Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has mentioned that they may use Q4 as a quarter to end the end-of-quarter rush by allowing some deliveries to bleed into Q1.
I think they did this in anticipation of the tax credit passing and having lots of people deciding to delay their deliveries until next year.
If the tax credit in BBB passes, I could see them doing this.
I would also add to this something interesting I've noticed: So at my local SC, after the EOQ Q2 push, it was around 6 weeks before any more movement was seen. It was a huge push, and then empty. Not so with this quarter. About 3 weeks after EOQ, here they are again! Starting up big time. Even the overflow lot is packed! This was not the case in Q3, as the overflow lot never filled even at EOQ. So my hypothesis is as Elon has stated in the past, they are attempting to end the EOQ push, but by not only letting deliveries blend over into Q1, but flattening out that curve of deliveries. Rather having this huge ramp at EOQ, it seems like they are going strong early, and just keeping steady deliveries going. I personally am so happy to see this, and I hope they can keep this up. :)

I would also add to this something interesting I've noticed: So at my local SC, after the EOQ Q2 push, it around 6 weeks before any more movement was seen. It was a huge push, and then empty. Not so with this quarter. About 3 weeks after EOQ, here they are again! Starting up big time. Even the overflow lot is packed! This was not the case in Q3, as the overflow lot never filled even at EOQ. So my hypothesis is as Elon has stated in the past, they are attempting to end the EOQ push, but by not only letting deliveries blend over into Q1, but flattening out that curve of deliveries. Rather having this huge ramp at EOQ, it seems like they are going strong early, and just keeping steady deliveries going. I personally am so happy to see this, and I hope they can keep this up. :)
I think they are exporting less cars from the US now that shanghai is producing so many cars. It looks like most European cars are now coming from there and will later switch to Berlin. USA factories are now only for North America.

I think they are exporting less cars from the US now that shanghai is producing so many cars. It looks like most European cars are now coming from there and will later switch to Berlin. USA factories are now only for North America.
Agreed! China will go crazy too when GigaBB goes online, as EU will have their own plant then. Will also be so epic when GigaTexas goes online!

Yep.

Yesterday we were still looking at delivery window of this Friday, through the next two weeks. Almost had our 2019 MS Perf ready for sale . . . but just found out that Tesla's EDD was full of BS yet again.

EDD now reads: Feb 02 to Mar 02, a THREE- to FOUR-month slip.

Really?

No explanation, no call, no text, just "SURPRISE" on a random scan of the app today. Wow.

This was an original order in December, 2020, which we switched from Plaid to LR in early 2021, IIRC.

How hard can this be? Why can't Tesla, suppliers, and truck drivers just get their sh*t together.

Call me "Frustrated."

p.s. I guess we'll have a NF VIN though so that's something . . . .

p.p.s. MS LR, MC Red over Ultra White, 19", NO FSD. (Our tenth MS!)

TEN MS and no love from Tesla?

There is no hope for folks like me. I should just add a year to my EDD and let it go.

I'd call you the ideal customer. I am sure Porsche or MB would agree, but then you would be driving one of those cars and being left behind at lights by a MYP...

Last edited:
The order page says 200mph top speed need proper wheels and tires available fall of 2021.

FOMO made me look.

I'm guessing they will be a $$$$ option.

Any ideas what the wheels might look like?
Yeah so funny story on that.... It may not need the wheels after all, as MT and other people have stated that it's a SW update that's needed; not new wheels. The tires on the Arachnids are "(Y)" rated, which means they are rated for the vehicle's top speed; which exceeds 186 mph. Now, the ZeroG Track Pack wheels showed up in the EPC briefly (the wheels furthest to the left of this pic), and these will likely do 200 too, but be more track focused:
(Thanks as always to @BPeter for finding this photo)

1623782861043 (1).png

The order page says 200mph top speed need proper wheels and tires available fall of 2021.

FOMO made me look.

I'm guessing they will be a $$$$ option.

Any ideas what the wheels might look like?

Yeah so funny story on that.... It may not need the wheels after all, as MT and other people have stated that it's a SW update that's needed; not new wheels. The tires on the Arachnids are "(Y)" rated, which means they are rated for the vehicle's top speed; which exceeds 186 mph. Now, the ZeroG Track Pack wheels showed up in the EPC briefly (the wheels furthest to the left of this pic), and these will likely do 200 too, but be more track focused:
(Thanks as always to @BPeter for finding this photo)

View attachment 733520
Similar to this example for the Track Package. ;)

1637044460503.jpeg

Yep.

Yesterday we were still looking at delivery window of this Friday, through the next two weeks. Almost had our 2019 MS Perf ready for sale . . . but just found out that Tesla's EDD was full of BS yet again.

EDD now reads: Feb 02 to Mar 02, a THREE- to FOUR-month slip.

Really?

No explanation, no call, no text, just "SURPRISE" on a random scan of the app today. Wow.

This was an original order in December, 2020, which we switched from Plaid to LR in early 2021, IIRC.

How hard can this be? Why can't Tesla, suppliers, and truck drivers just get their sh*t together.

Call me "Frustrated."

p.s. I guess we'll have a NF VIN though so that's something . . . .

p.p.s. MS LR, MC Red over Ultra White, 19", NO FSD. (Our tenth MS!)

Today I enter my window that’s through 12/12. No VIN. I’m expecting to check today at 9am, which is when I’ve discovered all my updates are done, and find it pushed back again.

If it’s pushed back until Feb/March though, I will lose my mind.

RN1150 Plaid Black/White/CF/19 no FSD.

Check out the latest Fremont Flyover video. A lot more Model S and X variants in the overflow lot compared to last week:

View attachment 733416View attachment 733417

Check out the full video here:
Interesting. Still plenty of cars going out. I don’t recall shipping containers before, not sure I’d that would be for train or international. A lot of cars in the overflow,maybe right had drive,or waiting for chips,or whatever. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! You found MY CAR!!! The white one right in the center.....

On a slightly more serious note - with the overflow lot now filled, does this mean that the recent breaking news of "firmware hold" is intensifying??!!
My speculation is no, I think they’d do what they can to ship cars out to have them closer to delivery when they can fix with software OTA or at SC. Maybe they’re waiting for chargers!
on a more serious note, that MY‘s are being shipped missing chargers tells me Tesla has begun to eat through their surplus electronics, whether chips or whatever.
i think they are a tough customer and arm wrestle(bully?) to get their components, and now the supply chain issues may have hit harder than their “PR” department will reveal.
other manufacturers are kinda hoarding their components and stripping out features, like no V8 engines or going to analog versus digital gauges to save on chips. Tesla had not. I wonder if they will continue to build around part shortages and release the cars when the parts come in, that may be why the overflow is filling up.
i also wonder if the 2022 MS will have some streamlining and hopefully NOT remove features.
i’d rather wait more months for a 100% equivalent of the refresh, than get sooner and lose 5% of “some thing”