Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt it, but I really wonder if that cross bar on the trunk is going to have the same issues that the Scion cars hard. I doubt it, but that is all it reminds me of.
iu
Well, on white, I suspect it will yellow over time - or not match the painted metal. Similar to the bumper color mismatch issue.

I doubt it, but I really wonder if that cross bar on the trunk is going to have the same issues that the Scion cars hard. I doubt it, but that is all it reminds me of.
I'll bet it is held on with the same 3M HB/VHB foam tape. Imagine a aftermarket CF part to match the spoiler, and raised Tesla lettering in chrome.

I'll bet it is held on with the same 3M HB/VHB foam tape. Imagine a aftermarket CF part to match the spoiler, and raised Tesla lettering in chrome.
Now that you mention it, that raised "T E S L A" is removed. Never noticed (or looked) for it previously. I still stand by my other comment then that cross bar should have just been entirely integrated into the trunk.

Maybe its the angle, but not liking the gap on the side of the bar either....

View attachment 772966
OK, here's the worst rear end bar in automobiles today. This is coming directly from me and I'm an authority on automotive rear ends, as well as other rear ends, come to think of it. Sawyer will definitely quote this post.

I hate this crappy looking chrome bar on the new E.. I hate how it cuts off at the trunk lid, I hate how it's completely incongruent to the car. It looks like the laziest way to add a worthless thing that I've ever seen.

Why am I so anti-E today I wonder?

1645643142653.png

Now that you mention it, that raised "T E S L A" is removed. Never noticed (or looked) for it previously. I still stand by my other comment then that cross bar should have just been entirely integrated into the trunk.
But, that would cost more (Tooling) initially....so I guess that idea, if floated, did not go far..

OK, here's the worst rear end bar in automobiles today. This is coming directly from me and I'm an authority on automotive rear ends, as well as other rear ends, come to think of it. Sawyer will definitely quote this post.

I hate this crappy looking chrome bar on the new E.. I hate how it cuts off at the trunk lid, I hate how it's completely incongruent to the car. It looks like the laziest way to add a worthless thing that I've ever seen.

View attachment 772968
I saw this today and all I could think of was "who gave this Toyota a big fat lower lip"
2020-Toyota-Four-Runner-Exterior-1.jpg

View attachment 772968

Perhaps to match the S class? Except now that you made me look, wife's car has a mismatch to rival the MS...

Attachments

• 1645644485642208793390318215286.jpg
    1645644485642208793390318215286.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 43
I actually like the less busy look. It seems to me it's still recognizable as a MS and I like the more modern taillights. I'm kinda sticking with the idea that once it's out and we see them regularly, it'll look cleaner and more modern and I'll like it better.
This is always what happens. I'm even noticing that I'm getting used to the gaping-wipe grilles on the new BMWs, and I thought I *never* would.

This is always what happens. I'm even noticing that I'm getting used to the gaping-wipe grilles on the new BMWs, and I thought I *never* would.
Agreed. I hated BMW's styling recently (5ish years), then MB went super boring and uninspiring, and now somehow I'm coming back around to the BMW styling. I'm also not a fan of Porsche's current styling with the huge black horizontal pieces of plastic across the front and back of everything in standard trim.