Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order number is RN1151. Originally placed order for a long range in June 2020. I have a Vin # with delivery next week. I’m debating on giving up this vin number and placing a hold for 2 weeks. I’d prefer getting the new headlights and taillights.

How long do you guys think it would be until I’m reassigned a new vin?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My order number is RN1151. Originally placed order for a long range in June 2020. I have a Vin # with delivery next week. I’m debating on giving up this vin number and placing a hold for 2 weeks. I’d prefer getting the new headlights and taillights.

Not even the monkey knows...

But likely very soon. But the new VIN will likely have the old stuff...that virtually nobody wants. So expect that, or someone else's reject.

So I read or saw somewhere. O-60 slightly less in the plaid, in chill mode.

I spend a lot of time in chill, like 99.999%
Wait, so you just keep the accelerator flat to the floor everywhere and let the car determine the increase of speed and overall velocity? Therefore It matters the performance difference between various years of Chill mode?

That’s a sweet style. 😆

Not even the monkey knows...

But likely very soon. But the new VIN will likely have the old stuff...that virtually nobody wants. So expect that, or someone else's reject.
For a while there it looked like rejects always went to inventory and there was a lot of gripping about that on these pages. Right now, I'd rather not be offered someone else's reject although I'm likely to accept it.

Wait, so you just keep the accelerator flat to the floor everywhere and let the car determine the increase and speed and overall velocity? Therefore It matters the performance difference between various years of Chill mode?

That’s a sweet style. 😆

That would be the case with driving the daughter's 2003 Prius. The CVT really has two speeds, ON and Regen.

So slow and ugly I don't even get coal rolled.

But with the DM MS, even in chill, the instant torque means I can beat most cars off the line and across the intersection if they are not paying attention.

In the MS, 100% pedal required perhaps about once per 500 miles or so.

Although it would be cool to have a Plaid, I think most would not be using the power all that much. I could rent one on Turo for many days a year and be way ahead over buying.

For a while there it looked like rejects always went to inventory and there was a lot of gripping about that on these pages. Right now, I'd rather not be offered someone else's reject although I'm likely to accept it.

If you are going to delay, and a current Tesla owner, reach out to the Tesla Loyalty Advisor and defer as long as they will let you.

Delivery Saturday, called the SC, long hold time. So they called me back. I do not believe this individual was local. Felt as though he was reading off a script. Advised I’m over 120 days past my order date, a hold is not possible. Rejecting this Vin would likely put the order at risk of being canceled. About 30 minutes later my service advisor called, the car scheduled for delivery on Saturday not available until mid to late next week. He could release the vin however, I ”could” just be reassigned another vin within a day or so. He also made clear if I reject this car any rejections moving forward would result in order cancellation. He claimed very few LR remain so my next match should be the refresh. He advised my wait could stretch into the mid to late summer as exports of the S start soon. Have to think on this on ugh. I inquired about why the delay, he agreed to call me back once he found out more.

If you are going to delay, and a current Tesla owner, reach out to the Tesla Loyalty Advisor and defer as long as they will let you.
I think you're the owner who has talked about Daniel as a loyalty advisor but I was contacted by a different lady advisor to place my current order. Can't remember her name and did not save her number.

Delivery Saturday, called the SC, long hold time. So they called me back. I do not believe this individual was local. Felt as though he was reading off a script. Advised I’m over 120 days past my order date, a hold is not possible. Rejecting this Vin would likely put the order at risk of being canceled. About 30 minutes later my service advisor called, the car scheduled for delivery on Saturday not available until mid to late next week. He could release the vin however, I ”could” just be reassigned another vin within a day or so. He also made clear if I reject this car any rejections moving forward would result in order cancellation. He claimed very few LR remain so my next match should be the refresh. He advised my wait could stretch into the mid to late summer as exports of the S start soon. Have to think on this on ugh. I inquired about why the delay, he agreed to call me back once he found out more.

We, the long suffering on this thread, know what SA stands for.

Seldom Accurate

Call the Tesla Loyalty Advisor

I rejected my VIN in Dec 2nd week and haven't yet received a new VIN. More than 2 months of wait, and I'm in the bay area. So, it really depends, since I've seen others get their new VINs fairly quicker.

I rejected my VIN in Dec 2nd week and haven't yet received a new VIN. More than 2 months of wait, and I'm in the bay area. So, it really depends, since I've seen others get their new VINs fairly quicker.

Curious...did you reject or just place the order on hold?

I did a hold in late Jan. I was able to name my hold date, but warned by a Seldom Accurate, that I could be asked to take delivery before my hold date.

I don't doubt that the guidance on holds is changing, but I feel that MS and MX orders will be given more wiggle room.

A lot of players on the M3/MY orders trying to delay so they can flip new cars at a profit.

I think you're the owner who has talked about Daniel as a loyalty advisor but I was contacted by a different lady advisor to place my current order. Can't remember her name and did not save her number.
That would be me. I passed Daniel’s contact info to a number of members off thread. Stopped as I can imagine he’s probably not too pleased with me now about it all. More work for him. He follows through on everything. Though he was quite gracious about it last time we spoke prior to wife’s MYP delivery last month.

Last edited:
That would be the case with driving the daughter's 2003 Prius. The CVT really has two speeds, ON and Regen.

So slow and ugly I don't even get coal rolled.

But with the DM MS, even in chill, the instant torque means I can beat most cars off the line and across the intersection if they are not paying attention.

In the MS, 100% pedal required perhaps about once per 500 miles or so.

Although it would be cool to have a Plaid, I think most would not be using the power all that much. I could rent one on Turo for many days a year and be way ahead over buying.
If you’re going to spend much time driving around in Chill mode it doesn’t make sense to buy a Plaid. LR’s are plenty fast. I’ve had my Plaid for about 7 months and feel it would almost be sacrilegious to use Chill mode. 😃 Of course I’m not concerned about battery range.

If you’re going to spend much time driving around in Chill mode it doesn’t make sense to buy a Plaid. LR’s are plenty fast. I’ve had my Plaid for about 7 months and feel it would almost be sacrilegious to use Chill mode. 😃 Of course I’m not concerned about battery range.
Yes! Going to floor the damn thing every morning to get my spirits juiced!