Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I reactivated my order this week and I already have a VIN slated to deliver next week. I'm assuming this VIN is not a refresh as I believe the number is too low. 5YJSA1E63NF468239. That has to end with 472*** to be the "refresh" headlights right?
That's probably a reject.

This would have been my fear if I hadn't taken delivery 2 weeks ago -- that I would "unfreeze" only to get paired with two straight rejects and have Tesla tell me "take it or leave it" on the second one.

Last edited:
That's probably a reject.

This would have been my fear if I hadn't taken delivery 2 weeks ago -- that I would "unfreeze" only to get paired with two straight rejects and have Tesla tell me "take it or leave it" on the second one.
Just got my VIN VIN 5YJSA1E59NF472xxx an hour ago, the SA doesn't want to confirm if it's new light or old, what do your guys think, this has the refresh light or not?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ask your SA for build date, headlights type (ask whether it's "Global" or "premium"; global is the one you want), and also ask if there's radar or not. No radar is the one.
During the call the SA refused to go to the lot to check for me, but when texting later to SA line, they replied it has the latest hardware", so I assume I should have the refresh,

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
During the call the SA refused to go to the lot to check for me, but when texting later to SA line, they replied it has the latest hardware", so I assume I should have the refresh,
If you can get into touch with them again, try and ask the latter two things I mentioned. That'll tell you for sure.😄
Unfortunately, SAs sometimes say anything it takes just to get you to accept the car. So that's why I'm recommending asking very specific questions.😃

True, that could happen, but it's worth a try.
Got the SA
Ask your SA for build date, headlights type (ask whether it's "Global" or "premium"; global is the one you want), and also ask if there's radar or not. No radar is the one.
SA said the car is not in the lot yet, that's why she can't go out to check, but when I asked further about build date, she checked and told me the built date was 2/28.

Have you tried the factory reset trick? (Sometimes it clears the error for a little while allowing you to charge it higher.)

If you are trading it in you will want to factory reset it anyhow.
So I did factory reset and it charged up to 23....:( Tesla called me this afternoon to confirm my home delivery on Friday and asked about the trade-in since they had a chance to review the service history(??!!!!)...Well didn't you guys do this when you gave me my trade-in offer two weeks ago??? Which by the way if you're giving me $16,900 for it, I would assume this would take into account a refurb battery needed of $12k ($28.9k is low but acceptable for a used 2013 MS)....They also said it has to be in working order when they drive it back to the factory from my home (which is 21 miles away!)I had thought they were going to deliver my new car on a tow truck, not have someone drive it to me...wth?? ....So I've rescheduled for Saturday pick up at the factory, and I will have the car towed to about a mile away and then drive it in with 20 miles on it....Getting really irritated at this whole process since I know this problem with the battery started before the warranty ended last September but because I couldn't get appointments and wasn't really driving that much I just let it go....🤬

Ask and we shall receive (over from FB). Looks like it's individual LEDs but very tight together.

275225578_10161583941318712_517501721299811466_n.jpg
275178162_10161583941523712_8457329775453686463_n.jpg

Last edited: