Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla came in $10 to $20K under offers I was getting last June and was at the $20K mark on when I sold it privately. I actually regret not holding on to it further into the fall. Sure I missed out on the sales tax aspect, but I allocated monthly to pay that in a lump sum at delivery.
Late summer values were insanely high. My car was appraising at $84K at one point, but now it's down to ~$70K.

In February Mannheim auctions recorded the first decline in vehicle prices since August. The decline was only 2.2% though and used car prices are still 32% higher year of year.

There's a good chance prices head back up again with all the disruption in the world. VW has had to stop production of some EV's and ICE vehicles due to the Ukraine situation. The chip shortage may have version 2.0 around the corner as well due to the Ukraine. And also, springtime usually drives vehicle prices up.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
In February Mannheim auctions recorded the first decline in vehicle prices since August. The decline was only 2.2% though and used car prices are still 32% higher year of year.

There's a good chance prices head back up again with all the disruption in the world. VW has had to stop production of some EV's and ICE vehicles due to the Ukraine situation. The chip shortage may have version 2.0 around the corner as well due to the Ukraine. And also, springtime usually drives vehicle prices up.
And with gas prices at an all time high people are looking to get into EVs

I was the one assigned a VIN on Feb19th (built date of Feb14th) where I asked them to unmatch the VIN as I want the refresh lights. On Feb23rd I removed the hold from my account as it was clear that new lights are now in production. Since then, my EDD range of 21days has shrunk to 10 days (No VIN yet). As soon as I get in the EDD window, the second day of it, the start date pushes back by 3/4 days. Although my end date is still revolving around March 20. Hopefully VIN is not far away.

Another data point.
Virtually same experience for me.

Built 2/14. Declined in favor of new lights. Originally was June - July EDD but now 3/25-3/31. Hoping it’s a new build with refreshed lights.

Stopped by the local Tesla spot to check on new lights. They look good in person. One S and a few X on the lot. Guess I forgot the front picture but we all know what it looks like. This was a 4725 VIN

Attachments

• 4253DB04-D01D-4108-BA80-8D2AC56C24FB.jpeg
    4253DB04-D01D-4108-BA80-8D2AC56C24FB.jpeg
    885.7 KB · Views: 133
Stopped by the local Tesla spot to check on new lights. They look good in person. One S and a few X on the lot. Guess I forgot the front picture but we all know what it looks like. This was a 4725 VIN
I'm definitely liking the new lights. I knew over time I would, but I'm already there. I think it looks cleaned up and more modern.

No sign of vibration in my MSLR I just picked up last week...
Question about the "vibration". When I go FULL throttle from a standstill or near standstill, I get what feels like the front end getting light and the steering gets a tad squirrely(minor, very minor). Briefly. But I cant say its the notable vibration that many speak of. Or am I confused and I actually do have "vibration"?

At all other times...say going 50mph then flooring it...nothing but total smoothness.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You’re almost guaranteed to sell you current car for more than what tesla has valued it at. Plus now you have some time to sell it
On that note, we just had a good outcome the sale of our very low mileage MS Performance on CarsandBids.com, at a much higher than Tesla's "WE HATE TRADE-INS/ESPECIALLY WITH FSD/PLEASE TAKE YOUR GARBAGE USED TESLA AWAY FROM HERE" trade-in offer. Of course, we double-paid taxes on this transaction--taxes on the "old" car we sold, and full taxes (no credit) on the new Tesla we purchased.

More hassle than just doing a trade-in, of course, but a far better deal financially, even with the loss of the sales tax credit.

Another data point from late January: on another MS purchase we traded-in a 2020 MS Perf, with about 7k miles, 21" Arachnid wheel upgrade, and FSD, for a whopping, wait for it: $83.5k.

Tesla sold it for low six-figures about two weeks later, but at least we weren't screwed out of the sales tax benefit on the trade-in, so there's that. Let's be generous and assume it cost them $2k to "refurbish" the car (washing it, perhaps a new tire), that leaves about $20k pure profit for Tesla, just on our trade-in. (BTW, we're still awaiting our $2k back from those of us that ordered back in 2020--I guess Tesla feels that some buyers get it, and "We'll just screw the others." Thanks Tesla--that's so fair!)

Tesla: love the products, but learning to hate the company . . . they seem to enjoy bending over repeat customers, especially those that have been strongly supporting them since the early days. I guess it's just business to them.

Last edited: