Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I believe every Model S is being delivered without the cover. I received my MSLR last Saturday. I set up an appointment to fix the panel gaps. I noticed that the Model Ys did not have the panel gaps compared to the Model S. I will have the windows tinted, protected film and ceramic coating estimate is ~$4000 in Denver area.

After a week with my new car
1. Love my car. But it doesn’t excuse lack of communication.
2. No problems with the yoke. For me I use one finger to turn. With all the complaining about three point turns and u-turns. I found out that I don’t normally need to do them. But I did try both of them a couple of times with no problem because I use one finger. I can see others struggling if they keep their hands 10 and two.
3. The horn needs to be put back in the center. Honk the horn by accident. The one time that I needed it, I found it.
4. The turn signals are easy to use but using a very light touch to change lanes is hit and miss so far. Half the time it stays on. Easier with a stalk.
5. The delivery in Denver was vert quick. I had to program my fobs and phone myself. They programmed my wife’s phone a couple of years ago when she picked up her Model 3.
6. Having the user manual in the car has been very helpful. Made it very easy to set up my garage door opener.
7. No game playing from the back seat. Hoping to be able to connect wireless headphone some day. There are software upgrades for the ANC and waypoints but not available for me yet.
8. Love love love one foot speed control. In the past I was hard on brakes. Once or twice have I used my brakes, was going too fast. Love taking my foot off the accelerator and my car slows down.
9. I have enabled the auto shift out of park. Love that too. Shifting forward and back using the screen is very easy. The only difficulty would to put the car in neutral because you need to drill down on the main menu. I have only done that a couple of times in years and years of driving an ICE car. So I don’t need it.
10. YES, my Model S was worth the wait. But that doesn’t excuse Tesla’s lack of communication.

As for the awesome people who are waiting for their delivery. This is my opinion I don’t know *sugar*
1. If your EDD is more than two weeks spread, relax you are still in the waiting room.
2. If your EDD is within three weeks then gets pushed way out several months with a four week spread. Hang in their. This happen to me for two weeks and then I got pushed up back up.
3. If your EDD goes into a two week spread, then it is time to get excited. Continue to check your account. I never got an email stating that a VIN was assigned. I discovered my VIN on my account.
4. Once I got my VIN then I called Tesla to add my trade in back to my account. I removed it when they pushed my EDD to January / February. Two weeks I got pushed back up front. Once you get a VIN, Tesla‘s communication is a lot better.
5. I confirmed with Tesla that I could use a cashier’s check. Can do that in Colorado but I have no knowledge about any other location.
6. HANG IN THERE THE CAR IS WORTH THE WAIT.
Still waiting on my LR white/white model s with arachnid wheels.
Delivery Date December 02nd to 30th. your post made me smile. thank you :D

B6439660-DDB8-4175-8E50-966A0797673F.png

For your amusement:
I have had an MS LR on order since July. December 2-30 delivery range. No VIN assigned. Went to showroom to see about changing the color. Showroom guy nearly shouted: "DON"T DO THAT!!!. Apparently: 1) price would increase to current price, meaning with paint change an extra $6,500. 2) change would likely move my order to the back of the line., 3) which because production is focused on the more profitable Plaid might mean a full one year delay in delivery. Apparently, Plaid sales are doing very well, with delivery times as low as 2-3 months. Thus, MS LR's are apparently "line fillers" at this time.
Happy for Tesla. Less so for me!

For your amusement:
I have had an MS LR on order since July. December 2-30 delivery range. No VIN assigned. Went to showroom to see about changing the color. Showroom guy nearly shouted: "DON"T DO THAT!!!. Apparently: 1) price would increase to current price, meaning with paint change an extra $6,500. 2) change would likely move my order to the back of the line., 3) which because production is focused on the more profitable Plaid might mean a full one year delay in delivery. Apparently, Plaid sales are doing very well, with delivery times as low as 2-3 months. Thus, MS LR's are apparently "line fillers" at this time.
Plenty of us with Plaid orders that are taking much longer than 2-3mo though.

For your amusement:
I just ordered a second one when I realized I wanted a different color. Will play by ear as they become available. First one comes Thursday. When the next one comes next spring i could sell it for about the same or just keep this and cancel the next car.

I just ordered a second one when I realized I wanted a different color. Will play by ear as they become available. First one comes Thursday. When the next one comes next spring i could sell it for about the same or just keep this and cancel the next car.
Are you kidding me? You won't be wanting to cancel the next car as it will undoubtedly be a 2022 with 4680’s and 520 range, tilt screen, active aero, real leather with crocodile inserts, 10k cheaper, free FSD, lifetime supercharging that will transfer to the next owner, your choice of regular steering wheel or yoke and your choice of color with no upcharge.

For your amusement:
lol. where yah been? gotta be reading this thread ... it's a lot to keep up with but this has been discussed many times. except for "line fillers"... there's always been different tiers to the MS. Plaid is of course prioritized because it's crazy awesome, but the MSLR isn't a "line filler" it's just as profitable as the Plaid and has likely 3x as many orders.