Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to place a new Plaid order because Tesla auto-marked me as a reseller (which they then escalated and corrected because I had proof of no sales or profit, etc. I just gave my car to my family friend).

Anyways, it took about 11 days since order to Delivery for my Plaid.

I placed order on 05/15, got VIN 05/19 (NF 478 production date May 10 and was in-transit to NY). Took Delivery 05/26.

All in all 11 days from order to delivery? Essentially they’re handing out Plaids almost instantly - although I seem to have gotten slightly lucky - could be an In-Transit refused delivery which was routed to me instead. But I did get a car within 11 days that came directly from Fremont to my NY delivery center and was the most recent production.
Can we become family friends?

Any 1153s or older out there still waiting? Midwest blue/cream 19” no FSD been waiting since last July and looks like they are pumping them out. Any ideas in delay? This is getting crazy. SA onsite looked it up and said it was CONCRETE that it was coming in mid to late June. Date was 22 may- 26 June now moved to June 15-July 6. Don’t think I’m missing anything it does show to complete my pre-delivery tasks in Tesla app but nothing shows it needs to be done. Any help or advice or anything I can do?

Attachments

• B22DAB37-94BC-4CEA-99F2-F864722DEF69.jpeg
    B22DAB37-94BC-4CEA-99F2-F864722DEF69.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You're the first I have heard that got that determination reversed. Out of curiosity how long did you own the Tesla before you gave it to a family friend?
Pretty sure I am the first haha.
I had a Model 3 for a year and a half that I lease transferred. I had my MS LR for 3 months which I sold for the Plaid around the same time as the 3 transfer. This caused the trigger.

I still own a 2020 Model X. So just had to give a lot of proof that I still have the X. showed signed and dated bill of sale that showed no profits. Also had my friend send over a signed statement directly from his Tesla account email saying he is a friend and indeed took over the car.
showed bank statements as well with no profitable sales (proof that i’m not a reseller).
they were really serious about this so I’d highly advise against selling/transferring your cars too soon.

I simply happen to be a very indecisive 26yr old. But i’m keeping my Plaid for atleast a few years now that I know I absolutely prefer the Plaid over the LR :)
Definitely grateful that they took the time to go through my case.

Last edited:
It happens sometimes. The delivery system does not seem to make sense to us outsiders.

I ordered my Plaid close to midnight on August 4th (after a few too many beers) and got an EDD of Feb - March 2022. I check the next morning and already had a VIN and a delivery date of August 8th! As you can imagine, the responses here on the forums from those who had been waiting almost a year were to say the least, colorful.

Double check your car. When was it built? If it is a recent build then you are probably good to go. If not try to find out why. My car was built June 3d and when I asked them why it sat for 2 months they said that a customer did not respond and they released it. That was absolutely not true. It turned out that my car had been entirely repainted. In my case I see that as a bonus.
I too picked up an inventory MS.

CURIOUS: how did you find out it had been repaired/repainted?

OK, drove over to the Service Centre and glad I did. After waiting 15 minutes, spoke to someone who couldn't really help me. She said she was new and said she could find someone who has more experience who may be able to help. I said yes please!

I finally spoke to someone who knew what they were talking about - a breath of fresh air given my recent experience with Tesla the past few months. The SA was able to answer all my questions. Here's the skinny:

1. The car was manufactured on Apr 14;
  2. The car is actually on site up the street in their offsite parking lot;
  3. The car was rejected by another customer because they declared bankruptcy and their financing fell through (this explains the rapid match to my account last night);
  4. He actually drove to the offsite lot to verify the options on the car for me; I asked him if I could go with him but he said no :(
  5. The car is a perfect match as far as my specs go.
  6. No damage reported on the car and he didn't see any. He said it looked fine other than the fact that it was dirty.
  7. All season tires, matrix headlights, new tail lights and charge port are all on the car.
  8. Tilting screen is not :(:(
They had a MS LR in the showroom that was the exact same spec as mine but with no tilt screen and different colour. We sat in it and he reminded me that the screen only tilts 11 degrees. No doubt it would be a nice feature to have but I don't think not having it is something that would bother me when I'm driving.

So right now I'm thinking I should take the car. A reminder that in Canada, a luxury tax kicks in for deliveries on Sept 1 or later. I'd be pretty upset if I waited for the tilt screen and didn't get the car until Sept - that decision could cost me another $6,200!

And I'd have the car for the summer - which would be great. Only downside is I haven't sold my old MS yet - was hoping to not be saddled with two cars at the same time but oh well. Maybe selling it now rather than the summer would be better as far as the quantity of interested buyers are concerned.

Thoughts? If I'm missing something please chime in. Otherwise I'm going to schedule pickup for next Thursday 👍👍
I just picked up a VIN 476. I like how the screen is flush to the dash. Looks sleek. I am not sure if it is that way with the tilt screen as I think it protrudes slightly. I do not think I will miss the tilt at all. If you are in a hurry to get the car sooner than later I would definitely take it. If you are not in a hurry and want to play the waiting game and you can handle not getting the car for possibly months longer would be okay to wait.

I just picked up a VIN 476. I like how the screen is flush to the dash. Looks sleek. I am not sure if it is that way with the tilt screen as I think it protrudes slightly. I do not think I will miss the tilt at all. If you are in a hurry to get the car sooner than later I would definitely take it. If you are not in a hurry and want to play the waiting game and you can handle not getting the car for possibly months longer would be okay to wait.

I checked out the new tilt-screen today. It sits just as flush as the non-tilt screen (the only difference is the motor is now in the mechanism), - I quite liked it. Certainly not worth waiting months for if you need a new car, but it's definitely sweet.

I checked out the new tilt-screen today. It sits just as flush as the non-tilt screen (the only difference is the motor is now in the mechanism), - I quite liked it. Certainly not worth waiting months for if you need a new car, but it's definitely sweet.
Good to know. Thx for verifying. Now I wish I had a tilt screen again:)