Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross post for ya’ll peepers… check out the final mod photos in this thread!

And just one teaser…

View attachment 771078
Nice! But, didn't you also get a passenger side when you ordered the car? Optional? 🤪

Never satisfied….

First it’s, “We need less blurry pictures.”, then it’s, “How could someone get the tails and not the headlights?”, now it’s “Great, got the headlights but why didn’t you get the vin?”

:p🤣
Don’t be silly…

Why didn’t he hang around till the owner came back, jump him and take off with the car?

I would've too tbh. I would've been like "HEY! WHY YOU DRIVING THAT CHINA TAILLIGHT CAR HERE IN THE US of A!?" 🤣
I’m sure that would have gone over well!

I’m wondering that since we haven’t seen an S Plaid yet, if the spoiler and black rear trim will be Plaid-specific (like the secret picture on Tesla’s site)? While I never liked the black trim going into the tail lights, I do like the color there to break up the paint.

Guess we’ll find out soon.

I’m sure that would have gone over well!

I’m wondering that since we haven’t seen an S Plaid yet, if the spoiler and black rear trim will be Plaid-specific (like the secret picture on Tesla’s site)? While I never liked the black trim going into the tail lights, I do like the color there to break up the paint.

Guess we’ll find out soon.
That's one of my biggest questions as well. If they do distinguish the Plaid from DM that way, it'll be amazing! It would make the car look really aggressive.

Reactions: WilliamG
That's one of my biggest questions as well. If they do distinguish the Plaid from DM that way, it'll be amazing! It would make the car look really aggressive.
Yep, would be my preference. Of course you could just wrap that piece, but… since you touch there to open the trunk it would be better if it were factory black. That said, that trim could be bright pink for all I care if it means new headlights and tail lights.

Come on, Tesla. Let’s do this!

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yep, would be my preference. Of course you could just wrap that piece, but… since you touch there to open the trunk it would be better if it were factory black. That said, that trim could be bright pink for all I care if it means new headlights and tail lights.

Come on, Tesla. Let’s do this!
Agreed. IMO, if it's body colored, then it's a clean look, and if it's black, it's an aggressive look! So win-win in my book.

Yeah totally! I'm hoping we'll see them soon, being that we've had 2 sightings within the last 6 days.

Maybe they will unveil or talk about the new S changes at Giga Fest?
Not to be too harsh lol, but I'd give that a <0.01% chance of that happening. First, the new lights will be a running change, so it'd be similar to using the Plaid event to talk about a Model 3 change. Very unrelated, and the new lights are very minor in the grand scheme of things.
2nd, S and X aren't even made at Texas, and likely will never be. So it makes no sense to talk about Fremont made cars at an event for Texas.🙂

375 miles of range now for LR?!? When did they update this from 405 previously?

1645333480804.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have a new EDD of March 9-31st. After passing on my last one, I didn’t know if I’d be assigned another one or not. I never heard from my sales advisor or delivery advisor after rejecting the Model S this week.

I think I could have been talked into taking it. All it would have taken is any of the following comments:

That car is a total peacock! 🦚
That’s the nicest looking Model S I’ve ever seen!​
That car is totally your vibe—good-looking, smart and expensive!​
If you take it today, we’ll give you free supercharging for life.​
Let me get someone from service to adjust that door panel.​