Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text from Tesla asking if I had a trade in, stating my car delivery is coming up soon (EDD showing 12/16-30 no VIN yet). Dont recall getting that for my prior VINs that I had to unmatch due to travel.

Hello from Tesla, congrats! Your vehicle will be here soon. We are reaching out to ask about vehicle trade-ins. You need to respond to this text to let us know if you are (1) yes, trading in a car. (2) have a second car you would like to see a trade-in offer (highly recommended), or (3) have nothing to trade. This helps us complete your profile and make your delivery process as seamless as possible.

Stopping back in for a sec for this. Progress report from my dude doing PPF today.
received_868973480453056.jpeg

Attachments

• received_620356299198373.jpeg
    received_620356299198373.jpeg
    573.1 KB · Views: 92
  • received_448990390117847.jpeg
    received_448990390117847.jpeg
    678.5 KB · Views: 54
  • received_889548675076852.jpeg
    received_889548675076852.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 80
Okay significant update. While I was refreshing both the app and this website maybe four times an hour I got a call from my sa that a car msm with black and 21 in Chicago suburbs was not picked up and is available however with the newer price with no fsd. Guess what guys eve though I had to give up the white interior and have to order a winter wheel tire package (2750$) and have to swap between winter and summer and pay about 5 k more and give up the 10 k fsd which makes my total increase 15k I said yes!!!!!! I actually didn’t say yes till I drove to the sc and said hello to the car. Was at night car barely gotten there not clean I simply walked around checked gaps and honestly just didn’t want to see much. No mats or trunk covers ofcourse. Anyways gave the yes and had the vin matched to me paid the Dow payment and scheduled pick up tomorrow!!! I guess I need to watch all the prep videos and order rims and tires.
I guess that is better than waiting to be pushed back to anymore or buy a used and then sell.
I think I read one guy in this club saying he had to give up delivery of a similar car because he would be out of town.

Okay significant update. While I was refreshing both the app and this website maybe four times an hour I got a call from my sa that a car msm with black and 21 in Chicago suburbs was not picked up and is available however with the newer price with no fsd. Guess what guys eve though I had to give up the white interior and have to order a winter wheel tire package (2750$) and have to swap between winter and summer and pay about 5 k more and give up the 10 k fsd which makes my total increase 15k I said yes!!!!!! I actually didn’t say yes till I drove to the sc and said hello to the car. Was at night car barely gotten there not clean I simply walked around checked gaps and honestly just didn’t want to see much. No mats or trunk covers ofcourse. Anyways gave the yes and had the vin matched to me paid the Dow payment and scheduled pick up tomorrow!!! I guess I need to watch all the prep videos and order rims and tires.
I guess that is better than waiting to be pushed back to anymore or buy a used and then sell.
I think I read one guy in this club saying he had to give up delivery of a similar car because he would be out of town.
Congrats. Assume it is a ‘22?

Wait, what? You had an LR on order with grandfathered pricing and they’re not grandfathering you to take an available LR? Hard Pass

Wait, what? You had an LR on order with grandfathered pricing and they’re not grandfathering you to take an available LR? Hard Pass
Well here what I am sure about. When sa called he said the car is 101000 with no fsd while mine was 95 with fsd. Lease payment went up two hundred dollars and I said I will subscribe to fsd later so yes I took it.
Now when I did the down payment I had a cheaper pricing ont account even though vins are the same. The sticker is 101000 showing only autopilot while app is showing 97000 with full fsd. So how come. Could the account be honoring my grandfathered cheaper pricing??? I guess will find out tomorrow when I sign actual lease paperwork

Well here what I am sure about. When sa called he said the car is 101000 with no fsd while mine was 95 with fsd. Lease payment went up two hundred dollars and I said I will subscribe to fsd later so yes I took it.
Now when I did the down payment I had a cheaper pricing ont account even though vins are the same. The sticker is 101000 showing only autopilot while app is showing 97000 with full fsd. So how come. Could the account be honoring my grandfathered cheaper pricing??? I guess will find out tomorrow when I sign actual lease paperwork
I paid early June pricing and my window sticker says 101.

I can't promise anything in an hour, but I'll do my best!. But I can say, without getting political, that I got chuckle out of the Senator Karen tweet today.
Yeah I don't wanna be political either lol, but that's why I love this guy lol. Can't not respect someone who actually speaks his mind in this age. And that's all I will say on the matter lol!

They shouldn't be charging you the higher price if they're subing. I'd not do it. But hey. Congrats. Hope your heat works hah (not joking, mines going in for service next Tuesday). Eh. I'd have waited the month more saved the 15k and gotten what I ordered.

Edit: and are you really from Chicago putting the $ after the numbers? Idk.

They shouldn't be charging you the higher price if they're subing. I'd not do it. But hey. Congrats. Hope your heat works hah (not joking, mines going in for service next Tuesday). Eh. I'd have waited the month more saved the 15k and gotten what I ordered.

Edit: and are you really from Chicago putting the $ after the numbers? Idk.
I am not sure how to take your really from Chicago question. I am an immigrant living in Chicago for more than 17 y. Does that sound better?!

I am not sure how to take your really from Chicago question. I am an immigrant living in Chicago for more than 17 y. Does that sound better?!
Ohhhh, the internet. Where bias and hypocrisy flow like candy cane canoes down gumdrop rivers of joy. Isn't it grand?

No, it doesn't matter where you're from. Congrats on the car, I hope you enjoy it. I would fight for the original pricing though, as some others have mentioned...but it's your car and your money and I hope you enjoy both!