Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I demoed a car overnight last night. It was a black plaid with 898 miles on it. I wanted to check out the hepa filter set up as my model 3 has the mold smell. I went to open the frunk and it was broken. It popped up but I couldn’t open it. Not looking promising for my car I’m getting in 2 weeks….

My oct 8th delivered MSP has this frunk problem. It popped but I couldn't pull it open. Had to press the the open button a few times in order to get it to fully unlatch. Click click click click and then go back outside.

Problem gone now since I got the Hansshow powered frunk installed today but... yeah hehe.

Reactions: Maaz
2023 VIN assigned. Will take delivery on Tuesday. Don't care (much) about '23 vs '24 since I am not planning to sell within the next couple of years, and who knows when they will start adding the bumber camera. Pickup is at Dublin.
I wasn't planning to sell mine, either. But someone rear-ending me on the Interstate and totaling my HW4 Plaid just 4 months after delivery changed my perspective when I discovered insurance determines my payoff valuation by looking at comparable used vehicles (i.e. same year, make, and model). I was, in effect, forced to "sell" my car to the insurer for the same price as any other 2023 HW3 Plaid. If your 2023 (almost 2024) vehicle is totaled in February 2024, its value will be determined by comparing it with year-old cars, not new cars like yours.

Last edited:
Would also not pretend that of the Millions delivered that some forum posts make it a validation of certainty. I have bought 2 without a single issue. Does that make it 100%, no.
This is a problem with all user forums. People who find issues are much more likely to post than people with no problems.
So a certain number of complaints basically tells you nothing about the quality of the fleet.

This is a problem with all user forums. People who find issues are much more likely to post than people with no problems.
So a certain number of complaints basically tells you nothing about the quality of the fleet.
that’s true, but Tesla’s issues are well documented at this point. You’re more likely to get a car with a cosmetic problem than not. Whether said problem is unacceptable depends on the particular flaw and and the person buying it. I know when I picked up my model 3, there wasn’t a single car in line for delivery that didn’t have some sort of issue (most common being trunk alignment in that car’s case)

• Funny
Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Only two out of five deliveries I have been a part of have had no issues that required Service.

2015 MS CPO in 2018. Those were the days. Balloons and a showroom delivery.snd a test drive!

2022 MY.

The other cars had scrapes, poor body work repairs, missing parts such as Spoiler on a Plaid, and one shut down completely a mile from the store.

Only two out of five deliveries I have been a part of have had no issues that required Service.

2015 MS CPO in 2018. Those were the days. Balloons and a showroom delivery.snd a test drive!

2022 MY.

The other cars had scrapes, poor body work repairs, missing parts such as Spoiler on a Plaid, and one shut down completely a mile from the store.
Our of my four deliveries, the first three all had minor issues that were fixed with one or two trips to the service center (2016 Model S P90D demo car, two 2018 Model 3s). My '21 Plaid had 11 service visits before I gave up and had it bought back.

I think the Model 3/Y has improved, but the S/X has gotten worse. I helped inspect a friends model 3 delivery and it was damn near perfect.

Reactions: aerodyne
Posts once had some useful insights, even with the criticisms or delivery gripes. Now it's just turned into non-stop whining, mixed with made-up stories and wild theories.

Posts once had some useful insights, even with the criticisms or delivery gripes. Now it's just turned into non-stop whining, mixed with made-up stories and wild theories.
I’m a new forum member and placed an order for an MSP last month and recently canceled because I want a 24 VIN due to resale.

All of the forum complaining almost has me kind of questioning placing another order. I already had my level 2 charger installed.

Just scared to get a lemon, big panel gaps, vibrating, misc errors.

I say this now but I’m still super excited about ordering my MSP. I’m just not as confident that I will get a solid car on delivery.