Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is a NF?
Young Padawan, the VIN indicates among their things the year built and factory. 2021 was M, and 2022 is N. Fremont is F, and upcoming Texas is T. There is a federal site that shows when tesla sent in for filing, designations, etc.
basically, since about October that was a hot topic, N versus M. Important to me, not so much to others.

Wanting to get this forums opinion on my situation as it’s changing a bit.

I’ve got MS LR in order, January 5 - Feb 4 estimated delivery. White/white/ 21” wheels

I came across a pretty amazing new house subdivision opportunity today.

My loan officer says I couldn’t be approved with the Tesla loan.

Anyone have experience with people buying and pretty quickly reselling these cars? I’m considering taking delivery of the S in the next month, selling the car as my new house build completes so it comes off my credit report, then getting a plaid instead (So I don’t have to wait too long car-less)

Any opinions on if this seems like a reasonable plan? I’d be closing the new house deal sometime around April.
Can you put the tesla order on hold? Get the harder to get mortgage first, and then after,hopefully the easier tomget car finance? Would lease be better?

Hi guys, new to the thread but have been keeping my eye on it for a few weeks now. Figured I’d share my current status (for whatever that’s worth!). On 10/17/21 I ordered a MS LR Red/ Cream/ 19” reservation RN1158. Said EDD of June on the website when I ordered, moved to 3/8-4/5 for a while in the app, said “June” for a few days this week, and now says 4/3-4/30 this morning. I’m as excited as you guys checking several times per day. I’m in NJ and going to utilize the Paramus SC for delivery. Drove by the other day and still a lot of construction, but looks like they are making progress. I know they are only doing deliveries right now, any idea when they are expecting to open for service again? They are closer to me then Springfield. And for the record, my first car wasn’t nearly as cool as you guys… it was a real POS. ‘91 cavalier with with of steering wheel bitten off (someone had a bad day a few owners prior, I guess?), a wobbling headlight abs typical GM headliner that was falling down. :) Happy Thursday boys!

I’ve got MS LR in order, January 5 - Feb 4 estimated delivery. White/white/ 21” wheels

Anyone have experience with people buying and pretty quickly reselling these cars? I’m considering taking delivery of the S in the next month, selling the car as my new house build completes so it comes off my credit report, then getting a plaid instead (So I don’t have to wait too long car-less)

Any opinions on if this seems like a reasonable plan? I’d be closing the new house deal sometime around April.
While purchasing a home or refinancing, it's always discouraged to apply for any forms of credit during your mortgage loan process. Any changes to your report during the process can affect your mortgage rate going up. You can put your car order on hold. Typically mortgage process takes 30 days, but with covid it took longer when I went through my refinance last year. I would listen to whatever your loan officer says to get the best results on your home, btw congrats!

Hi guys, new to the thread but have been keeping my eye on it for a few weeks now. Figured I’d share my current status (for whatever that’s worth!). On 10/17/21 I ordered a MS LR Red/ Cream/ 19” reservation RN1158. Said EDD of June on the website when I ordered, moved to 3/8-4/5 for a while in the app, said “June” for a few days this week, and now says 4/3-4/30 this morning. I’m as excited as you guys checking several times per day. I’m in NJ and going to utilize the Paramus SC for delivery. Drove by the other day and still a lot of construction, but looks like they are making progress. I know they are only doing deliveries right now, any idea when they are expecting to open for service again? They are closer to me then Springfield. And for the record, my first car wasn’t nearly as cool as you guys… it was a real POS. ‘91 cavalier with with of steering wheel bitten off (someone had a bad day a few owners prior, I guess?), a wobbling headlight abs typical GM headliner that was falling down. :) Happy Thursday boys!
it would be interesting if paramus was fully operational by the time you get your wheels - "two weeks"
in all seriousness, until your EDD settles down to about 2 weeks, you'll just be checking like the rest of us, and getting disappointed like the rest of us.
once you get down to 2 weeks, and start to hit your EDD window, you should be ripe for a VIN.
I was told by a couple of SA's (i call the springfield location) that Fremont CAN ship to NJ in only 6 days, but more realistically 2 weeks. (I didn't think it was possible to get to NJ in less than 2 weeks unless by truck, but per the knowledgeable SA that i actually believe and trust, I was told that NJ is on a train route that could do it in 6 days. could be as quick as that - SC gets the car, reviews, and delivers the same day, which COULD be as quick as 6 days from Fremont, but again, not likely.
right now I have my VIN since last night (yippie) and a 6 day window; i expect to get a text later today or tomorrow to schedule. I went through this in December, and then my car (and apparently several other folks' cars) were never built.

As my nervous energy resurfaces, I'm wondering if there are any POST delivery checklists?
here's stuff I'm thinking about, some of which could be pre, but are more possibly post:
3d print/store a badge/necklace/valet key in the glovebox
set up my music, POI's, etc.
set up ceramic coating/window tinting
make sure i have my flat kit (maybe bring to pick up and slap into trunk or frunk, so that is more of a pre)
ditto bring ez pass
not sure what else.
anyone have a list or suggestions, or is this worth creating more formally? the comprehensive pick up checklist is....comprehensive!

it would be interesting if paramus was fully operational by the time you get your wheels - "two weeks"
in all seriousness, until your EDD settles down to about 2 weeks, you'll just be checking like the rest of us, and getting disappointed like the rest of us.
once you get down to 2 weeks, and start to hit your EDD window, you should be ripe for a VIN.
I was told by a couple of SA's (i call the springfield location) that Fremont CAN ship to NJ in only 6 days, but more realistically 2 weeks. (I didn't think it was possible to get to NJ in less than 2 weeks unless by truck, but per the knowledgeable SA that i actually believe and trust, I was told that NJ is on a train route that could do it in 6 days. could be as quick as that - SC gets the car, reviews, and delivers the same day, which COULD be as quick as 6 days from Fremont, but again, not likely.
right now I have my VIN since last night (yippie) and a 6 day window; i expect to get a text later today or tomorrow to schedule. I went through this in December, and then my car (and apparently several other folks' cars) were never built.
👍

As my nervous energy resurfaces, I'm wondering if there are any POST delivery checklists?
here's stuff I'm thinking about, some of which could be pre, but are more possibly post:
make sure i have my flat kit (maybe bring to pick up and slap into trunk or frunk, so that is more of a pre)
ditto bring ez pass
not sure what else.
anyone have a list or suggestions, or is this worth creating more formally? the comprehensive pick up checklist is....comprehensive!
I would be going over possible names with your wife prior to delivery. Are you having announcements printed? Is your charging situation sorted at home?

I’d all so have a family meeting and explain that even though Dad is super excited about the new arrival is doesn’t mean that the girls aren’t loved.

Last edited:
I would be going over possible names with your wife prior to delivery. Are you having announcements printed? Is your charging situation sorted at home?

I’d all so have a family meeting and explain that even though Dad is super excited about the new arrival is doesn’t mean that the girls aren’t loved.
my daughters stopped asking me who my favorite is about a year ago. i used to say, "i dislike all 3 of you equally" but now they know the pat answer is, "the dog"
my middle whelp named her car Jwow (not sure why). I am tempted to use "Gwow" for mine, though Sparky was the first to come to mind and I am still leaning in that direction.
Last night my wife was excited (for me) to hear the VIN dropped, asked if I was telling all my "real friends" (on TMC) about it (yup) and this a.m. she called me "VIN Man" - even my 12 year old was excited for me last night.
Sigh.
I need to turn to drugs, gambling and other debauchery - this is just too pathetic.

If you can afford the cash flow to keep it and buy the house, ask your loan officer if lease would have same impact.

ditto bring ez pass
not sure what else.
curious. Why a key inside the glovebox? I may be not thinking it through, but the reward to risk ratio seems off to me...

curious. Why a key inside the glovebox? I may be not thinking it through, but the reward to risk ratio seems off to me...
I hear ya. the keycard is i think NFC or RFID and only works right by the door panel - so it's not like leaving a regular keyless entry key fob in the glove box. the glove box is locked anyway (i think) or i think i can set to only open with a VIN. so, if they're "already" in my car, they either broke a window or had a key or prior card or my phone.
Anyway, having it in my glove box (locked) and maybe even hidden behind stuff (on the fence about that) means i always have a spare card with me, though i should in my wallet anyway. that has me further thinking, for complete "safety" perhaps a photocopy of my driver's license and insurance card in the glove box as well, in case i lose my wallet, phone, and mind.
the ONLY way i see this possibly happening, might be at the beach or a water park etc. where everything might be say, in my wife's beach bag.
i have also seriously considered the ring that doubles as a key (has the key card electronics built into the ring) but i think that is too much even for me.
i think a key card holder that i print in tpu, and wear around my neck at the beach, or even give to the valet, will get the job done.
I do know i don't want to hand a valet just a blank key card, i'll want "something" around it so they can also indicate it belongs to me.
the way telsa is going, i can see 20 of these key cards at the airport park and rides in the future

gang, is there no longer a way to download the owner's manual? i have about 3 versions downloaded since about June (slight variances based on version number) - and the electronic manual has been up for a while.
I tried to download the latest, and there's no such luck, it seems to be only electronic.
am I doing something wrong?
thanks for any help!
p.s. my search online for track didn't return any results. so much for track mode, at least on the online S manual!

gang, is there no longer a way to download the owner's manual? i have about 3 versions downloaded since about June (slight variances based on version number) - and the electronic manual has been up for a while.
I tried to download the latest, and there's no such luck, it seems to be only electronic.
am I doing something wrong?
thanks for any help!
p.s. my search online for track didn't return any results. so much for track mode, at least on the online S manual!
Looks like they removed the .pdf version. I had it bookmarked but it now redirects to the online manual. Too bad, it was nice to be able to read it offline.