Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have arrived! :eek:

celebration-will-smith.gif

ohyeah-friends.gif

Damnit, I'm still in the 8th. It'll be at least 3 hours until I know.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just signed up earlier today. Interestingly it wanted to verify my info with Plaid, and I couldn’t as my bank uses 3 entries for the account, versus just 2, user and password.
i opened 2 accounts, they oreapproved me for a $35k auto loan I didn’t yet apply for, so that felt good.
i am not sure how long the loan would be good for, so I’ll wait until closer to delivery. You know, like a vin. At absolute worst I can pay cash, but sure don’t want to.
they say they’ll loan as much as 130%, I’m trying to remember but I think I saw folks say they only got 80%. I’d have to go through 200 pages to find more info, can somebody clue me in? Thanks! Also have to figure out the direct deposit .5% thing, which I think is only like $10/month, but why not?
p.s. I have a credit union locally, can’t compete with DCU.
thanks!
Overshoot on the amount you want. They will go below your request regardless of your credit in my experience.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
After spending more time with the yoke, I like it even better. Nobody mentions the yokes greatest feature-It's fun, sorry boomers; we don't want your antiquated round steering wheel, It's lame and boring.
It's not their steering wheel. It's been around since the automobile.

After spending more time with the yoke, I like it even better. Nobody mentions the yokes greatest feature-It's fun, sorry boomers; we don't want your antiquated round steering wheel, It's lame and boring.

Agreed. People keep whining about it has nothing but shortcomings and its only virtue may be better visibility. I am pushing 19k miles since June. Have yet to see a shortcoming of my yoke. People underestimate the vast benefit of the open top. It is more open and it makes the car feel much more open. I never developed the bad habits of driving in the upper half so it was intuitive to stay below 10 and 2.

And yes, it is fun to drive.

Agreed. People keep whining about it has nothing but shortcomings and its only virtue may be better visibility. I am pushing 19k miles since June. Have yet to see a shortcoming of my yoke. People underestimate the vast benefit of the open top. It is more open and it makes the car feel much more open. I never developed the bad habits of driving in the upper half so it was intuitive to stay below 10 and 2.

And yes, it is fun to drive.
No, no, no...it's been clearly stated how stupid it is and will immediately prompt a safety recall for the horrible atrocities against mankind it's going to cause. This is not debatable, I read it here in the yoke thread. Therefore it is etched in stone and known as the truth.

Never mind that more vehicles are now being designed with a yoke, like the bZ4x. Which every news article regarding finds it critically important to explain the differences between the Toyota yoke and the Tesla yoke. Funny, they rarely explain the differences between manufacturer's normal wheels.

Biases are fascinating.

Hi everyone,
I've been gone for awhile. Just came back to see about 50 pages of new posts. No surprises there.

Just want to report that this morning, a new refresh Model S drove right past me with... a ROUND steering wheel. Yep, you heard that right. It was clearly a refresh, and still had it's paper plates. There is a member here at TMC that does has a round wheel that he did himself, but this was definitely not his car. Maybe this is someone he knows who also did his hack. I asked him and will report back.