Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I read that before posting but it seems like transport mode is only for winching onto or out of a trailer. Supposedly we could just drive it in and out; I just don't want the battery to discharge. In Audi, transport mode disables alarm but I guess Sentry mode being disabled accomplishes the same thing.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks. I read that before posting but it seems like transport mode is only for winching onto or out of a trailer. Supposedly we could just drive it in and out; I just don't want the battery to discharge. In Audi, transport mode disables alarm but I guess Sentry mode being disabled accomplishes the same thing.
When I had my first Tesla in 2019, they flat bedded it to the service center to avoid putting miles on it to address delivery issues. So yes, you can flat bed it (recommended per Tesla) and just put it in park. Disabling Sentry Mode will prevent any false positives. Not sure there is a large concern of the battery discharging any more than leaving it parked for an extended period of time.

One thing to note: if you are not in the trailer, you cannot monitor the car location from the Tesla app. I do not believe the location updates while the car is in park. Saw this reported either here or on the local Facebook group.

You would tow it forward to recharge the battery. I'm not aware of any regenerative charging that happens when you let off the gas when going in reverse, but I've never really gone fast in reverse.
Yeah don't do that either way lol! It will still regen in reverse too. The car isn't meant to be towed like that. That's why they still have a neutral option. I know some people have done it, but it could be dangerous if the car overheats due to over-regeneration. This is more of a concern when the car itself is disabled and thus cannot manage its thermals, but still, not a good idea to tow it.

It's important to remember that regeneration uses to the kinetic energy in the brakes to charge the pack, and as with any charging, heat can become an issue, especially if the car cannot limit or control the regen, such as when it's being towed.🙂

• Informative
Reactions: IamGaryGnu
So i called Tesla again yesterday to find out why my car still hasn't shipped and why i haven't gotten a text message to schedule a pick up.

I first got a girl who must have been new and tried to feed me some BS saying "it looks like your car has still not been built yet and it would have to be build before you can move on with you account." I kindly told her to she didn't know what the F she was talking about. Asked her to send me to someone else and she said she would have someone else call me but it wouldn't be till next day.

I then called again after hanging up with her and got the best Tesla Rep out there. He looked in my notes and found that someone had asked the Logistics dep. what was wrong with my delivery and there was a response yesterday. (Car has been sitting there for 17 days)
The response was that the Trucking Company refused to pick up the car and pretty much had told Tesla to go F themselves. They then scheduled for another company to pick up my car yesterday and it is scheduled to arrive at 1pm on Feb 9th.

This really sucks for my because my plans to pick up on Feb 1-5 is completely shot down the drain. The awesome Rep said he would add a note for them to expedite my delivery so that i can pick it up the same day it arrives as long as there are no issues. He also tried to ping the car but couldn't get connected. Seems to be a software issue on his end. Said he hadn't used it all day so it must have not been working for the day.

I live 2 hours away from the SC so i will need to rent a car for the trip...

TLDR:
I got forgotten and had to call till i found a few people that could get the ball rolling again.
New EDD showing today: Feb 7th -13th. Car is arriving at Feb 9th at 1pm.

Lessons learned: if you delivery is taking a while and you have a VIN, call them and have them ask logistics. If i hadn't kept calling, they would have forgotten me for a while.
Sorry about your experience. But you could have more sympathy for a newcome. Perhaps your car might arrive sooner.😁

I had an RN1163 Red/Cream/19" LR ordered with EDD of May. I started using the tesla-info site to get push notifications for Inventory cars. This evening it notified me of a Red/Black/19" available. Im in VA and the car is in FL. $1000 delivery to VA. So, I purchased it and now should get delivery Feb 2-6. I expect that date could push out some. I realize this could be someones reject. It could also be a financing that fell through and who is to say my original order would be perfect. The car had FSD, but I was able to delete FSD during the purchase to knock off that $12,000. I had the FSD subscription for a while on my model Y and its not even usable. Elon says end of 2022 to be safer than human, I say no way.

I had an RN1163 Red/Cream/19" LR ordered with EDD of May. I started using the tesla-info site to get push notifications for Inventory cars. This evening it notified me of a Red/Black/19" available. Im in VA and the car is in FL. $1000 delivery to VA. So, I purchased it and now should get delivery Feb 2-6. I expect that date could push out some. I realize this could be someones reject. It could also be a financing that fell through and who is to say my original order would be perfect. The car had FSD, but I was able to delete FSD during the purchase to knock off that $12,000. I had the FSD subscription for a while on my model Y and its not even usable. Elon says end of 2022 to be safer than human, I say no way.
I concur. No way.

This is exactly what I've been running for a month or so now without issue. Fit in the rear has been fine, running on low suspension. No ABS or other issues at all. Speedo is maybe off about 2 mph at 75 (almost nothing at 30 and maybe 1 mph at 60) but range hasn't been any different. Great tire, slightly less sticky than the OEM summers - as expected - but really solid with grip and in light/medium snow.
Can you run the car in all suspension settings? No problems then? I might buy them then.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Decided to go ahead and forget about updated lights and TOOK DELIVERYY of my MS LR.
NF467 in NY. It was goregeous. Much better build quality than my August 2021 Plaid delivery.

It was missing the trunk lid and front passenger seat had warping in the upholstery - they will be replacing the entire seat and providing the trunk lid at a later date.

In addition we have a snow storm today/tomorrow yet the car had Pirelli summer tires on. They agreed to swap the tires for AS tires as soon as they receive them and set up a service visit for both the Seat and Tires. All in all, helpful delivery team and very understanding.

Attachments

• B6C52F5F-D3F0-444E-B585-EF3AD062F897.jpeg
    B6C52F5F-D3F0-444E-B585-EF3AD062F897.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 7C963BBB-6541-4FD3-B019-5703E9E8B01B.jpeg
    7C963BBB-6541-4FD3-B019-5703E9E8B01B.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 2D356C30-72C7-4168-A664-8F0F2F7033CF.jpeg
    2D356C30-72C7-4168-A664-8F0F2F7033CF.jpeg
    560.5 KB · Views: 71
Booo! My Plaid delivery just got pushed back from Feb 9-Feb 23 to Feb 13-March 13. After seeing so many people get their VINs and earlier EDDs, I was getting excited. I guess I’ll just have to keep living vicariously through you all a little longer. ;)

I’m loving that new Charge Stats feature of the app though. Seems strange that they put all that work into allowing us to customize the peak and off-peak and seasonal rates but won’t let us add a decimal place to the price. I wonder how accurate it is and if it takes into account preconditioning and other power draws.

Some light asset in the mobile app was updated

Installed. I have a 2021 so that may be the reason, but I have no change in any light assets.

The charge stats are nice but I would like to customize the time frame shown - not just the 31 days that is has as its only option. I would like to replace Tessie in this area but Tessie allows the time frame to be customized and export the data.