Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the same message yesterday too. I'm really hoping they can get it out by Saturday. If not, I'm canceling my order. I need it for a road trip on the 21st and taking the 2021 model year and tax credit hit isn't worth it to me otherwise.
What "tax credit hit?"

In the BBB plan, the legislation appears to cap any tax credit at MSRP's under $80k, IIRC, and the $7,500 Federal Tax credit phased-out years ago.

Reactions: impastu
Yesterday morning mine went from Dec 6 --> Feb 6
Yep.

Yesterday we were still looking at delivery window of this Friday, through the next two weeks. Almost had our 2019 MS Perf ready for sale . . . but just found out that Tesla's EDD was full of BS yet again.

EDD now reads: Feb 02 to Mar 02, a THREE- to FOUR-month slip.

Really?

No explanation, no call, no text, just "SURPRISE" on a random scan of the app today. Wow.

This was an original order in December, 2020, which we switched from Plaid to LR in early 2021, IIRC.

How hard can this be? Why can't Tesla, suppliers, and truck drivers just get their sh*t together.

Call me "Frustrated."

p.s. I guess we'll have a NF VIN though so that's something . . . .

p.p.s. MS LR, MC Red over Ultra White, 19", NO FSD. (Our tenth MS!)

For anyone who hasn't been in a Plaid yet, here is a really cool video using binaural audio. If you aren't aware what this is, it's basically microphones in the YTer's ears that kind of record what he hears. The end result is extremely realistic sounds, and clearest idea of what the car sounds like (inverter whine, motor whine, etc..), and what it is like to drive without actually being in the car IRL, with regards to road noise, etc... (Obviously you're not in the car so it won't be dead on). Make sure to put in both earbuds/headphones etc.., and to turn the volume to like a medium setting.

Tesla must be getting ready for the annual year-end push for record sales. ;)
You’re right! It’s about that time of year. The 4th quarter is usually their biggest production month.
The last day of the quarter is a Friday, which is also New Years Eve! It will be interesting to see how this quarter plays out with respect to deliveries. A Model S would make for a great New Years weekend.

Last edited:
I've been (im)patiently waiting for my MSLR since ordering in the spring. Just got a request for $ from Tesla and a VIN MF4560 so it looks like things are getting pretty real. I assume that's a fairly new build. My EDD is still a window starting 10 days from now and extending past Thanksgiving.
Welcome. Yes, new build. The first 456 I have seen. Please list your:
Order date
RN#
config

I've been (im)patiently waiting for my MSLR since ordering in the spring. Just got a request for $ from Tesla and a VIN MF4560 so it looks like things are getting pretty real. I assume that's a fairly new build. My EDD is still a window starting 10 days from now and extending past Thanksgiving.
It’s our time! I just got my Vin MF455 this afternoon and EDD shrunk to a one week window 11/25-12/1 tonight! Can’t wait!

Tesla must be getting ready for the annual year-end push for record sales. ;)
Tesla has mentioned that they may use Q4 as a quarter to end the end-of-quarter rush by allowing some deliveries to bleed into Q1.
I think they did this in anticipation of the tax credit passing and having lots of people deciding to delay their deliveries until next year.
If the tax credit in BBB passes, I could see them doing this.

Sorry to be late reply, but the Paramus building was pretty much destroyed due to heavy rains collapsing the roof... unless they've fixed it since September, it'll probably be at Springfield I'd guess.
Yes. They set up some containers and I saw customers being served there. I am not sure where the delivery will take place, and as long as it's in NJ, NY, or PA I am fine. Hell, if they take me on a SpaceX flight, I would also take delivery on the moon.