Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you get build date and time from VIN?
It's been covered extensively on this TMC thread, and apologies in advance as my recall is lacking, but basically right click on the image on your order page or inventory image and you will be able to view source data. There is a huge string, but you can download and search for "factorygated"

I'll give better info later.

I was able to get it to work with an inventory car just now. You have to have an image in you order page and probably a VIN assigned for this to work

On PC laptop or desktop, right click image and select "View page source"

Then, control F or select "Find" from the pull down on the menu bar.

Search for factorygated

It will highlight the day/time it was built.

In this case the demo car is over six months old. Not a good deal as the warranty is reduced by 12%

I was able to get it to work with an inventory car just now. You have to have an image in you order page and probably a VIN assigned for this to work

Search for factorygated

In this case the demo car is over six months old. Not a good deal as the warranty is reduced by 12%
Wouldn't a demo car get the warranty from your date of purchase, since it counts as a "new" car? Either way, I don't see large enough discounts to want to get a demo car.

Search for factorygated

That only works on inventory car. Does not work on the car ordered that is only showing under your account even when VIN is assigned.

Search for factorygated

Thanks a lot @aerodyne . I just tried another similar approach which also worked on the inventory car.

1. Open the existing inventory.
2. Click on View details of the desired car
3. Open the JS console by pressing F12 on a mac if you're using cchrome.
4. Search for FactoryGatedDate. It will be in the variable const dataJson.

Tip: If you see a lot of variables just copy the dataJson into a text file and search for FactoryGatedDate.

Anyone know what happens if you don't fill out the registration information after submitting an order? I've been hesitating to do anything to move the order along after submitting it last Friday. I want to delay as much as possible until the '24 VINs are out.
Eventually they will say to complete the next step, or they will cancel your order. I think they give you one or two days. (At least that is what they used to do.)