Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got a NF vin assigned this morning after following here for months. Thanks to everyone posting I haved leared alot.
This will be my first Tesla and cant wait.

Ordered May 1
Model SLR Black with white interior fsd
19” Tempst wheels
RN 1148
NF4624
EDD Dec 28-31

That's great, but unless you want to spend new years at the SvC, how about reschedule delivery during the following week?

You joke but I think the current S taillights look terrible. I'm really happy mine was delayed and hope to get the new taillights now.
Being in the driver’s seat, I don’t think I have ever seen mine light! Don’t really care what those “pulling up the rear” think, either! To each their own!

Now, headlights are an altogether different matter!

You joke but I think the current S taillights look terrible. I'm really happy mine was delayed and hope to get the new taillights now.
The most credible theory I've read is that they're needed for deliveries to Europe (recently delayed to 2022 H2), which require the much larger CCS2 charge port. Maybe they'll roll out in H1, but we all know how often Tesla hits their timelines. :)

Being in the driver’s seat, I don’t think I have ever seen mine light! Don’t really care what those “pulling up the rear” think, either! To each their own!

No, headlights are an altogether different matter!
I wouldn't be surprised if they are testing new headlights alongside the new taillights. Just because they may look the same doesn't mean they are. Additionally, matrix headlights are now legal in the US, so Tesla might be moving to that headlight across the board now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are testing new headlights alongside the new taillights. Just because they may look the same doesn't mean they are. Additionally, matrix headlights are now legal in the US, so Tesla might be moving to that headlight across the board now.
Right, my MYP has them and the cutoff is nice and crisp!

Whatever floats your boat, but I was just pointing out that to sell or trade a brand new car in on the next year's model simply because you like the tail lights better on the new model might be a little lavish?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
In an attempt to justify the VIN assignment Monkey's behavior (AKA Tesla BOT), I'll say this: One's App should be showing "We're building your car". If it does not there's a step you haven't completed yet in you order process. I suspect the monkey does not like that. To be clear you will still get your VIN assignment but I suspect that that happens at higher level coding which is not a default for the monkey.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Finally got a NF vin assigned this morning after following here for months. Thanks to everyone posting I haved leared alot.
This will be my first Tesla and cant wait.

Ordered May 1
Model SLR Black with white interior fsd
19” Tempst wheels
RN 1148
NF4624
EDD Dec 28-31
YAY!!! There's hope for us Black/White MSLR orderers! I had an EDD of Dec 19-31 for a long time, before it got pushed back to Jan/Feb. Hope they crank out enough of this color scheme to clear a bunch of orders while they are building yours! My order is identical to yours, but was done 6-7 weeks after yours...