Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will someone please take delivery of one of these re re re freshed Model S cars?! We need production delivered pictures of front, rear and charge port (open and closed) ASAP as these internet rumored photos just don’t cut it. Tesla can possible release production cars with this kind of crap, right? Right?
Hey, I'm trying my best here! :p

2/27-3/27 EDD

I heard that Model S is now getting the Matrix Headlight any chances of retrofit the Plaids without one ?
TL;DR is that it's technically feasible but unlikely to be offered - although even if it was, the part cost for one headlight is likely to be north of $2500 (as that's around what the current ones are). The cost of paying Tesla to retrofit would be far more expensive than just buying a new car and selling the old one.

Edit to add: Personally, I'm looking forward to the new lights when I buy another Model S in 3-4 years from now, although if I get bored and want a project I might source some from a junkyard a year or two from now.

makes the back look super plain with the body color crossbar, kind of a bummer.
When I picked up my white/white LR last weekend, the FIRST thing my wife did when she walked around the back was point at the black bar across the rear/into the lights and say "I really like that bar. It complements the black part of the bottom of the bumper back there".

And she's not even really into cars..

I was just about to post this. It's on both sides. Reminds me of the vents on the Toyota Camry, although those are intentional and I'm not sure these are intentional 😬

Na it's either lighting or just something else. The red one has no such issue, and it looks EXCELLENT. I'm excited for this change.

Attachments

• 7f03b746-2377-46a7-b9bf-9104e729b40e-jpeg.768778.jpg
    7f03b746-2377-46a7-b9bf-9104e729b40e-jpeg.768778.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 104