Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EQS is a whole lot of nope
mercedes-eqs-amg-black-series-rendering.jpg

This artist knows the target audience for the EQS. Lots of Accord and Civic owners trading up for that spoiler. 🤣

Well, yes. Depending on the angle that I approach my driveway, it my car is in low height, it comes very close to scraping. So I marked my GPS location just before my driveway to set the car's suspension to high. So now, whenever I approach my driveway, the are automatically raises to the high position so it will never have the chance of scraping. Also, as an added bonus, it's easier to get into the car in the high position, and as I leave the house, the car automatically drops to the low position. Also, if you live in an area where you have snow, you may want to put your car into high position as well? In your particular case, you may not have to worry about that?
Does the car remain at the set height upon returning to the car the next day?

Does the car remain at the set height upon returning to the car the next day?
Yes, it will return to the saved height every time you approach that location. For instance, I have a 160' driveway, and the very end requires a height adjustment. Once it gets to the garage, it lowers back to an appropriate height. The next day when I back down the driveway, it notifies me it is raising the car again for the end of the driveway.

They didn't even lead lol. The EV1 was cool, but it was a barely 100 mile range lead acid battery California compliance car. EVs in 1910 had 80 mile ranges.
There was nothing about it that said "EVs are cool, and you should buy one!" That's where Tesla came in and revolutionized things.
Agreed. I think before Tesla we had the Honda Insight and Prius, both were competent but not exciting.

So, when you are in a snow area, like I am in would I keep on high anytime it snows? Sorry if dumb question, but new to Tesla and getting delivery on Sat.
Fwiw I raise my Benz when there’s a lot of snow, or build up in the driveway. I plan to program the gps to raise the height by my driveway, I’ll just likely forget the first time and scrape :(

Yes, it will return to the saved height every time you approach that location. For instance, I have a 160' driveway, and the very end requires a height adjustment. Once it gets to the garage, it lowers back to an appropriate height. The next day when I back down the driveway, it notifies me it is raising the car again for the end of the driveway.
Is there a way to have the car auto set to the highest height say in your garage and have it either stay at the height or auto raise when you next approach the car? I’m thinking it would be nice since it’s easier to get in and out of when higher.

Taking my first road trip in my Plaid in a couple hours! Not terribly far (down to Fairfax county VA), but all of my previous Ses couldn't make it in one shot, and I'd have to hit one of the many SCs on the way... this time I'm looking to see if I can get straight there with no stops (bladder willing!). Should be ~260mi and about 4 hours if I don't hit too much traffic. The person's house I'm going to has Teslas as well, so there should be charging there, so I can push it and arrive with only a few lonely electrons in the tank when I arrive too, so no concerns there. The only worry is if I need to pee! Wish me luck, haha.
Check out the new Lucid showroom in Tysons Corner mall while you are in town! Also, 250kw SC out in Ashburn if you need it

I am an avid hater of the last president, but I will definitely not be voting for this guy next time. Let's hope for some new choices.
The current president wont be running, Im sure of it. And his VP wont stand a chance.
I do MISS the last president, but not for the reasons most do. I thoroughly enjoyed the almost daily entertainment from the buffoonery especially how he dogged out his main main, Pence. ANd I still love how he talks trash about Mcconnell and other repubs who cant talk back to him, or fear losing the last presidents voter base. He has them by the BALLS. hahaha
I do hope whomever the next president is, is a car aficionado AND EV promoter.

Last edited:
The current president wont be running, Im sure of it. And his VP wont stand a chance.
I do MISS the last president, but not for the reasons most do. I thoroughly enjoyed the almost daily entertainment from the buffoonery.
I do hope whomever it is is a car aficionado AND EV promoter.

The USA is one of the few places where we get exactly the leadership we deserve.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Since I actually had a vin and a narrow delivery window, I sent an app to DCU to try to shoot for that 1.24%. Anyone have them reject and saying they can only loan less (75K max?). my income and credit score should not be a problem here.
happened to me couple weeks ago. I asked for 80k, they countered with 60k. Said it had nothing to do with my score, but the only loan I had in (many) years was house mortgage. (I paid cash for all of my previous cars since at least...15 years or so).

Im going to have to resubmit for the loan again (and face another credit pull) when get my VIN as I accidentally applied for the loan when I set up my account with DCU. WHen I resubmit I'll upload my brokerage account statements this time (in addition to paystub again) and ask for the full 80K again.