Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's enough smart people who screen grabbed and filed the MVPA and order page where it said the MC was included, I don't think Tesla would go that route.
They need to increase prices soon. This is just a low impact way of putting that off another month or so.

It's all about the share price. In their view, MS/MX/CT order holders are just "useful idiots"
Did a contract document actually say a mobile connector was included? I thought the Tesla mobile connector was always just thrown in there.

Can that be inferred to be the J1772 adapter?

Current car documents and 2019 MVPA do not say anything about one being included.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Did a contract document actually say a mobile connector was included? I thought the Tesla mobile connector was always just thrown in there.

Can that be inferred to be the J1772 adapter?

Current car documents and 2019 MVPA do not say anything about one being included.
I don’t see it mentioned in the actual Motor Vehicle Order Agreement for vehicle configuration, so they are okay legally. But, they should honor what they advertised when we placed the order. This only further Tesla’s reputation as a non customer service focused company.

Reactions: aerodyne
Ordered a Model S a year ago and awaiting delivery. Was unaware that it would not have a steering wheel at that time. Love our 2015 S. Hesitate to take delivery of the new one without driving an S with a yoke beforehand. Yoke controls seem pretty complicated. Tesla doesn't seem to have one to test drive in the Seattle area. Any thoughts?

Ordered a Model S a year ago and awaiting delivery. Was unaware that it would not have a steering wheel at that time. Love our 2015 S. Hesitate to take delivery of the new one without driving an S with a yoke beforehand. Yoke controls seem pretty complicated. Tesla doesn't seem to have one to test drive in the Seattle area. Any thoughts?
We’ve all been there. Most are ok with the Yoke.

I would check out the other threads on this forum that deal specifically with the Yoke. You’ll get more than enough opinions on the matter.

I don’t find it useless at all. To me it’s like buying any rechargeable device. It needs to come with a means to charge it. At my convenience.

I use mine every day. Have been driving Teslas since ‘17.

Charge wife’s at home nightly with one of our multiple WCs. Charge mine at work daily with the mobile. And weekends at home.

Also a must for emergencies. One is always in our Teslas.

I would not refuse my car if it did not come with, but I’d certainly be annoyed about it.
Yeah. NO!!!! I also had a Tesla since 2017 and I found that charger useless. That is why I have a Wall Charger that I paid for totaling $1100 (charger and installation) I have never needed to use the useless one ever on any trip. I will say on the flip side, one of my relatives that bought the first Model X which has less range used it once in a rare while in the Keys; before they added multiple superchargers in the Keys, we both had unlimited free supercharging. If you are comparing your Tesla to a rechargeable device that means you have range anxiety; something that you just need to get over. If I am wrong about my assumption then you do NOT need that useless charger. What's that song?????? Let it GO!!! Let it GO!!!! Seriously your reasons are not reasons. Try again and see if you can convince the world that you can't.....Singing...."Let it GOOOOOO, Let it GOOOOOO!!!!!"

I have every charging adapter that they make. However at this point I’ve never used them. I have solar panels on my roof at home and use a Gen 3 Tesla Charger so is all free and easy. I’m waiting for that longer trip to take and then will use a Tesla Super Charger.
EXACTLY. NOBODY really uses them. Even in an extreme emergency situation; someone will not need it because the car can get towed to a supercharger. I am going to troll this forum; even though it's supposed to be about car delivery waiting for every mofo that says the useless adapter is important. BECAUSE IT'S USELESS!!!!!! Let's go TESLA OWNERS. TELL ME WHY YOU NEED THIS USELESS HOME CHARGER!!!! AND IF YOU DO!! JUST BUY AN ICE!!!!! Sorry for the caps. I am just having fun.

Yeah. NO!!!! I also had a Tesla since 2017 and I found that charger useless. That is why I have a Wall Charger that I paid for totaling $1100 (charger and installation) I have never needed to use the useless one ever on any trip. I will say on the flip side, one of my relatives that bought the first Model X which has less range used it once in a rare while in the Keys; before they added multiple superchargers in the Keys, we both had unlimited free supercharging. If you are comparing your Tesla to a rechargeable device that means you have range anxiety; something that you just need to get over. If I am wrong about my assumption then you do NOT need that useless charger. What's that song?????? Let it GO!!! Let it GO!!!! Seriously your reasons are not reasons. Try again and see if you can convince the world that you can't.....Singing...."Let it GOOOOOO, Let it GOOOOOO!!!!!"
Explain to me how I charge at work without it then please. There are no chargers there nor any for many miles.

What you find useless is irrelevant to me.

Range anxiety? Hardly think so. We have a MYP and a Plaid. Drove hundreds of miles on trips from SoCal to Bay Area, Joshua Tree, San Diego, Vegas, Palm Springs, and a bunch of other places when we had less range on a S75 and an X75D.

Ya, let it go. Ignore button activated.

Last edited:
The closest super charger from my house/work is about an hour away so for me I do not believe that the mobile charger is useless. I was debating between installing a home charger or using the mobile charger so I guess it’ll be a home charger. I still wish it came with the mobile. Just helps with peace of mind when switching to an electric car. I feel like it would help me get through the range anxiety lol

The closest super charger from my house/work is about an hour away so for me I do not believe that the mobile charger is useless. I was debating between installing a home charger or using the mobile charger so I guess it’ll be a home charger. I still wish it came with the mobile. Just helps with peace of mind when switching to an electric car. I feel like it would help me get through the range anxiety lol
I agree. It was an option to customers which was also priced into the price of the vehicle. Now that they're taking this accessory away, the price of the vehicle should reflect that. I'm expecting delivery next week and was planning on using the mobile connector since I don't drive far for work everyday. Now I'll have to dish out more $ to get a mobile connector or use the local charger in the area to charge. It's a inconvenience justified by analytics of usage because Elon said so on Twitter instead of seeing an official company statement on the subject.

I agree. It was an option to customers which was also priced into the price of the vehicle. Now that they're taking this accessory away, the price of the vehicle should reflect that. I'm expecting delivery next week and was planning on using the mobile connector since I don't drive far for work everyday. Now I'll have to dish out more $ to get a mobile connector or use the local charger in the area to charge. It's a inconvenience justified by analytics of usage because Elon said so on Twitter instead of seeing an official company statement on the subject.
I bet a lot don’t get used. Tesla can say they didn’t raise the price by another $400 and so they are all good.

I have permanent charging at two homes. And always keep a mobile charger in the car. I bought a bunch of adapters for it. In 3.5 years I’ve yet to use it. It’s kinda like carrying around a gas can in an ICE car. How often did you run out of gas in an ICE?

The only time I would use it is if I’m running out of juice and I need to emergency charge. Where am I gonna find a 14-50 outlet in the middle of no where at night? (I.e. No super chargers around or level 2). And be in reach. Or use mobile connector with the 120V adapter and wait 12-24 hours. I plan so that never ever happens. I also never plug in at friends or relatives house. Parking not set up to reach and they are not far from super charger.

About the only real use case is going camping or going cross country and staying at camps. I don’t do that. I’m sure most don’t.

For home charging there are better solutions than the mobile charger. Like a hardwired wall connector or juicebox. I think the mobile connector was meant to be MOBILE, not primary.

So it really makes sense to drop it. Hard to believe there is so much fuss over this.

What Tesla should do is give you a store coupon of $400 towards what you want for charging. I think everyone’s needs vary a lot. But they should encourage the Tesla brand for your charging needs.

I bet JuiceBox is dancing in the streets.

Last edited:
But, they should honor what they advertised when we placed the order.
That is what I am getting at. Did the order configurator ever say one was included, for free?

And people could go on about the tilting screen being advertised on their site and then yanked from production. I get it, feature versus how you literally charge your car. But Tesla will be Tesla.

That is what I am getting at. Did the order configurator ever say one was included, for free?

And people could go on about the tilting screen being advertised on their site and then yanked from production. I get it, feature versus how you literally charge your car. But Tesla will be Tesla.
I ordered in January. I remember reading that the charger was included but now that I look for it I can’t find it. I’m getting a house built in Pennsylvania and that place will have a WC. We spend the winters in Florida and I’m getting a NEMA 14-50 installed there (here for 3 more weeks) this week. I was hoping to use the mobile charger in Florida and keep it in the car while traveling for peace of mind. Just like I’m adding a patching set for flat tires. I don’t expect to use either must they are nice to have.

I remember reading that the charger was included but now that I look for it I can’t find it
It is definitely possible that they removed the wording from the order process - hell, it would make sense so people can not refer back to it. But I definitely did not pay close enough attention nor grab screen caps that showed that the configurator said a mobile connector was included. Looking under the "Features" on the designer today, there is a card about charging, but the wording just says "using the mobile connector". Using the Wayback Machine to the end of March, no language change at least from that source.

Just like I’m adding a patching set for flat tires. I don’t expect to use either must they are nice to have.
Based upon the responses I have seen here and other place, an ideal scenario for Tesla would be to offer one in the ordering process at a discount. Suffice to say, not everyone uses it. But others have definitive scenarios where it makes sense (or is required) to have one. But much like everything else in the world, you are not going to please everyone.

Personally, only ever used mine twice. And it was when I was staying at in-laws and I was lazy to drive up to a Supercharger. Plus the trickle charge was more than enough overnight to get what I needed the next day. Plus it was parked in the garage and an outlet was right there. So convenience kicked in.