Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Much better build quality than my August 2021 Plaid delivery

...In addition we have a snow storm today/tomorrow yet the car had Pirelli summer tires on. They agreed to swap the tires for AS tires as soon as they receive them and set up a service visit for both the Seat and Tires.
Congrats.

Did Tesla charge you for the AS tires? What AS tires did you get swapped to (and what size are we talking about if you wouldn't mind).

In comparison to your earlier delivery, what QC did you notice contributing to better build quality?

Cheers

So, it appears that deliveries might be actually starting to occur within the EDD window. If so, one less thing to complain about, and the other things like missing parts are more for the other thread...

I found that in my case with a current EDD of Today though next Wednesday, I could schedule delivery at the store on Monday.

Still going to defer til May.

Visited the store, did the Hold.

I could see the car, but they would not let me take a photo through the gate!

But, here is your daily dose of (Red) plaid, seen in the store lot:

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_111401181_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220129_111401181_HDR.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20220129_111413591_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220129_111413591_HDR.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Congrats.

Did Tesla charge you for the AS tires? What AS tires did you get swapped to (and what size are we talking about if you wouldn't mind).

In comparison to your earlier delivery, what QC did you notice contributing to better build quality?

Cheers
Here are the sizes. The A/S Tesla provides with the model S are Continental Procontacts

Attachments

• 1643495546481.png
    1643495546481.png
    442.9 KB · Views: 78
Sorry about your experience. But you could have more sympathy for a newcome. Perhaps your car might arrive sooner.😁
I would have been kind but she was very rude about it. Didn't even bother to look at the notes. She gave me the norm to try to get me off the phone. The guy I spoke with 2 minutes after said she should have seen the messages on my account notes

Saw a floor model today, LR, MF build.

Usual worm, slight seat wrinkles. ( black interior does a real good job of hiding them)

Nothing else except the usual missing covers. No word on when this will be fixed. Blank stare from SA's when asked about new lights, horn, ambient lights, backward cubby lights.

No Caroke, but supposedly, ANR is there on some cars, with some update.

A big no from sales on the future tilting screen. I think I could live without it, the screen is pretty wide

Rear driver's side pass door lower sill is high, like every car I have seen. A close look indicates this is the probable reason for the interior trim missmatch.

That's funny, but some would pay a premium for a delivery day car. I can't believe anyone would not sell it PP.
Not sure why. Don’t even know if there was a block of VINs that identify them or any certificate issued. I was there but didn’t take one home so not sure. And the ‘silly’ Plaid emblem is a dime a dozen now.

Other than for having it early, I have no desire for one. No offense to the other Omar or those who did get one that day.

Not sure why. Don’t even know if there was a block of VINs that identify them or any certificate issued. I was there but didn’t take one home so not sure. And the ‘silly’ Plaid emblem is a dime a dozen now.

Other than for having it early, I have no desire for one. No offense to the other Omar or those who did get one that day.
But...this one, like the other DD cars, had Wood trim, walnut in this case.

Not collectors items like the signature MS cars, but still pretty cool.

Considering they cost less at the time, and we're probably hand picked and extensively inspected.

If the one with Franz's sig ever came up for auction, I'd bid for sure.

Again, only some people would do this, not most.