Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In NJ, EVs are not taxed, but software and services are... so buying it as part of the car saves you almost $700 in sales taxes.
Exactly the opposite of CA, great example! The overall point it that there is a pretty substantial advantage to be had with a little digging prior to optioning a car with or without FSD.

guys already 300+ on my new MSLR. today while driving I was talking to a friend of mine one blue tooth and he commented that the call quality was horrible compared to when I was in my BMW yesterday. Has anyone heard of issue with blue tooth call quality??
Yes, I've had people comment on a lot of background noise while traveling about 80mph on concrete highway.

Took delivery today, exactly 51 weeks after my order. MF454. My "SR-71 Blackbird" was absolutely perfect. Drove her 24 miles to the detailer for matte PPF and window tint, and ALP install. She was quiet and smooth. Photos after PPF.

Thanks to the long-timers for all the group therapy. It has (and will continue to be) enjoyable and enriching. My only disappointment is not to have approached @EndlessPlaid 's level of persistent positivity and engagement scoring 😉

My only disappointment is not to have approached @EndlessPlaid 's level of persistent positivity and engagement scoring 😉
You're our east coast beacon of positivity! Hopefully you can join whenever I get around to setting up a meetup at the restaurant owned by a guy who's even more of a Tesla fan than I, haha.

I had planned to carry my keycard in my wallet. In case my phone wont unlock the car for some reason, can pull out my card from my wallet. But if my phone doesnt work (or is lost while Im out and about), still trying to grasp how having the card in the glovebox will help me?
Yeah don't put it in the glove box lol! That would lock it inside.🙂

Reactions: impastu
Took delivery today, exactly 51 weeks after my order. MF454. My "SR-71 Blackbird" was absolutely perfect. Drove her 24 miles to the detailer for matte PPF and window tint, and ALP install. She was quiet and smooth. Photos after PPF.

Thanks to the long-timers for all the group therapy. It has (and will continue to be) enjoyable and enriching. My only disappointment is not to have approached @EndlessPlaid 's level of persistent positivity and engagement scoring 😉
Congrats! would love to get together with the "locals" from TMC. Rye is not around the corner, but we can figure out a way to make it work.

I had planned to carry my keycard in my wallet. In case my phone wont unlock the car for some reason, can pull out my card from my wallet. But if my phone doesnt work (or is lost while Im out and about), still trying to grasp how having the card in the glovebox will help me?
believe me, i spend a LOT of time thinking of this stuff.
i "always" carry a small wallet, and even if i'm running out to the store in a bath suit or yeah, jammies, i'll grab my small wallet, keys, phone, and cash. i've thought about how i might not have my wallet - lost, or (in the winter) left in my jacket, or i ran out of the house with the keys and not the wallet - but now with the phone as a key, it becomes far easier to not bring stuff out and go for a quick hop (err, how will you pay for that stuff then?)
so, i plan to have a card in my wallet, and of course my phone. i plan on the spare key card in the car.
i COULD get a ring, but i think i won't. i did buy extra cards, so i may melt one with acetone and see what i can make out of it.
as for getting in the car if you've got nothing, i believe (using someone's phone) you can call tesla and beg them to remote unlock (and then having the key in the glove box would be a life saver) but alternatively, i suppose you can have someone install the app, input your credentials, and then once you're in your glove box delete the app.
makes me think maybe i'll keep a $20 in the glovebox as a reward for someone doing this.
i also want my emergency card on me, so a spare card in the locked glovebox makes a LOT of sense to me.
another alternative is maybe store a spare card under some carpeting, etc. in the frunk or trunk - wouldn't be obvious at all, and wouldn't interfere with the operation of the car.
years ago, i used to keep a spare trunk and ignition key under my door sill - and the idea was if i couldn't get a police officer to slim jim the car, i could break one of the cheaper windows, get the door opened, and be on my way.
for $100 the ring key really sounds like a great idea, i just don't want to wear another ring, though i suppose i could on "pool" or "beach" days (and i don't go that often!)

I volunteer to be the east coast beacon of pessimissivity. pessimissm. err, crankiness, yeah, that's it!

1641501458916.png

Imagine adding to it the emotional traumaof rear drive unit failure and having to be towed after driving the cars for forty miles then leaving on vacation for a week can’t wait to return then getting COVID then getting that assisted steering software glitch then worrying about not blowing the summer tires till AS arrive. I am seriously loosing my mind and not sure if it is fun or enjoyable anymore😤😤😱😫
I grok you.
I dated someone years ago, who's father had a small printing company (that ultimately went under).
He gave me a pad he made with scrap paper - it had the 3 monkeys on it, and the quote was great, "Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most."
At the end of they day, despite my excitement over this rolling toy, it's just a friggin car.
I would however be exteremely p'd off to pay for the thing, and have it crap out some 40 miles later.
my drive home from the SC is about that - do I have to worry I'll make it? And I'll have likely traded in my daily driver...
I'll worry about other stuff instead...

I grok you.
I dated someone years ago, who's father had a small printing company (that ultimately went under).
He gave me a pad he made with scrap paper - it had the 3 monkeys on it, and the quote was great, "Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most."
At the end of they day, despite my excitement over this rolling toy, it's just a friggin car.
I would however be exteremely p'd off to pay for the thing, and have it crap out some 40 miles later.
my drive home from the SC is about that - do I have to worry I'll make it? And I'll have likely traded in my daily driver...
I'll worry about other stuff instead...
I find it always prudent to worry about as much and many things possible, particularly things I cannot control.

Well guys you all are waiting for a new flyover, here ya go!!!

I saw this one today - amazes me. a few thoughts while watching:
1) is my car there? seriously, i think it is. i was looking at the delivery lot for my car and a red car, to match the 2 (me and other person) who got vins on the same day (and frankly prior vins given and revoked the same dates!) and EDD with same range to my SC.
2) i was utterly blown away how at 7 a.m. there was a zillion cars being shipped out, and have a zillion more that look like they're close to shipping out - what parts shortage?
3) i love seeing the chassis enclosure ramp getting near completion - i just wish i could see the chassis go through, but it looks like it will be totally enclosed
4) my favorite - there are speed bumps by the track - and it says "8 mph max" - yet the FSD videos i've been watching hit the speed bumps (hard) at about 17 mph. just made me smile.
Okay, i now return you to your regularly scheduled off topic posts and gushing :)

I find it always prudent to worry about as much and many things possible, particularly things I cannot control.
I excel at that exercise.
Earlier today, and about 4 times a week, i mention to folks, "there was a famous author, who i later learned was Mark Twain, who mentioned words to the effect, 'I fought many battles, some of which actually happened.'" - yeah, i'm a worrier.