Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was it painful? I've seen him live twice..... :) But he's gotten so much better over the years. I think he is more comfortable with himself and his kookiness is kind of endearing now.

True. Aside from the fashion show, I don’t this he said much of anything - even after being on stage talking for nearly 30 minutes. Oh well, guess I was looking for some information that was new.

Oh awesome to hear! No guarantees lol, but you've absolutely maximized your chances of getting the new lights! :)
So, finally I have a VIN assigned NF476 and EDD is 4/15-4/25. I believe waiting till Mar 11/12 did indeed maximize the chances of getting the new lights (ahem...hinges!!!) Thanks everyone who chimed in!!

This will be my second Tesla (replacing a 2017 MS 75d) but am even more excited now...haha!! Now need to book appointments for Ceramic Coat/Tint/shop for accessories......:);)

I spent the sunny afternoon installing a concealed front forward facing camera that Tesla forgot to install in my vibrating Plaid…. Wanted a UI toggle for the camera so I tapped the 12v switched from the driver’s side fog light. Now can can see where the air dam is when parking, face first! Ignore the “Model 3” frame on my Plaid, it’s just temporary! 🤣

View attachment 791157
View attachment 791156
Nice job. And a sunny day on top of it. What’s the main concern you have? Is it running into something with your bumper or running over those wheel stops that are everywhere.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hints, such as…..
Giga Texas will be the largest battery factory in the future. (Meaning TeraWatt scale long term; INSANITY).

4680 line at Texas already in production.

The 1 million+ cars (from either 1 or 2 lines; he didn't clarify), which is INSANITY. No one has anything like that!

There will be a dedicated Robotaxi, that will look "quite futuristic". (Likely will be made of stainless steel and look crazy with no steering wheel).

"Cool stuff" that they haven't even talked about. Coming after next year. Who knows that that will be!

Bot coming next year. (Even if it's delayed a year it's still WAY earlier then I was expecting).

There is "no other truck" after CT. That's insane. And no hesitations when mentioning timelines for CT, suggesting major confidence in the timelines.

The constant iteration of "massive scale", and "scale that no other company has ever achieved in the history of humanity".

And more! :)

Last edited:
Installed the Jupiter Spoiler from rpmtesla on my LR. Looks decent I guess. What do you folks think?

Attachments

• 20220407_172009.jpg
    20220407_172009.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 20220407_171953.jpg
    20220407_171953.jpg
    939.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 20220407_172003.jpg
    20220407_172003.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
  • 20220407_172459.jpg
    20220407_172459.jpg
    953.1 KB · Views: 116
Giga Texas will be the largest battery factory in the future. (Meaning TeraWatt scale long term; INSANITY).

4680 line at Texas already in production.

The 1 million+ cars (from either 1 or 2 lines; he didn't clarify), which is INSANITY. No one has anything like that!

There will be a dedicated Robotaxi, that will look "quite futuristic". (Likely will be made of stainless steel and look crazy with no steering wheel).

"Cool stuff" that they haven't even talked about. Coming after next year. Who knows that that will be!

Bot coming next year. (Even if it's delayed a year it's still WAY earlier then I was expecting).

There is "no other truck" after CT. That's insane. And no hesitations when mentioning timelines for CT, suggesting major confidence in the timelines.

The constant iteration of "massive scale", and "scale that no other company has ever achieved in the history of humanity".

And more! :)
Yes, the battery production, scale and mass production volumes were all good (and just what Wall Street wants to here 😂). When CT flashed up on the screen, he tried to move quickly past it, but struggled as the slides continued. When it rolled out on the stage, all the talk was about not bringing the sledge hammer or shot put… we we did get promised that we would see that next time! Loved the drone performance prior to his “appearance”.

Yes, the battery production, scale and mass production volumes were all good (and just what Wall Street wants to here 😂). When CT flashed up on the screen, he tried to move quickly past it, but struggled as the slides continued. When it rolled out on the stage, all the talk was about not bringing the sledge hammer or shot put… we we did get promised that we would see that next time! Loved the drone performance prior to his “appearance”.
LOL I don't think it's what Wall Street wants to hear lol. If it was let me just say we wouldn't be at the valuation we are at. Stock market has not woken up yet to how much scale he means.

Yes this was truly amazing. SUPER good B roll, great music, the whole thing! I loved it!

That is extremely annoying. An estimate shouldn’t be constantly moved. Do they really not understand their own processes well enough? I’ll tell you, I like Tesla and the technological advances it’s afforded us, but when everyone else is mainstream electric, they’re going to have to improve their customer experience.

I posted this in the model s problems thread, but figured I'd post here as well since traffic in this thread is high..

Ever since updating to 2022.8.3 a few days ago, noticed that when I exit my car (2022 LR S) now, its as if the car doesnt recognize the fact that Ive..exited the car. At night, headlights/tail ligts remain on, audio still is playing inside, dash and MCU still lit, door handles remain out. Even after I've walked away into the house. (When I check on the car several mins later, the car has finally shut off/door handles have retracted). Ive done a scroll wheel reboot, with no improvement.

This was not the behavior before this upgrade.

Anyone else experience this?

So, finally I have a VIN assigned NF476 and EDD is 4/15-4/25. I believe waiting till Mar 11/12 did indeed maximize the chances of getting the new lights (ahem...hinges!!!) Thanks everyone who chimed in!!

This will be my second Tesla (replacing a 2017 MS 75d) but am even more excited now...haha!! Now need to book appointments for Ceramic Coat/Tint/shop for accessories......:);)
LR? With Vins starting to pop up, hoping Fremont has started shipping the cars out again.