Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, went to Santa Monica Sunday, and by the time I got the family out of the house, no parking anywhere except at the SuC.

Never one to turn down free electrons, I charged a bit and walked 300 feet to the Store.

Therein, was a new Plaid, black on black, MF, did not get the full VIN, but might have been 47+

The paint was perfect, no obvious issues except the whole left rear door was too high, and moderate seat wrinkles.

No Carioke, but some trunk covers.

With my EDD 10 weeks away, how likely is it that the various deficiencies will be fixed by then?

My guess, is not at all. Elon has moved on and is focused on GF openings and Starship, what little time he has left now will be taken up with the new redhead starlet GF half his age. (Glad for him not a hairdresser named Tiffany)

Model S is firmly in his past, imo. What might get some attention is the failing scroll wheel compressors and possibly the Vibration issue.

Saw a older nose cone like mine with chrome delete and a plaid badge. Only looked cheesy from 10 feet away.

D74E2016-A56A-44B1-A6F7-0AEAD72B66AC.png

View attachment 772177

Please please be true and hope I get it for my March EDD!

Becoming an addict to TMC as I think I check this site for news on new lights more than I check for EDD. (And doing so while sitting in a bus in Chichen Itza, Mexico)

Last edited:
Anything that needs to be done to car before trade in with tesla? Do I need to make take it in and see if there are any recalls that need to be done? how much do they go over it? Online looks just like basic info. The car is in good shape just want to make sure I don't get denied trading it in because of some reason.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Anything that needs to be done to car before trade in with tesla? Do I need to make take it in and see if there are any recalls that need to be done? how much do they go over it? Online looks just like basic info. The car is in good shape just want to make sure I don't get denied trading it in because of some reason.
Have traded in two cars with Tesla, very easy, no questions asked, don’t think they even took time to look them over other than to check mileage, you should be fine.

They do not need shut the factory lines down for a few part changes. If the lines are shut down I’m sure it’s for other reasons.

Are we starting the 4680 rumor?

I’m still happy that I took delivery last week. Car is flawless, no vibration issues, and the taillights look better than the new sugar. The matrix headlights would have been nice, but I had to move on with my life!

I can sense the fear.