Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s amazing the kind of ego stroking luxury dealerships have conditioned us to.
From what I am reading here and elsewhere, it would be nice if when your new car arrives and is removed from the trailer, someone is assigned to go over it bumper to bumper fixing small things and listing others in an open and sincere transaction. It should not be the customer's job to do QC in the first 24 hours of ownership, after fulfilling their end by paying full price for the car. Just goes to show the power of supply and DEMAND!

From what I am reading here and elsewhere, it would be nice if when your new car arrives and is removed from the trailer, someone is assigned to go over it bumper to bumper fixing small things and listing others in an open and sincere transaction. It should not be the customer's job to do QC in the first 24 hours of ownership, after fulfilling their end by paying full price for the car. Just goes to show the power of supply and DEMAND!
From what you are reading? 😂. I can only attest to my own experience. The Delivery team did go thoroughly over my car before handing it over. Everything was there, there were no major issues. No more small issues than any other new car I ever purchased.

From what you are reading? 😂. I can only attest to my own experience. The Delivery team did go thoroughly over my car before handing it over. Everything was there, there were no major issues. No more small issues than any other new car I ever purchased.
That is nice to hear and the way it should be. I must wait till the end of March to see whatever I find.

Anyone know the answers?

That is nice to hear and the way it should be. I must wait till the end of March to see whatever I find.
I think it depends on your delivery location. I wasn’t pressured into signing anything before inspecting the car. I had an advisor unlock it for me. I had a microfiber towel with me and I used it to clean up the detail residue.

I hope that you have a helpful delivery person and that your delivery goes smoothly @Donsla MS .

I finally took delivery of my car today after 8 mon and 10 days wait. Car is amazing as I am coming from 2018 MS 100D.
Beautiful car and ride! The car did not have any major issues except the following:
  • I got Pirelli Summer tires. So I put that in my service ticket and asked them to give AS tires. The ticket said they may do it on Feb 22nd. We will see.
  • There was a paint chip on right rear passenger door. I took pic and uploaded and put in a ticket for that too. The only thing is I cannot do the PPF at least that part until Tesla take care of that. That's a bummer.
  • The Tesla applique had imperfections and they said they will replace it. I put in a ticket for that too.
I have attached pics for the chip and my car.
I drove on local since it was just 5 miles instead of highway. I was able to set the mirrors, music everything while driving or sitting in traffic light. Super easy. Yoke is not a problem at all as I did not notice much of a difference. When i had to reverse park on my driveway definitely as there is some learning as I had to adjust the direction on the touchscreen an turn. Definitely, if a car was parked directly in front of my driveway on the opposite side could be harder on our narrow urban streets. Learning curve I guess.

I have one question- I had only key fobs in my previous two MS so key cards are new to me. When I connected my key card the Tesla app under Security says that it is connecting to my phone and indicates "Phone Key -Connecting". Never seen that before. Is that normal? I have an option to select under the app "Forget this vehicle." But that will remove all phone key features. Any help will be appreciated. TIA

PXL_20220220_221421159.jpgPXL_20220220_212544970.jpgPXL_20220220_204523233.jpgScreenshot_20220220-192955.png

MSLR RN1160 VIN471 ordered Nov 2021
SoCal pick up of a beautiful blue, cream interior with 19" wheels. I'd never been in a tesla before ordering this sight unseen. It's gorgeous! Yoke, turn signals and horn just took a few minutes of practice. 4 defects noted and service scheduled: broken tail light lense, misaligned panels in bed of hatch, bare dust nib showing white on hatch, some strap scratches on hatch glass. Everything else is flawless. Rest of paint perfect, gaps perfect, rubber perfect, wheels perfect, interior all perfect. Single peddle driving is awesome! Excellent car. Now to remove the front license plate holder and apply PPF (clear Suntek) myself.

Last edited: