here you go. Just like Elon and pretty much all of us on this thread say: scaling production is really quite difficult:

LOL, this is exactly what I’m banking on. 😂

But in their IPO documents they did mention that they fully plan to service Amazon before ramping up for the general public. R1T and R1S are absolutely secondary to the delivery vehicle business and that they will continue at a trickle.

That said, I’m pretty sure that the original Roadster didn’t exactly scale up very quickly either. As in, it never scaled.

Rivian has its work cut out for it, no doubt. But I am going to grab a little stock at the at the IPO.

Ya. I got me a little taste of Lucid at 19ish......
Very nice..I’m in at around $22 on Lucid, but that’s good enough to see where it goes.

Oy, I bought Tesla at $19 way back when. Completely figured it was going to crash and burn and sold at like $80 or $100, I can’t even remember now. I think it’s because I chose to not remember at this point! 🤭

LOL, this is exactly what I’m banking on. 😂

But in their IPO documents they did mention that they fully plan to service Amazon before ramping up for the general public. R1T and R1S are absolutely secondary to the delivery vehicle business and that they will continue at a trickle.

That said, I’m pretty sure that the original Roadster didn’t exactly scale up very quickly either. As in, it never scaled.

Rivian has its work cut out for it, no doubt. But I am going to grab a little stock at the at the IPO.
Yeah it's almost scary how much power Amazon has over Rivian lol. Commercial EDVs will absolutely be prioritized, as they probably should be. I absolutely have faith that they will be able to scale well, and a slow production ramp with *hopefully* good QC is way better than a fast one with shoddy QC. One thing to point out though is that Tesla never had 40,000+ orders for the Roadster, and it was never this low of price. Rivian is trying to go at least medium volume right away, so they've got some work to do. :)

Oh believe me I'm grabbing some Rivian also when they IPO! Something interesting I was reading in their S-1 is their plans for "performance versions" of the quad motor powertrain, and the fact that the EDV is dual-motor-FWD! That's like 400 hp lol in a van.

Edit: So yeah assuming identical motor outputs for the front motors in the R1T as the EDV, that's 324kW, or 434 hp lmao!

Last edited:
Yeah it's almost scary how much power Amazon has over Rivian lol. Commercial EDVs will absolutely be prioritized, as they probably should be.
Oh believe me I'm grabbing some Rivian also when they IPO! Something interesting I was reading in their S-1 is their plans for "performance versions" of the quad motor powertrain, and the fact that the EDV is dual-motor-FWD! That's like 400 hp lol in a van.
Yeah, it’s awesome really! If they do well it’s just going to force Tesla and whoever else to do even better. Excellent for the consumer!

I do like the looks and some of the features of the Rivian for sure. I hope they do well and I can get one, drive it for awhile, and then grab a CT. I love these companies selling direct so that we don’t have to deal with dealer markups. And people not ahead of the curve want the vehicles badly when they actually see them, making resale value strong and my ridiculous passion for buying too many vehicles, and losing my butt doing so, at least somewhat mitigated.

Yeah, it’s awesome really! If they do well it’s just going to force Tesla and whoever else to do even better. Excellent for the consumer!

I do like the looks and some of the features of the Rivian for sure. I hope they do well and I can get one, drive it for awhile, and then grab a CT. I love these companies selling direct so that we don’t have to deal with dealer markups. And people not ahead of the curve want the vehicles badly when they actually see them, making resale value strong and my ridiculous passion for buying too many vehicles, and losing my butt doing so, at least somewhat mitigated.
Totally agree with the direct sales approach being better! I'm so happy that Lucid and Rivian are pursuing this method like Tesla.
Nothing against the Mach E itself, but there's nothing like waiting for 20+ weeks for your car to be delivered, and then getting the nasty surprise of a 20k markup:

Totally agree with the direct sales approach being better! I'm so happy that Lucid and Rivian are pursuing this method like Tesla.
Nothing against the Mach E itself, but there's nothing like waiting for 20+ weeks for your car to be delivered, and then getting the nasty surprise of a 20k markup:

Yeah, that’s nuts. I’d be fit to be tied for sure with that nonsense.

I did order a First Edition Bronco like a year and a half ago and they too went nuts in price of course. But my dealer stood by the deal and sold it to me for sticker. I was shocked there was zero funny business. Out here in La La Land dealers are always a nightmare. But Airport Marina Ford was stand up.

But direct sale is so nice. I drink a half a bottle of wine or so, debate whether to order an X Plaid or a Rivian (or both), and viola, order placed! What a wonderful thing! 😆

Yeah, that’s nuts. I’d be fit to be tied for sure with that nonsense.

I did order a First Edition Bronco like a year and a half ago and they too went nuts in price of course. But my dealer stood by the deal and sold it to me for sticker. I was shocked there was zero funny business. Out here in La La Land dealers are always a nightmare. But Airport Marina Ford was stand up.

But direct sale is so nice. I drink a half a bottle of wine or so, debate whether to order an X Plaid or a Rivian (or both), and viola, order placed! What a wonderful thing! 😆
Good to know that dealer was a good one. There's always some good in a sea of bad stuff ya know?
It's crazy but yeah now I think of buying cars, and when I hear people talking about haggling, it's so odd to me now lol! I'm like WTF, they still do that? The direct sales strategy instantly makes the traditional car buying experience seem antiquated.

Good to know that dealer was a good one. There's always some good in a sea of bad stuff ya know?
It's crazy but yeah now I think of buying cars, and when I hear people talking about haggling, it's so odd to me now lol! I'm like WTF, they still do that? The direct sales strategy instantly makes the traditional car buying experience seem antiquated.
Yeah for sure. Not to mention that, with my Plaid, I just came home one day and it was in my driveway. I know people like to inspect them and whatnot, and I’m not judging that process, but I’ll take convenience. And that was convenient. It gave me a minimum of 2 hours back of my life and I’ll take that over a crying about a panel gap any day.

Yeah for sure. Not to mention that, with my Plaid, I just came home one day and it was in my driveway. I know people like to inspect them and whatnot, and I’m not judging that process, but I’ll take convenience. And that was convenient. It gave me a minimum of 2 hours back of my life and I’ll take that over a crying about a panel gap any day.
Yeah for sure! I personally do like being walked through a new car, but it's nothing the manual and YT can't fix. If anything you can learn more yourself lol. I think Tesla could maybe improve on saying the car's there, but it's something I'm sure they will refine in the coming years.🙂

Yeah for sure! I personally do like being walked through a new car, but it's nothing the manual and YT can't fix. If anything you can learn more yourself lol. I think Tesla could maybe improve on saying the car's there, but it's something I'm sure they will refine in the coming years.🙂
Lol, yeah I had no idea it was delivered! I have a Y too so kept checking the app. But I live in the hills and have horrible reception so was left completely in the dark. Oh well, in the end I really don’t care, I was stoked it was there.

Lol, yeah I had no idea it was delivered! I have a Y too so kept checking the app. But I live in the hills and have horrible reception so was left completely in the dark. Oh well, in the end I really don’t care, I was stoked it was there.
Love that attitude! Tesla always delivers an excellent product, and so how it necessarily gets there is secondary to me.😀

Sorry, let me get back to complaining about how Tesla hates its customers, everyone with a different opinion than mine is an imbecile, and that FSD is the biggest scam of all time.

I’ll stop being so warm and fuzzy; back to our regularly scheduled forum debauchery!😁
FSD IS the biggest scam of all time, and beta (really pre-alpha) FSD is a total piece of crap! Yeah, I’ve had the beta for two weeks and turned the dangerous, component wearing, POS off over a week ago! Aggregating.

So, how’s that?

Good night, all!