Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one looks better:

Nice first attempt, but not for me. Will look forward to future versions that are more normal looking. And at reailistic price point

Last edited:
This one looks better:

I wonder how much each blocks the instrument cluster view. Maybe an issue. Maybe not at all an issue.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I wonder how much each blocks the instrument cluster view. Maybe an issue. Maybe not at all an issue.
Considering the price I have ordered this unit just to get a comparison to the yoke.

This one looks better:

I REALLY like this one. And no core needed so can swap it back to the yoke when (eventually) selling.

I would complete it (just put cash for now, you can change it when you get a VIN), pretty sure they don't fulfill uncompleted orders.
Okay, I filled out all the required information. Now I will wait six months.
I went to Aventura Mall in Florida yesterday to actually sit in a new model S at the Tesla store. I talked to the sales person about the new software as everybody is complaining about it. I asked what happened to the icon to show supercharges on the screen map. We could not figure it out on the now or old S. That's another subject!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Nice first attempt, but not for me. Will look forward to future versions that are more normal looking. And at reailistic price point

While I'm still 50/50 on the yoke (at only 100 miles of use, so far), it is crazy dumb that Sportline has gone to all this effort, only to wrap the wheel in leather.

How can they supposedly be so "tied in" with Tesla's mission and get this part so hopelessly wrong?

It's not like this is new news--read this from the UN FAO about 16 YEARS ago:

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

And:

Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.

Source:

Snowflake Alert: do NOT read any further if your mind is unable to absorb new information that challenges what your parents taught you. I get weary of "dislikes" because some lurkers here are, as Elon says, that are "ossified" in their thinking . . .

So rather than follow Tesla's lead and use any of the many synthetic leathers available, Sportline goes to a company that blows the brains out of sentient beings, pays them to give them the skins of the tortured and murdered cows, while also increasing the risk our entire planet faces due to unchecked GHG dumping.

On what planet is this okay?

Last edited:
While I'm still 50/50 on the yoke (at only 100 miles of use, so far), it is crazy dumb that Sportline has gone to all this effort, only to wrap the wheel in leather.

How can they supposedly be so "tied in" with Tesla's mission and get this part so hopelessly wrong?

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

And:

Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.

Source:

Snowflake Alert: do NOT read any further if your mind is unable to absorb new information that challenges what your parents taught you. I get weary of "dislikes" because some lurkers here are, as Elon says, that are "ossified" in their thinking . . .

So rather than follow Tesla's lead and use any of the many synthetic leathers available, Sportline goes to a company that blows the brains out of sentient beings, pays them to give them the skins of the tortured and murdered cows, while also increasing the risk our entire planet faces due to unchecked GHG dumping.

I hear you but I’m kinda the wrong guy to opine on that part. I literally have been known to have a leather wrapped starting wheel in one hand and a double stack cheeseburger in the other. While wearing a leather jacket and suede loafers.

I apologize in advance.

And:

Source:

These parody accounts are getting so good that it’s hard to tell them apart from the real thing.

Double barrel foam cannon today - needed to wash off all the road saline solution, gravel and dirt thrown down during the two weeks worth of Seattle area snow and ice storms. Finally warmed up today!

75A5B25B-4C1B-4064-9941-29F7E0EF3062.jpegB3421040-339D-4ED5-BA8D-427EF7B86175.jpeg
@WilliamG

That *sugar* is goofier looking than the yoke ffs

I hear you but I’m kinda the wrong guy to opine on that part. I literally have been known to have a leather wrapped starting wheel in one hand and a double stack cheeseburger in the other. While wearing a leather jacket and suede loafers.

I apologize in advance.
It's not too late to become a better person, why not start today?

If you're reading this, you likely have (or are STILL waiting for!) a Tesla, so you have some good qualities. Yet with all the items you've noted above, which make you "the wrong guy," well, let's be 100% clear: those are all choices, choices you make and can change. When you look just beneath the surface, you'll easily see the consequences of those choices, and how clearly evil they are.

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.​

― Anna Lappe

Many people above a certain age don't want to go places that involve much introspection, but I would encourage you to do so regardless, especially as you already have a Tesla (or it's on order?). It could be the beginning of a whole new life . . . after all. it's already a fully "vegan" car!

You’re a parody if you know it or not.
Yes, when you don't have any facts you can attack, then . . . attack the messenger.

Let's stipulate from your posts that you may of the, "Don't bother me with the facts; my mind is made up." mindset and just not have any more discussion on this topic, at least with you.

It clutters up the thread when someone with "alternate facts" start arguing with someone with real facts.

Thanks.

p.s. Suggestion--please consider some review: