Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup that's what I meant with the feedback thing.
IMHO, some people are always going to complain lol tbh. You keep it the same and they call it old, and you give a whole new interface and they don't like it lol. I mean it's not perfect but at the same time, having had IRL experience with it, I think it's pretty awesome. Plus Tesla is always listening, and they are already working on improving it for those who don't like some aspects of it.

Re: Track mode, I think it will be awesome! I can't wait for it, and no it won't be a trap lol! I think this will be something all Plaid owners love! :)

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
new fly over
This Fremont fly-over, showing tents, brought an "image" to mind.... I remember the days when people were joking about how to tell how their model 3 was made in a tent.... Anyone remember this visual answer?

made in a tent.gif

Got a text that I was finally assigned a VIN yesterday evening. Figured it would still be a couple of weeks minimum before my car arrives. Then got a call this morning that my car is on the truck and they can deliver it this evening. I said that we won't be home this evening and asked if I could either come pick it up today or have it delivered tomorrow. They said that they aren't doing in person pick ups and if they don't deliver it tonight, I would have to wait till at least January 7 for delivery. But the rep said I don't need to be home to accept delivery. They will leave it on my driveway and I am good to go. I am sure they are trying to complete delivery before the end of the year to hit a quota, hence the rush to deliver today.
Has anyone else had a delivery go like this? What would you do?

Ah, given that, there’s no way we will see this today. Testers are usually given 24-48 hours; then there are bug fixes and retesting. Add to that the holiday and we are looking at 1/3/22+, no?
Nah. The delay between employees getting it and customers getting are the bugs, which as I've said already are being tackled as we speak. If the bugs have already been fixed, then everyone may get it at the same time. And let me rephrase: as far as I know, there have been no employees getting it. There is absolutely possible that employees have already gotten it, and those employees just haven't shared it. This is even more likely if a limited number employees have been testing this. Testing for an update like this may actually be done at a track in small numbers, as this update is not the same type as V11. A lot of testers may just not be needed. We'll have to see! :)

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
I think not. The delay between employees getting it and customers getting are the bugs, which as I've said already are being tackled as we speak. If the bugs have already been fixed, then everyone may get it at the same time. And let me rephrase: as far as I know, there have been no employees getting it. There is absolutely possible that employees have already gotten it, and those employees just haven't shared it. This is even more likely if a limited number employees have been testing this. Testing for an update like this may actually be done at a track in small numbers, as this update is not the same type as V11. A lot of testers may just not be needed. We'll have to see! :)
Good point, re the possibility of actual track time testing!