Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not yet. You must refrain for a little longer. 🤣:)
Too early, guys. “Hold your water,” as they say! 😤

1641783158558.png

It's not too late to become a better person, why not start today?

If you're reading this, you likely have (or are STILL waiting for!) a Tesla, so you have some good qualities. Yet with all the items you've noted above, which make you "the wrong guy," well, let's be 100% clear: those are all choices, choices you make and can change. When you look just beneath the surface, you'll easily see the consequences of those choices, and how clearly evil they are.

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.​

― Anna Lappe

Many people above a certain age don't want to go places that involve much introspection, but I would encourage you to do so regardless, especially as you already have a Tesla (or it's on order?). It could be the beginning of a whole new life . . . after all. it's already a fully "vegan" car!
In all seriousness, I’ve had much better long term results with the fake leather interiors (bmw used to call it leatherette, Benz called theirs leatherette) than real leather. And I’ve cut WAY back on red meat and pork. For health reasons. And I like the fake Whoppers.

Baby steps!

In all seriousness, I’ve had much better long term results with the fake leather interiors (bmw used to call it leatherette, Benz called theirs leatherette) than real leather. And I’ve cut WAY back on red meat and pork. For health reasons. And I like the fake Whoppers.

Baby steps!
Actually Mercedes’ version was/is MBtex. Can’t recall if BMW had an official name but I did have a Z3 back in 1996 that had fake leather.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It's not too late to become a better person, why not start today?

If you're reading this, you likely have (or are STILL waiting for!) a Tesla, so you have some good qualities. Yet with all the items you've noted above, which make you "the wrong guy," well, let's be 100% clear: those are all choices, choices you make and can change. When you look just beneath the surface, you'll easily see the consequences of those choices, and how clearly evil they are.

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.​

― Anna Lappe

Many people above a certain age don't want to go places that involve much introspection, but I would encourage you to do so regardless, especially as you already have a Tesla (or it's on order?). It could be the beginning of a whole new life . . . after all. it's already a fully "vegan" car!
You never came through with giving me your old Tesla therefore you’re really not ‘bout this life. All talk, no action.

I'm all for sustainability, although the way Tesla fails to embrace right to repair, makes me think they have forgot about that part of the mission.

If we all cut meat consumption by 60%, that would have a huge impact, a rare case of better, faster cheaper for everyone, and there will still be enough leather for steering wheels.

My old ICE has a leather steering wheel cover still good after 25 years.

Let's not "Have a cow" over leather on steering wheels please.

I'm all for sustainability, although the way Tesla fails to embrace right to repair, makes me think they have forgot about that part of the mission.

If we all cut meat consumption by 60%, that would have a huge impact, a rare case of better, faster cheaper for everyone, and there will still be enough leather for steering wheels.

My old ICE has a leather steering wheel cover still good after 25 years.

Let's not "Have a cow" over leather on steering wheels please.
I did not make my family famous rib roast this new year because I was being environmentally friendly! … definitely for environmental reasons… not because the price was crazy high.

I did not make my family famous rib roast this new year because I was being environmentally friendly! … definitely for environmental reasons… not because the price was crazy high.
And that's ok. Not only cheaper, but better for your health as well...

Trying to say no one should eat meat or buy any leather products is not going to have much of an impact on most folks.

Blame it on Covid or loss of smell for other reasons, but I can't really tell the difference between beyond meat and real meat burgers anymore.

Holy crap! Just occurred to me that all this is Way off topic!

If I replace the yoke cover with leather, will I get rid of the worm?

Last edited: