Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my third VIN. Should I rearrange my travel schedule to accommodate or stick to my 'Hold until late January' request? Recall that my first two declines were due to travel as well.

Shall we go à laElon? Votes here decides? To reiterate, I'm in no rush but would also like to get on with other aspects of life too. :)

1639071542022.png

Last edited:
Just got my third VIN. Should I rearrange my travel schedule to accommodate or stick to my 'Hold until late January' request? Recall that my first two declines were due to travel as well.

Shall I go à laElon? Votes here decides? To reiterate, I'm in no rush but would also like to get on with other aspects of life too. :)

View attachment 742364

I say get on with it. The sooner you take delivery, the sooner you can gripe with us on the the shaky mirrors and vibrating driveline.

You can still gripe about the yoke - you do not need to have one to gripe on that one.

Shall we go à laElon? Votes here decides? To reiterate, I'm in no rush but would also like to get on with other aspects of life too. :)

View attachment 742364
Go for it!

View attachment 742364
Almost sounds like bragging. I could kill to be in your shoes but then again I'm not swimming in the Plaid pool. First world problems..

Almost sounds like bragging. I could kill to be in your shoes but then again I'm not swimming in the Plaid pool. First world problems..

It is ok. Without us peasant LR's, the Plaids would have nobody to peacock. @Tigers was supposed to lead the peasant army but he keeps holding out for a tilting screen.

Not sure why or how, but ok. So your vote is 'yes, go for it' I take it?
It is ok. Without us peasant LR's, the Plaids would have nobody to peacock. @Tigers was supposed to lead the peasant army but he keeps holding out for a tilting screen.
Hey, I had a 75, not a 75D, but a 75. That's when the 75, 75D, 100D and P100D were all available. No peacocking here.....the Plaid badge gets removed day 1. And no way I'm sticking that 'Delivery Day' knock off badge on my tail.

Last edited:
Not too hype anyone up too much, but I've got a good feeling about this one. Vital things that will be needed for 4680s, CT etc... are actually coming together now. It was like when they rescheduled the Plaid Delivery Event, and then the Sunday preceding they began sending out invites. It's like "ok, this is actually happening now," vs. the previous June 3rd date. :)
I can't wait, pretty sure he's going to announce my VIN!

View attachment 742364

I'd wait until Jan, save your travel plans, enjoy the holidays.

Refresh S with NF VIN I saw at the Store indicates to me gaps and paint are getting better.

After 14 months, what's a few weeks more?

Configurator says, any plaid, and any combination of color or wheels available this month.

If you are an LR order, and wavering on which way to go, you can switch to Plaid, and not loose your deposit.

For me, if I were to find a Plaid in good shape I'd be tempted.

I have a feeling there will be an oversupply of Plaids in Jan. Maybe one in a store lot nearby that one could sneak a peek at...

Configurator says, any plaid, and any combination of color or wheels available this month.

If you are an LR order, and wavering on which way to go, you can switch to Plaid, and not loose your deposit.

For me, if I were to find a Plaid in good shape I'd be tempted.

I have a feeling there will be an oversupply of Plaids in Jan. Maybe one in a store lot nearby that one could sneak a peek at...

Based on the data, even one in visually good shape will likely vibrate, or vibrate at some point in the first 1-2k miles.

I'm OK with that. There will have to be a fix, else Tesla is going to have to do a lot of warranty work if the vibration causes wear or damage, which is likely over time.
@aerodyne Sure, but if you use history as a guide (old model S "Shutter" issue), Tesla claims this refreshed model S vibration is normal, and if/when the fix arrives, it will be years in the making (as was the case with the "shutter" half shaft issue). So, most will not own the car by the time the fix arrives, "at a SC near you".

Now, if this were a high volume, money maker, very public model 3/Y the solution would come a lot quicker - but it is not a 3/Y issue. This is low volume production model with small customer base, and no one (e.g., influencers, etc.) have even picked up the story....

@WilliamG

View attachment 742364
I also vote that you take it. It is a dream come true, so why wait?? Help a brother (Elon) out, man. EOQ/EOY will need to be reported on here at TMC!