Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just picked up my new S! My order was originally pre-refresh that I converted to the new model almost immediately after the announcement last February. The price went up $10K but they said they would give us a $2000 discount on the new model (ie now it's 8k) more expensive.

Well today they told me the offer expired 12/31/2021! I never changed my configuration, i never refused deliver, i never had a chance to buy one. This is the kind of stuff that doesn't surprise me about tesla 2022 vintage. Of course some of the people who have been working with me are trying to see if they can find a path to resolution.

The car is pretty great! Needs the front hood to be adjusted, the rear hatch needs a small adjustment, and a rocker panel is not quite in the right place. I have service scheduled in the future to address it.

Anyone have odds on whether they will honor their offer??
Yes, you will get that $2k.

I just sent an email to my new SA that took about five hours as I had to find a number of semi-hidden posts on this topic. I will escalate to expose Tesla's absurd policy as needed because, obviously, Tesla's senior leadership has either made a remarkably unfair and unacceptably poor decision, or they simply are unaware of this change made at a lower level within Tesla.

Let us assume the following is correct:

1. You placed an order prior to the refresh announcement.
2. You never deferred your order.
3. You were told/promised/learned of the $2k discount (on the $10k price increase), that you are eligible for, and that many other similarly situated buyers have received.
4. At no point has Tesla previously refused the $2k discount to every other eligible buyer.
5. However, Tesla now feels that because of THEIR chronic delays in production, instead of increasing the discount as a Goodwill gesture for your incredible patience, Tesla feels that stiffing you for $2k is acceptable, despite delays that had NOTHING to do with you.

On what friggin' planet does Policy Item #5 make any sense?

Elon: Please fix this STAT.

Yes, you will get that $2k.

I just sent an email to my new SA that took about five hours as I had to find a number of semi-hidden posts on this topic. I will escalate to expose Tesla's absurd policy as needed because, obviously, Tesla's senior leadership has either made a remarkably unfair and unacceptably poor decision, or they simply are unaware of this change made at a lower level within Tesla.

Let us assume the following is correct:

1. You placed an order prior to the refresh announcement.
2. You never deferred your order.
3. You were told/promised/learned of the $2k discount (on the $10k price increase), that you are eligible for, and that many other similarly situated buyers have received.
4. At no point has Tesla previously refused the $2k discount to every other eligible buyer.
5. However, Tesla now feels that because of THEIR chronic delays in production, instead of increasing the discount as a Goodwill gesture for your incredible patience, Tesla feels that stiffing you for $2k is acceptable, despite delays that had NOTHING to do with you.

On what friggin' planet does Policy Item #5 make any sense?

Elon: Please fix this STAT.
TSLA Pilot - thanks for your help. If you can bring in the troops that would be fantastic!
I can answer yes to all 5 of your statements above!
I would have gladly taken delivery at any point during the process - like all of us on here who are excited about the refreshed models!

Yes, all of that and more. Even have new half shafts. Still vibrates. Tesla throws hands in air after all that and now says it’s normal for the refreshed S….

“Come in, come all,” for half shaft fix that doesn’t! 🤣😘🤬
Uh, dude, it’s “come one, come all.” I don’t want it getting weird or anything.

The official written response after all of this work, tire/wheel swapping, multiple alignments, etc., was…. “It’s a normal characteristic of the Plaid model, specifically… no further repairs are recommended”. One can’t make this shite up!

@WilliamG
Have you driven any other Plaids? Do they perform in the same manner?