Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the baby tinted and ceramic coated, passed on PPF this go round as don't plan on keeping this car behind the release of the Cybertruck :3

Did meet an ahole Porsche owner at the shop though, he came in talking trash about why "dumb" tesla owners even bother trying to protect them.
When I was like "well that's MY Tesla, so not sure why you're talking s*** about a $100k car?"
Proceeded to look at me in disgust and started pointing out the few alignment issues and how Tesla owners are just "wanna be environmentalists SaViNg ThE PlAnEt"

Wanted to pull a Will Smith on him, but then I'd get in trouble -_-* Forgot why I never wanted to buy a porsche, and now I remember why. Didn't want to be a part of the dbag cultist group. Why can't people just be nice :(

Also, my appointment for the misaligned goofy headlights is this coming Monday. Hoping they also have my missing trunk shelf cover.

Attachments

• 20220406_175046 (1).jpg
    20220406_175046 (1).jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 116
Got the baby tinted and ceramic coated, passed on PPF this go round as don't plan on keeping this car behind the release of the Cybertruck :3

Did meet an ahole Porsche owner at the shop though, he came in talking trash about why "dumb" tesla owners even bother trying to protect them.
When I was like "well that's MY Tesla, so not sure why you're talking s*** about a $100k car?"
Proceeded to look at me in disgust and started pointing out the few alignment issues and how Tesla owners are just "wanna be environmentalists SaViNg ThE PlAnEt"

Wanted to pull a Will Smith on him, but then I'd get in trouble -_-* Forgot why I never wanted to buy a porsche, and now I remember why. Didn't want to be a part of the dbag cultist group. Why can't people just be nice :(

Also, my appointment for the misaligned goofy headlights is this coming Monday. Hoping they also have my missing trunk shelf cover.
Glad you kept your cool. As will smith should have done. You are the better man.

I had a a few porches over the last 10 years. Not sure why anyone cares so strongly about a car.

Good man, @DFWBrad !

My dream as a kid was to own a new Porsche. Never happened. I grew out of it. :)

Saw a currwnt 911 Carrera GTS up close yesterday. Nice. But no way would I take that over any S.

The gaps in our panels are nothing compared to those between our cars 0-60. :)

That being said, I would never bad mouth someone else’s car. At least not in person. J/k.

A Tesla virtual service advisor reached out to me about my repair request and changed it from mobile to the service center due to the video I sent him of the light pattern. He said the lights configure automatically, but in front of a special wall. He also ordered a replacement light just in case. That's next Wednesday.

My best friends live in the Dallas Metroplex; One of them owns Climate Doctors and he has had the first Tesla of anyone I have met. I lived there for 12 years and had to deal with dbags like that guy. Fortunately, most people in Dallas are wonderful people. I personally love Porsche and am considering getting one as a second vehicle. Their fit and finish are top-notch, The fact that you can choose the color of every little detail from the stitching to the seatbelt is pretty darn impressive. I'm happy you got your Tesla, I am still waiting for mine and haven't had a car since September of 2021 (I take uber or borrow my wife's car when she is home). Don't hate the car, hate the ahole; Porsche is innocent in all this. :)

Just came back from a SoCal Tesla center. They said they had 0 new cars come in this week. The SA also said my EDD says 06/23 on their end. But they mentioned that it was due to be done with production on 06/23, not delivery on that date. My Tesla app says 6/12 - 7/24
Computer might say that. But that far out they have no idea when it will be produced. Anything more than 1 month is a total crap shoot. Even less than month is often a crap shoot. Only time it starts to get solid is when a VIN is assigned. And those can be vulnerable too.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I spent the sunny afternoon installing a concealed front forward facing camera that Tesla forgot to install in my vibrating Plaid…. Wanted a UI toggle for the camera so I tapped the 12v switched from the driver’s side fog light. Now can can see where the air dam is when parking, face first! Ignore the “Model 3” frame on my Plaid, it’s just temporary! 🤣

935392A7-A92B-412B-BD30-C921E4CE23DA.jpeg

C44A52DF-74EB-46D6-A8BC-0AB1A2CC018D.jpeg

I spent the sunny afternoon installing a concealed front forward facing camera that Tesla forgot to install in my vibrating Plaid…. Wanted a UI toggle for the camera so I tapped the 12v switched from the driver’s side fog light. Now can can see where the air dam is when parking, face first! Ignore the “Model 3” frame on my Plaid, it’s just temporary! 🤣

View attachment 791157
View attachment 791156
Nice job. Is the screen wireless or wired?

The Vibrating issue isn't bugging you, is it? ;) That was a good part of the reason I traded in my X.

No front plate bracket on my baby. Let's see how long my luck holds.

You should really post a separate thread on this. I suspect others not in the "Delivery" thread would be interested.

Nice job. Is the screen wireless or wired?

The Vibrating issue isn't bugging you, is it? ;) That was a good part of the reason I traded in my X.

No front plate bracket on my baby. Let's see how long my luck holds.

You should really post a separate thread on this. I suspect others not in the "Delivery" thread would be interested.
@mswlogo 12v powered, wireless digital high frame rate video. Not mounted to the license plate bracket, but rather mounted via 3M double-sided tape in the air intake area.

Re posting it here, yeah right. If people can post pages about fictitious new hinges, I’m posting once about this for those that may be interested, and because the camera is mounted on a hinge!

@mswlogo 12v powered, wireless digital high frame rate video. Not mounted to the license plate bracket, but rather mounted via 3M double-sided tape in the air intake area.

Re posting it here, yeah right. If people can post pages about fictitious new hinges, I’m posting once about this for those that may be interested, and because the camera is mounted on a hinge!
I know you didn't mount on license plate bracket. I'm commenting that it's too nice looking to have one, yank it off, if you dare risk it, some states are riskier than others for sure ;)

Share your project. This will scroll off in a day never to been seen again.